Xbox One 'Next-Gen' Games Aren't selling that well on Amazon

Far, far from a flop. There's just nothing worth getting at the moment really, a thimble full of games for 8th generation and a bunch of "prettier" looking games that also happen to be on 7th generation consoles.

Not only that, but usually launch games tend not to do that well anyway. There might be a few in a line up of say 20 or more that get good sales and the rest are there to make up the illusion of there being a bunch of games...when it's actually just EA...which is like saying "Hey come to party everyone's going to be there," everyone being EA, it's cousins, and it's cousins friends.

You could also say that there are people who just got their X1 and are sitting on it until games come out (so they didn't bother with launch games). They just wanted the console early to avoid having trouble getting it at another time.

Not only that, but usually launch games tend not to do that well anyway. There might be a few in a line up of say 20 or more that get good sales and the rest are there to make up the illusion of there being a bunch of games...when it's actually just EA...which is like saying "Hey come to party everyone's going to be there," everyone being EA, it's cousins, and it's cousins friends.

You could also say that there are people who just got their X1 and are sitting on it until games come out (so they didn't bother with launch games). They just wanted the console early to avoid having trouble getting it at another time.

True, true. Basically, this news about next-gen not selling well is... it doesn't mean anything at all. It's already been like this for all the other launches in the past so no need to worry. Next year will truly show what the next-gen will be like. 'Till then, it's just going to be the previous-gen to dominate for now.

I was just on Amazon 12/23 8:45am EST and most games are $10 off and some have used ones available for even less.

$42 for used Ryse and AC4. $40 for used COD Ghosts.

Lets wait and see what the numbers are like after next month. Once the Xmas rush is done and a month after people spend their Xmas money.

Well I guess it's true. Well there are just a few notable games from the release that were good enough for us. I guess the lineup that they chose wasn't that good from the start. Even though the console sales have gotten to an all time high if the games themselves can't sell that much it would be quite a downfall. All we can do is wait for the better games to be released.

Well I guess it's true. Well there are just a few notable games from the release that were good enough for us. I guess the lineup that they chose wasn't that good from the start. Even though the console sales have gotten to an all time high if the games themselves can't sell that much it would be quite a downfall. All we can do is wait for the better games to be released.

I have to agree. It would have been better if they had demos of the games for the launch a week after the game console was released. That way people could try and decide whether to buy the game or not.

But this is how it is with launches right? They can't expect game launches to have stellar games from the start. It's only months after do we see success come. We'll definitely see some success. Just you wait.

I wish they had open world RPGs included on the list. That way I can enjoy the games better. I like MMORPG a lot. I've played tons of games with the same genre. I started out with Ragnarok and up to now I'm still playing these types on my computer.

I was just on Amazon 12/23 8:45am EST and most games are $10 off and some have used ones available for even less.

$42 for used Ryse and AC4. $40 for used COD Ghosts.

I wonder how Amazon counts used games because it's not even a full sale that they get in on. Most of that goes to merchant and not the publisher.

But this is how it is with launches right? They can't expect game launches to have stellar games from the start. It's only months after do we see success come. We'll definitely see some success. Just you wait.

Now and days analysts expect sales to be massive out the gate without really looking at stuff such as lineup company (launch lineup), other games that a particular game has to compete with, etc. It's just "Xbox One and PS4 just came out! Games should be selling a lot!"

Now and days analysts expect sales to be massive out the gate without really looking at stuff such as lineup company (launch lineup), other games that a particular game has to compete with, etc. It's just "Xbox One and PS4 just came out! Games should be selling a lot!"

Exactly. It's just the launch. We all got to wait the months after them to really see. And there's still a big install base for the current-gen, so you can't expect the next-gen games to sell that much like the consoles did.

Also, can you expect 2 million+ owners of the Xbox One to buy all the available games? It's still depends on the consumer. Some will want this game, some will want that game... it's not guaranteed they'll buy ALL the games. Some will still go for the current-gen versions if they still own the current-gen consoles. And besides, this is just Amazon stating it doesn't sell for them. We still haven't heard from Walmart and the other retailers. So it's only from their perspective we're hearing from.

Analysts and news blogs really like their doom, gloom, and failure stories. Like spark said, just because 2 million+ people have an X1, it doesn't mean 2M+ of available games will be moved, it's just the launch like marthy said, and to Thundersteel's point there's really unrealistic expectations on sales and they bump it up every year with a shorter time period to hit it in. It's crazy.

The gloom, doom, and failure stories are what gets people reading and are more interesting to write. Well those and the articles no one asked for. The ones like "What would happen if you put an Xbox One in an oven?"

...that there is what you call a car wreck story. You're going to click on it because "Why would someone do that?" and "Why would anyone pick this story up?"

Has there been a put-a-next-gen-console-in-the-microwave-or-oven story yet? Seems like we would've gotten one by now because that's a story we just NEED to read and see video of.

Has there been a put-a-next-gen-console-in-the-microwave-or-oven story yet? Seems like we would've gotten one by now because that's a story we just NEED to read and see video of.

you have no idea how right you actually are...haha

As for amazon it'll be interesting to see if they take a hit since most of the xbone games will be for digital download and while I doubt microsoft will be getting into the sales mood when amazon does them they'd have to be cut quite a bit otherwise after shipping it'd still be cheaper to just download them from the game marketplace.

I'd say you could get them for cheaper by just getting them used from Amazon (who would still get their pocket change off those used sales anyway). Then again, if they shave the price on sale of the game on Amazon, it wouldn't be to the point that you'd have to pay shipping since they bumped it up to orders $35 and over get free shipping. Amazon isn't dropping games lower than $39.99 or something for a loooong time.

That's a good point, you could get plenty of these launch games with free shipping even after the price drops on them. The lowest most have been dropped is $49.

I see digital discounts being as frequent as Amazon discounts. Once we start seeing Steam and Desura-like discounts for digital games then Amazon will have something to really worry about.

I am not a fan of the doom and gloom 'journalism' that seems to be popular now a days. It's just clickbait, since writers know that it's the easiest way to get attention. Launches are about selling consoles, it's very rare that the game lineup is actually anything but average. Really the best game on the Xbox One is Dead Rising and everything else just counts as shovelware to me, same thing goes for the PS4. Great games never really come out until the spring/fall gaming season.

Back