Xbox One Negative Xbox One press

Jedioutcast

From
Philly
All,

Is it me or does it seem that almost any or every news story on the net is primarily negative towards Xbox One? I've only seen a couple possible negative articles towards the PS4.

J

I seen about 60 / 40, a little more for the Xbox though. Many hate MS and if the One ran 4k 60fps and the games were free, there would still be tons of bad things said.

I seen about 60 / 40, a little more for the Xbox though. Many hate MS and if the One ran 4k 60fps and the games were free, there would still be tons of bad things said.

I agree! It's almost as if site like IGN, Gamespot and others were just waiting for MS to drop the ball. The 40% of negative Sony news is few and far between... At least what I've seen out there.

J

Nah, just ignore the noise

I've been trying, but it is getting to the level of being sickening. One of the reasons I waited to pre-order the system is, I kept reading negative things about the XB1. I figured I'd wait and see if the system got better press, but it didn't. Then, I found this forum and it helped me to realize that pre-ordering XB1 was a great decision I made!

J

All,

Is it me or does it seem that almost any or every news story on the net is primarily negative towards Xbox One? I've only seen a couple possible negative articles towards the PS4.

J

All the negative PR right now to me are paid by Sony. It's to throw you off and to make you think twice about your ore order. But to me it's all set up.. For EX: every time some positive news comes out for Xbox, on that same day somebody or some anonymous game developer claims something wrong with the Xbox. If you don't believe me then watch and pay attention to the next positive news xbox get and you'll see aa negative PR to follow shortly after.

I've been trying, but it is getting to the level of being sickening.

J

I feel ya. Stinger on here called it "Öbjective Journalism" Its perfect for what they are doing lol. All it does for them is give them hits.

All the negative PR right now to me are paid by Sony. It's to throw you off and to make you think twice about your ore order. But to me it's all set up.. For EX: every time some positive news comes out for Xbox, on that same day somebody or some anonymous game developer claims something wrong with the Xbox. If you don't believe me then watch and pay attention to the next positive news xbox get and you'll see aa negative PR to follow shortly after.

I see that happening! Oh well, 11/22 will be its proving grounds!

J

as long as you ar happy it dosn't matter. i havnt played a sony system in 6 years..

nothing against sony just my experiance on xbox has been better hence why im willing to give it a shot even with the negative press.

whats the saying no news is good news... unfortunatly thats now how you sell millions of units.. so each system markets the crap out of it and gets developers and writes and bloggers to make one or the other sound better than sliced bread.. lets not forget most big games are cross platform meaning they will run the same on either one.

I have nothing against Sony either, just prefer Xbox systems. Hopefully both systems will do well.

J

I have nothing against Sony either, just prefer Xbox systems. Hopefully both systems will do well.

J

they will and a winner cant be anounced till 5 years really. sony may look great on paper but like ps3 may get blown out by microsofts willingness to get the good stuff a month early or more exclusives and such.
xbox360 itself wasnt steller off the bat but after mid way it got major traction and outsold ps3.. microsofts not stupid they may seem out of touch with the consumer but in the end they have the money to look down content/games/exclusives/apps that get people back. plus having a legit multiplayer in xbox live goes a long way.

Are you people SERIOUSLY thinking that Sony would care enough to pay people off to trash the competition? Microsoft has brought the trashing onto themselves with their ridiculous DRM pratices and even if they reversed them people are still bitter about it. Besides of the crap spewed by Don Mattrick and company way back then too. People don't easily forget such things.

Right now we mostly have people talking crap regarding the resolution, mostly because of CoD: Ghosts running at 720p on X1 and 1080p on PS4. Though this is because people don't realize that the developer sucks and the game is awful. I mean, have you people seen how awful CoD: Ghosts is on PC? I have reason enough to believe that the X1 version of Ghosts is a crap port or something too. And the ending is a copy-paste of the ending in one of the Modern Warfare titles (I think it was MW2's, there's a video around). People should redirect their hate at Activision and Infinity Ward in this case.

Regardless, you want an X1? Ignore other people's negative opinions and just get what you want, then. If it's good for you then that's what matters.

they will and a winner cant be anounced till 5 years really. sony may look great on paper but like ps3 may get blown out by microsofts willingness to get the good stuff a month early or more exclusives and such.
xbox360 itself wasnt steller off the bat but after mid way it got major traction and outsold ps3.. microsofts not stupid they may seem out of touch with the consumer but in the end they have the money to look down content/games/exclusives/apps that get people back. plus having a legit multiplayer in xbox live goes a long way.

I thought it was the other way around. PS3 started out bad and people joked about "NO GAEMS, NO GAEMS" but then it got better as it got more exclusives (specially for people that enjoy Japanese games, there are dozens of Japanese-developed games that are available only in PS3 and they're even localized) and Microsoft seemed to stop caring about bringing new exclusives and the ones they still had started decreasing in quality (or even becoming multiplatform like Mass Effect). That's how I remember this generation. X360 even had good Japanese exclusives at first like Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising (which went multiplatform for the 2nd game and then exclusive again for the 3rd) and Infinite Undiscovery (which has the dubious award of having the dumbest title) along with the Halos and Gears. They seemed to stop caring about these and started to just focus on Forza, Halo and Gears.

I thought it was the other way around. PS3 started out bad and people joked about "NO GAEMS, NO GAEMS" but then it got better as it got more exclusives (specially for people that enjoy Japanese games, there are dozens of Japanese-developed games that are available only in PS3 and they're even localized) and Microsoft seemed to stop caring about bringing new exclusives and the ones they still had started decreasing in quality (or even becoming multiplatform like Mass Effect). That's how I remember this generation. X360 even had good Japanese exclusives at first like Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising (which went multiplatform for the 2nd game and then exclusive again for the 3rd) and Infinite Undiscovery (which has the dubious award of having the dumbest title) along with the Halos and Gears. They seemed to stop caring about these and started to just focus on Forza, Halo and Gears.

I think those RPG games were to try and win the Japanese crowd, but it didnt. Only because an American system will NEVER win over there. Its a pride thing and it wont matter.

I think those RPG games were to try and win the Japanese crowd, but it didnt. Only because an American system will NEVER win over there. Its a pride thing and it wont matter.

Perhaps they were trying to win the Japanese over, but people over here like these games too. Of course, no way they could get a Japanese developer to develop exclusively for X1 when it's so much more profitable for them to go with the PS4 since PS4 sells much better in their home country... unless Microsoft pays them a lot of money or the Japanese developer is trying really hard to develop something specifically for Western audiences.

let's be fair, Microsoft has shot themselves in the foot with some of their decisions. You can't reverse the bad press even if they changed their mind. I think Sony is going to take an early lead in teh console wars this time around.

I've been trying, but it is getting to the level of being sickening. One of the reasons I waited to pre-order the system is, I kept reading negative things about the XB1. I figured I'd wait and see if the system got better press, but it didn't. Then, I found this forum and it helped me to realize that pre-ordering XB1 was a great decision I made!

J

I did exactly the opposite. I pre-ordered on June 10 knowing it would be tough to get one later. I figured I would read up on it as the day approached and cancel the pre-order if it looked like crap. Then I found this place and I think I'll be keeping it.

All,

J

If you surf this site you will see a lot more positive news than negative. In general I've seen way more news about XB1 than PS4 (positive or negative). I can't say I've seen a lot of negative PS4 articles.

Worst places to go get Xbox News is N4G, NEOGAF, CINEMABLEND! Avoid those sites at all costs!

Back