Xbox One No new Xbox until 2015?

Nala

I read on Wikipedia that Microsoft thinks the current incarnation of the Xbox is good enough to last until 2015. With all these new consoles coming out soon, do you think that's still true? Four years is a long time in the video game world! Do you think the Xbox will fall behind if it doesn't update to the next gen sooner?

I'm not quite sure. I know a lot of people who absolutely love their Xbox460 even if it's the first gen.
I think customers will probably stay loyal and stick around unless they're also very much so into other systems as well.

Is playstation coming out with a new console? I know the Wii is making one but idk about a ps4? because if not I can't see the xbox falling behind. only other way is if some other company comes out with something insane

I don't see the xbox falling behind because it is the preferred console of everyone I know. I don't think that a Wii upgrade will really affect the xbox that much because it is not much of a competition now. I think 2015 sounds about right to get the development and testing needed for the 720 to be the best it can be.

Honestly, I don't mind the wait. And I'm glad they aren't jumping just because Nintendo decided to only just now put themselves in the world of HD gaming. The 360 as a brand is still making them money. So hell, why not keep going with it for as long as possible?

I never thought that wait will be that long. However coming from a reliable source like Wikipedia, this must be sadly true. So far the XBox 360 has proven to be a very stable version and we are even yet to realize its full potential.I too wouldn't mind the wait and also think that xBox 360 wouldn't be outdated by then!

Honestly, people shouldn't want the next set of systems any time soon. There is no guarantee that the new systems will be cheap like the Wii U. Especially since they'll more than likely be more advanced than the Wii U.

Then take into account on many developers fell apart this gen alone. As well as the cost. All that can be magnified with the new systems.

I don't think it'd fall behind and I wouldn't mind waiting for it. With the current time gap for the latest xbox they can easily make the 360 better, keep it up to date alongside having the time to add more ideas to the 720.
I wouldn't want a new console if it only had a few recognizable changes then have to pay a lot for it. I'd use that money on something else.

I don't think it'd fall behind and I wouldn't mind waiting for it. With the current time gap for the latest xbox they can easily make the 360 better, keep it up to date alongside having the time to add more ideas to the 720.
I wouldn't want a new console if it only had a few recognizable changes then have to pay a lot for it. I'd use that money on something else.

The thing is, people are speculating that the next systems won't have "too big" of graphical or game play changes. Instead, they're trying to say it will be more about apps and services. Which personally, I don't believe because just like with you, people aren't going to go jumping for joy about buying the same thing, just a little better like that.

I really don't think it will fall behind. It will be a great time to make money on games and accessories too. People get fed up with having to upgrade and buy new consoles every year. While some people are tech obsessed and want the newest version of everything, there are so many other users who just want to mod and accumulate everything that has to do with their console.

The thing is, people are speculating that the next systems won't have "too big" of graphical or game play changes. Instead, they're trying to say it will be more about apps and services. Which personally, I don't believe because just like with you, people aren't going to go jumping for joy about buying the same thing, just a little better like that.
Fun~
If this was a tv show instead of an xbox I would of been jumping all over any type of new information or spoilers. But with this i'd rather just wait till it's all out before making any assumptions. I guess i'm staying out of this section for a while.

I think we should wait and see. For now I'm pleased with my Xbox, if something new comes along I may try it out, if not... there's nothing much I can do about it, right? :)

I think we should wait and see. For now I'm pleased with my Xbox, if something new comes along I may try it out, if not... there's nothing much I can do about it, right? :)

I agree. But in the world of technology, especially when it comes to video games, nobody likes the "wait and see" approach. The moment the "newest" came is on the market, everyone is already looking at the developments of the next upcoming games or systems.

Bloomberg has recently confirmed that the Xbox is coming on holiday seasons of 2013.

Bloomberg has recently confirmed that the Xbox is coming on holiday seasons of 2013.

Bloomberg can't confirm anything. They're just some other news source speculating. Because in that same report, when they asked David Dennis (a Microsoft Spokesmen) to confirm it, all he replied with was "no comment" just like they always do.

Until Microsoft themselves state it, I believe nothing.

Apparently, it is pretty certain that the release date of the new xbox will be announced soon. Predictions of it's release range from late 2013 to late 2014. I personally prefer sooner rather than later, and think it will be about by December of next year.

Apparently, it is pretty certain that the release date of the new xbox will be announced soon. Predictions of it's release range from late 2013 to late 2014. I personally prefer sooner rather than later, and think it will be about by December of next year.

News sources have been "certain" before. Just for things to not turn out as they thought. I don't care how good the evidence might look and sound. Until you hear and official statement, NEVER believe the news.

Really? They seemed pretty accurate when predicting the release date of the wii u.
I am sure it will be out by 2014, the current one has been out for how long? like 7 or 8 years.

Well, if you want to look at it that way, they also said that both the New Playstation and New Xbox were to be at least mentioned at this past E3. Neither of which happened.

Like I said, until Microsoft themselves say it, it's not happening.

Yeah, that's true. I guess that you're saying makes sense My prediction though is still sometime in late 2013 or early 2014.

Back