Xbox One Not daunted by the price?

John Henry

I remember a few years back, when the Wii first came out, they made it so cheap that everyone was going to be able to afford it. With Xbox One reportedly going to be the most expensive console ever, do you really think it is going to keep a lot of people from buying it? I don't know how or why, but people seem to always come up for money for the latest game consoles, regardless of the price.

XB1 isn't the most expensive console ever. It's $500. The PS3 was more expensive back in 2006 with the 60gb version debuting for $599.

sony-e3-2006-599-usd.jpg

XB1 isn't the most expensive console ever. It's $500. The PS3 was more expensive back in 2006 with the 60gb version debuting for $599.

View attachment 2258

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!! Sorry lol I had to lol. But yes, it is not the most expensive. And with what we get, the value is worth it

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!! Sorry lol I had to lol. But yes, it is not the most expensive. And with what we get, the value is worth it

I prefer the infamous quote of "Five-Hundred and Ninety-nine US Dollars." or who can forget "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."
2006 Sony E3 Press Conference was the ultimate internet meme machine lol

I prefer the infamous quote of "Five-Hundred and Ninety-nine US Dollars." or who can forget "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."
2006 Sony E3 Press Conference was the ultimate internet meme machine lol

OMG! I remmeber that. I was like whaaaaaat did he just say?!?!?! lol

Giant enemy crab!

No, really, consoles back in the 90's used to cost as much as today, and that was without the inflation in the economy, so they were really, really expensive. So i don't think this is that much in comparison to the technology we have today.

Giant enemy crab!
No, really, consoles back in the 90's used to cost as much as today, and that was without the inflation in the economy, so they were really, really expensive. So i don't think this is that much in comparison to the technology we have today.

Oh god that was bad lol. It took like 5 min. for it to come on screen and it WAS areal battle....didnt you know? lol

I'm never daunted by the prices of video game consoles. I really don't watch television, I don't go to movies or have many other hobbies. So I put my discretionary income into video games. Even if they put a $799 price tag on the console I would still buy it. And if the games cost $99, I'd still buy them but probably not as many as I buy now. They understand that the demographic of gamers has changed from the youth in the 80's and 90's to adolescents and adults in the 2000's.

I'm never daunted by the prices of video game consoles. I really don't watch television, I don't go to movies or have many other hobbies. So I put my discretionary income into video games. Even if they put a $799 price tag on the console I would still buy it. And if the games cost $99, I'd still buy them but probably not as many as I buy now. They understand that the demographic of gamers has changed from the youth in the 80's and 90's to adolescents and adults in the 2000's.

Same here man. Wife and I have no kids, no cable, just internet and video games lol.

Yeah I don't see the price as "high" at all. Try golf or hockey and you'll learn about a truly expensive hobby. :)

Yeah I don't see the price as "high" at all. Try golf or hockey and you'll learn about a truly expensive hobby. :)

Oh boy my cousin played hockey, and heard about the money he spent into it...no way

Daunted? No. Disappointed? Sure. Why wouldn't I want to spend less money? Even though I may not be able to take advantage of all the things on the media front, I believe that it will more than satisfy my gaming needs, even with the reversals, because I know they are going to flip the switch as soon as they are comfortable with their install base.

I will never understand the complaints about the price of gaming. This is voluntary. You can wait until the games go down in price. You can rent them. You can borrow them. You can work on that inevitable backlog. There are so many things that you can do to make it more affordable, complaining isn't one of them.

Daunted? No. Disappointed? Sure. Why wouldn't I want to spend less money? Even though I may not be able to take advantage of all the things on the media front, I believe that it will more than satisfy my gaming needs, even with the reversals, because I know they are going to flip the switch as soon as they are comfortable with their install base.

I will never understand the complaints about the price of gaming. This is voluntary. You can wait until the games go down in price. You can rent them. You can borrow them. You can work on that inevitable backlog. There are so many things that you can do to make it more affordable, complaining isn't one of them.

Well said Sir! I couldn't agree more.

900x900px-LL-a514bf4b_clapping.gif

I don't think the price will differ anyone from getting it that really wants it. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

Sony did indeed have a high price point with the PS3, but I think what people are forgetting is how badly it hurt them. Consumers on the fence will probably end up going for the cheaper option, or the option that's available first, and in both cases this is the PS4. I really think Microsoft should have released the console without the Kinect, in order to give a cheaper price point for people who don't want to pay an extra hundred dollars for something they don't want or (apparently) need.

Sony did indeed have a high price point with the PS3, but I think what people are forgetting is how badly it hurt them. Consumers on the fence will probably end up going for the cheaper option, or the option that's available first, and in both cases this is the PS4. I really think Microsoft should have released the console without the Kinect, in order to give a cheaper price point for people who don't want to pay an extra hundred dollars for something they don't want or (apparently) need.

Good idea, but not easily done if the architecture is built around the 360.

Don't forget the year gap in release between 360 and ps3. People didn't want to wait around all that time so 360 was able to get a huge lead.

I mean if XB1 was not coming out until Nov 2014, I'd probably buy a ps4 rather than wait.

Back