Xbox One Non game features you're excited about?

spleendingo

From
Michigan
I know I'm in the minority when I say I was excited by the Xbox One reveal before E3. By nature, I'm not that much of a "tech head". And I get the arguments and complaints people made about the lack of games when the reveal happened. But I was actually impressed with what they showed and talked about from a non gaming standpoint. Of course the Xbox One will always be a gaming machine first and foremost, but that shouldn't mean there's no room for other goodies thrown in with it.

I've never had a Kinect sensor, but being able to use it in relation to my DVR and cable made sense.I think Microsoft has been pushing the idea of their console being an "all in one" entertainment system for awhile and may have finally realized that goal. Voice commands, hand gestures, Skype, recording TV, etc actually makes me happy. When I'm not at work or playing video games, I'm usually watching TV. I record the majority of it due to a wonky work schedule. I think it's going to be great to come home, turn on the Xbox One, and kick back for awhile watching TV then loading up a game when I'm through with nothing extra needing to be done. It's all right there.

Are any of you looking forward to any of these features? Or are you just in it for the games? Either way is cool. :)

I know I'm in the minority when I say I was excited by the Xbox One reveal before E3. By nature, I'm not that much of a "tech head". And I get the arguments and complaints people made about the lack of games when the reveal happened. But I was actually impressed with what they showed and talked about from a non gaming standpoint. Of course the Xbox One will always be a gaming machine first and foremost, but that shouldn't mean there's no room for other goodies thrown in with it.

I've never had a Kinect sensor, but being able to use it in relation to my DVR and cable made sense.I think Microsoft has been pushing the idea of their console being an "all in one" entertainment system for awhile and may have finally realized that goal. Voice commands, hand gestures, Skype, recording TV, etc actually makes me happy. When I'm not at work or playing video games, I'm usually watching TV. I record the majority of it due to a wonky work schedule. I think it's going to be great to come home, turn on the Xbox One, and kick back for awhile watching TV then loading up a game when I'm through with nothing extra needing to be done. It's all right there.

Are any of you looking forward to any of these features? Or are you just in it for the games? Either way is cool. :)

I am mostly in it for the Games and maybe some of the features. But its a good thing to know that I will have those features there...even if I dont need or use them.

I'm glad you like it, you are apparently the person MS was targeting and it seems like there are others like you. I personally buy my gaming system to play games and that is generally it. Occasionally I'll also like... watch DVDs or listen to music, but I don't really like television and I don't care about Skype. So yeah. Still good on you getting the best from your investment.

Honestly, I don't care about most of the features at the moment. Even if I care, I can't say I'm "excited" for any of them. I'm in it for the games, baby!

Of course consoles are mainly all about games. But I think the one major feature which I'm excited about is the cloud implementation. That just looks so appealing to me!

I wonder how the cloud integration will make the games more powerful. They said that it will give one Xbox the power of 10 Xbox. If that is true, it could truly be revolutionary.

Of course consoles are mainly all about games. But I think the one major feature which I'm excited about is the cloud implementation. That just looks so appealing to me!

I wonder how the cloud integration will make the games more powerful. They said that it will give one Xbox the power of 10 Xbox. If that is true, it could truly be revolutionary.

Well reading from what alot of the developers have said so far including Activision having dedicated servers for GHOSTS and Titanfall using the cloud for A.I. off loading its really going to be cool to see what these developers will use it for.

Via: Gamescom: Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Have Dedicated Servers on Xbox One - IGN

Via: Titanfall Developer Explains Use of Xbox Live Cloud

Certainly surprised that a lot of people here also get their consoles to play games, i just wish that it was all like that and not the other way around. The other stuff is a feature, not a selling point.

Certainly surprised that a lot of people here also get their consoles to play games, i just wish that it was all like that and not the other way around. The other stuff is a feature, not a selling point.

Ummmm....maybe to you lol. Sorry but ALL of those things are selling points to me and to OTHERS. If it wasnt then no website, article, journalist, video, news etc. would even mention it. These features are what makes it different from the PS4. If that was the case why would the NFL sign a 4 year deal with MSFT knowing it wasnt a selling point? If that was the case why would Sony promote a feature that lets you record the last few min/sec of gameplay? Times are changing and its not just STRICTLY about the Gamer anymore. Its expanding, and me for one...I am 100% ready for the change.

