Xbox One 'Next-Gen' Games Aren't selling that well on Amazon

Well that's not counting the Live or PSN only titles, but as for physical titles PS2's line was impressive in size.

PS2's launch was pretty damn beefy. Like 29 for the US launch.

Yes, that I can agree on. Gotta say that the PS2's launch lineup was good compared to the other generations. Well, i guess in this day and age, it's all about getting the install base first and later the game sales.

Well that's not counting the Live or PSN only titles, but as for physical titles PS2's line was impressive in size.

True, true. Like what thecreed4life said, it's all about the install base now. Launch games may not be much but the consoles sold were a lot. Now, it's all in the games later in the next few months.

I think things are going to get worse with Valve rolling out their new Steam machine and games to go with it, that will take a huge bite out of the console revenues, especially as it relates to buying titles, which is much simpler, cheaper and more convenient on Steam...

I think things are going to get worse with Valve rolling out their new Steam machine and games to go with it, that will take a huge bite out of the console revenues, especially as it relates to buying titles, which is much simpler, cheaper and more convenient on Steam...

Couldn't disagree more. The Steam machines are a poorly executed idea. Developers are not going to want to make Linux versions of their games and if Valve's suggestion to fix that is to simply run Windows on them then how is that any different from every other mid range PC? It's not.

Couldn't disagree more. The Steam machines are a poorly executed idea. Developers are not going to want to make Linux versions of their games and if Valve's suggestion to fix that is to simply run Windows on them then how is that any different from every other mid range PC? It's not.

They're good pre built PCs but that's about it, yeah.

I think with the Steam Machine, it's looking at some sort of hybrid group of players who will dump their console (which is a convenient machine for gaming) or dump their PC (which they've likely sunk hundreds into getting it where they want it to play what they want). The only thing Steam Machines have going is cheap games and that they can play the games readily without having to check requirements...which made consoles more desirable in the first place.

Yeah, the fact that people are just upgrading does make sense. I wouldn't really expect to see a massive number of physical copies being shipped out by Amazon to everyone who has a next-gen console. I would much rather just have digital downloads available for every game, or simply just buy the digital code from Amazon and not a physical copy.

There will be a group of gamers who decide to ditch both. It will be a sliver, but they'll still be there.

Back