Xbox One Monitor or TV?

Monitor or TV?

• Total voters
If what you're using now though suits you, then there's really any reason to switch. I think that a lot of people will choose a TV over a monitor for the same reasons that you have, functionality. Your TV can be used for a number of different things and so if you're happy enough with the quality your TV then I'm sure you've got better things to save and spend your money on.

I have a 60 inch Sony HDTV but I'll stay play on my 27" monitor because of the resolution which is far greater. Having a huge screen is nice but when I'm up close playing at my desk which is where all my gaming equipment is I don't want any weird or stuck/blurry pixels. Monitor all the way. I've also heard having a 3D monitor helps too but I'll probably opt for the 4k once I have the money.

^ @thebrad yeah definitely, you really only want to be using a smaller monitor for personal gaming and when you're in your room. If you're at a distance, it's not so good, but for personal gaming it's perfect

I disagree, I have always felt that when you're playing video games, you need the biggest possible view in order to enjoy the experience fully. We are talking about video games, I want a projector, and a theater room type sound system.

But I don't play on PC anyway, I bought the Mitsubishi 82 inch DLP big screen when it came out some year back specifically for gaming, and watching movies and other stuff like using my computer with.

It's lovely.

I personally prefer a monitor but it has more to do with the availability rather then anything else. I have plenty of them just collecting dust whereas if you go to buy a TV it would set me back by a pretty amount.

That is why, I always prefer a monitor over the TV. Also, we have a single TV in our home and if i play games on it, nobody else would be able to use it and hence TV is out of bounds for me.

As others have said, I think a lot of hat you use to play the games on will be dictated by the amount of money you have to spend. Most houses these days will have at least one TV so to buy a separate screen JUST to play games on will be something that I think a lot of people won't bother with.

If you are happy enough to play your games on a usual TV screen, then you might as well save your cash and stick to the set-up that you've already got. If money isn't an issue then fair enough, you can afford to buy a separate TV, monitor or projector to play on, but I'd have thought a lot of us won't be in that position.

When it comes to playing with any console I personally prefer using a TV for it, it mostly depends on the size because I would not use a 19" TV for gaming if my PC's monitor is literally 24"+, so it all depends on what I may have and my tastes in general, but I've always liked playing with my TV rather than using the monitor.

I think the whole idea of playing on a console is being in the lounge sitting back on the couch and relaxing. If you connect it to a monitor it feels too much like a pc. I do play games on my pc but if I just want sit back relax I prefer the xbox.

If there is any better alternative than the TV I still don't know (and if anyone knows, please let me know). The bigger the TV, the bigger the fun... This is the first rule. :D

So, TV all the way. :p

I think it depends on what sort of setup you're going. As well as what your needs are. Personally, I prefer a monitor over a TV. Most of the time monitors are cheaper than TV's. This is my main reason, to be honest. But since the beginning, I've always had a monitor for console and PC gaming. My parents never bought me a TV. They got me a monitor and I streamed shows online. So it's nothing new what I've been doing.

Back