Spleendingo, I'm with you man. The apps for me are as interesting as the games. Especially the NFL app, the HDMI in, and being able to snap things like IE. I want them to get an IMDB app together so when I'm watching a movie I can snap that in to get info about the actors etc rather than have to grab my tablet or walk to the PC.

Plus, I watch a LOT of Machinema, ESPN, and other video apps now on the 360.

I'm honestly most excited about the games and new technology within the XBone. However, the apps idea is pretty cool to me. I really like the idea of putting all that together on my TV, all in one place. Maybe I could finally cancel my outrageously expensive cable.

I'm honestly most excited about the games and new technology within the XBone. However, the apps idea is pretty cool to me. I really like the idea of putting all that together on my TV, all in one place. Maybe I could finally cancel my outrageously expensive cable.

tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

My wife and I dont have cable either. Games and movies, thats all we do lol. Seriosuly it cuts back on bills so well.

Ummmm....maybe to you lol. Sorry but ALL of those things are selling points to me and to OTHERS. If it wasnt then no website, article, journalist, video, news etc. would even mention it. These features are what makes it different from the PS4. If that was the case why would the NFL sign a 4 year deal with MSFT knowing it wasnt a selling point? If that was the case why would Sony promote a feature that lets you record the last few min/sec of gameplay? Times are changing and its not just STRICTLY about the Gamer anymore. Its expanding, and me for one...I am 100% ready for the change.

I agree. I will admit, however, at that price if it didn't play games, I wouldn't even consider it just for the entertainment options. But as a person who loves movies, TV, and music nearly as much as I love video games, it seems a perfect fit for me.

Honestly, I don't care about most of the features at the moment. Even if I care, I can't say I'm "excited" for any of them. I'm in it for the games, baby!

Nothing wrong with that brother! I can't wait for Titan Fall and Destiny. Well, "can't" is the wrong word. I have to wait lol

Spleendingo, I'm with you man. The apps for me are as interesting as the games. Especially the NFL app, the HDMI in, and being able to snap things like IE. I want them to get an IMDB app together so when I'm watching a movie I can snap that in to get info about the actors etc rather than have to grab my tablet or walk to the PC.

Plus, I watch a LOT of Machinema, ESPN, and other video apps now on the 360.

Holy great idea Batman! An IMDB app like that would make a movie lover like me very happy! Are they working on that or was that just a thought? MAKE IT HAPPEN! :)

I don't really understand it either, but I'm just in it for the gaming. Maybe it's because I'm so low maintaince, but I don't need a million bells and whistles to be happy. Let it play lots of excellent games very well and you can most definitely have all my monies. Ah, well as long as MS makes a point of keeping the games at the forefront it should be fine. Of course, it is funny how GameInformer kind of called it in the April Fool's section.

I think most of the features that I really wanted were discarded. I wanted all of my games to be on the unit so I wouldn't have to change disks and I really wanted to see what the game sharing and being able to buy and sell games through their market would be like. The TV features are great and appealing, but I use DirecTV, so I don't think I would've been able to maximize them.

I do think it's funny how gamers feel so encroached upon by a new market of non or secondary gamers buying and wanting to use their console for their entertainment options and Microsoft making the console accessible to them.

The other features are far less important than the games to me, but I do enjoy extra features. The console I purchase first will be the one that I believe will give me the best gaming experience, but if I am to choose my favorite non-gaming feature of the Xbox One so far (sticking to new features, not ones on the 360) it would be multi-tasking, although that will affect my gaming exerience as well.

I think most of the features that I really wanted were discarded. I wanted all of my games to be on the unit so I wouldn't have to change disks and I really wanted to see what the game sharing and being able to buy and sell games through their market would be like. The TV features are great and appealing, but I use DirecTV, so I don't think I would've been able to maximize them.

I do think it's funny how gamers feel so encroached upon by a new market of non or secondary gamers buying and wanting to use their console for their entertainment options and Microsoft making the console accessible to them.

Its just a different feel to some gamers now a days. Me its all about the games and MSFT is bringing it. Along with some friends lol. Even if I don't use these features its good to know they will be there for when I want to. But I am with you. I wish we would of gotten the original concept. BUT! Who knows, maybe one day we will :D Here is a good read I found. Its kind of about how gamers are used to being the center of things and that some are not ready for change yet. -

Source: You Don?t Hate the Xbox One, You?re Just Jealous

Back