Xbox One Non game features you're excited about?

So, I have to wonder what exactly I was doing that day that allowed me to miss that article. I read that site! :D Thanks for the link.

I'm buying the One primarily to play games also, but I completely understand why and how people would like an all in one unit. I would think men would be especially happy about the changes and the design as it would probably make a gaming console a little more palatable to the women in their lives when the consideration of having it in the main/living room comes up.

I think most of the features that I really wanted were discarded. I wanted all of my games to be on the unit so I wouldn't have to change disks and I really wanted to see what the game sharing and being able to buy and sell games through their market would be like. The TV features are great and appealing, but I use DirecTV, so I don't think I would've been able to maximize them.

I have that same question about DirecTV, since i have it too. However, I use a Harmony 360 remote with my STB. So if the IR Blaster does the same things my Harmony does, even if I can't say "Xbox go to HBO" but can still call out channel numbers or the D* guide and the DVR functions I will be fine with that. It's still worth it to be able to snap it in and out with the apps and games.

I do think it's funny how gamers feel so encroached upon by a new market of non or secondary gamers buying and wanting to use their console for their entertainment options and Microsoft making the console accessible to them.

I don't understand this either. They think because there is another part of the Xbox team building apps and TV functionality and video stuff that they can't work on games or make the system game-centric. Then again, Xbox One bashing has been en vogue now since May, so some of this is just noise at this point.

I'm buying the One primarily to play games also, but I completely understand why and how people would like an all in one unit. I would think men would be especially happy about the changes and the design as it would probably make a gaming console a little more palatable to the women in their lives when the consideration of having it in the main/living room comes up.

The women and children. As a husband with 2 kids, disposable income is not there. The only way I was getting this console, besides selling some things to get the money, was to convince my wife why it was worth spending $500 when I had perfectly good consoles now (360, PS3). So the TV integration was a big selling point to get it into my house. And I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people in my age bracket who used to be hardcore gamers and could buy whatever we wanted that now have to choose between just another game console, and an all-in-one system that everyone can use.

So, I have to wonder what exactly I was doing that day that allowed me to miss that article. I read that site! :D Thanks for the link.

No problem. I always used to send that to people on other forums I used to go to and of course, they would never read it or not understand it. But yes, im all for the games but I am now wanting more. Being able to play awesome games AND have access to great features and apps is 1 step closer to my all in one system.

I have that same question about DirecTV, since i have it too. However, I use a Harmony 360 remote with my STB. So if the IR Blaster does the same things my Harmony does, even if I can't say "Xbox go to HBO" but can still call out channel numbers or the D* guide and the DVR functions I will be fine with that. It's still worth it to be able to snap it in and out with the apps and games.

I don't understand this either. They think because there is another part of the Xbox team building apps and TV functionality and video stuff that they can't work on games or make the system game-centric. Then again, Xbox One bashing has been en vogue now since May, so some of this is just noise at this point.

The women and children. As a husband with 2 kids, disposable income is not there. The only way I was getting this console, besides selling some things to get the money, was to convince my wife why it was worth spending $500 when I had perfectly good consoles now (360, PS3). So the TV integration was a big selling point to get it into my house. And I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people in my age bracket who used to be hardcore gamers and could buy whatever we wanted that now have to choose between just another game console, and an all-in-one system that everyone can use.

It will be interesting to see what a DirecTV box can do with it. As far as the whining and complaining, I've seen this type of paranoia before the One was even introduced. It usually comes to a boil around E3 and Microsoft mentions new things that they are adding to Live. I'm convinced that most of these complainers are kids or adults that never grew up and truly believe that the world revolves solely around them.

It will be interesting to see what a DirecTV box can do with it. As far as the whining and complaining, I've seen this type of paranoia before the One was even introduced. It usually comes to a boil around E3 and Microsoft mentions new things that they are adding to Live. I'm convinced that most of these complainers are kids or adults that never grew up and truly believe that the world revolves solely around them.

chuck-norris-gif.gif

I'm pretty excited about the Fantasy Football features, I actually use NFL.com so I have no issued with it.

Being from Michigan and having to deal with the Lions every season, my football enthusiasm died a long time ago lol. But if you're a fantasy player, that function is going to be AWESOME! If it works in real time, you should be able to sit back and watch your points go up (or down) without having to use a computer or smart phone. Good luck this season!

Being from Michigan and having to deal with the Lions every season, my football enthusiasm died a long time ago lol. But if you're a fantasy player, that function is going to be AWESOME! If it works in real time, you should be able to sit back and watch your points go up (or down) without having to use a computer or smart phone. Good luck this season!

Thanks man, I'll need it...tough league this year. I actually have the red zone channel so I'll get to see every game and scoring drive while watching my points track, should be great.

But, here's the thing: how are you supposed to watch the games and that app at the same time? It would have to be on SmartGlass because the One isn't going to be broadcasting the games also, unless I missed something completely. It sounds great, but I think I'll just stick with a computer by my side.

But, here's the thing: how are you supposed to watch the games and that app at the same time? It would have to be on SmartGlass because the One isn't going to be broadcasting the games also, unless I missed something completely. It sounds great, but I think I'll just stick with a computer by my side.

Because you can watch it live on TV having your STB running through the HDMI in on the Xbox One. Then you can snap the NFL app to the side. Voila!

Well, I knew if I asked the question, someone would be able to give me the answer. Thank you. Now, I am more interested in this. I'm almost positive that their stats and layout will be better than DirecTV's.

Spleendingo, I'm with you man. The apps for me are as interesting as the games. Especially the NFL app, the HDMI in, and being able to snap things like IE. I want them to get an IMDB app together so when I'm watching a movie I can snap that in to get info about the actors etc rather than have to grab my tablet or walk to the PC.

Plus, I watch a LOT of Machinema, ESPN, and other video apps now on the 360.

Brilliant idea! Now write a strongly worded letter and make this happen!

Snap mode would allow you to, assuming you have your STB connected via the console. You would actually be watching the game on your STB via the XBOX with the app also running.

Back