Xbox One Not daunted by the price?

The price difference is not what you would like to construe as the main reason.

I think some people will of course be daunted by the price, but there are many more who will have this game if it takes selling bodily fluids and perhaps organs (not necessarily their own). That said the price may well have seen rather more toward the PS4 then might otherwise have done so, particularly those who were on the fence. Add in the date of release and well - I suppose it is something of a calculated risk.

I am to an extent. I can't afford it right now, and I have never ever bought a console at launch. I may be one of the few users on here that isn't sure if they are picking it up right away.

I am to an extent. I can't afford it right now, and I have never ever bought a console at launch. I may be one of the few users on here that isn't sure if they are picking it up right away.

You are not alone. Although I myself paid off my pre-order, many in the community wont be getting it for quite some time. No worries though since Microsoft has vouched to support the 360 for 3 more years!

There will also be cable and satellite company subsidized versions of this console soon. Those businesses want to head of an all a la cart streaming future for as long as possible.

It will be a bundle like.... premium tier cable (HBO, ESPN), XBL, and an X1 console with your internet and video service thing, for $99 with a two year $90 a month type deal. I expect a Time Warner and Comcast announcement before E3 next year.

There will also be cable and satellite company subsidized versions of this console soon. Those businesses want to head of an all a la cart streaming future for as long as possible.

It will be a bundle like.... premium tier cable (HBO, ESPN), XBL, and an X1 console with your internet and video service thing, for $99 with a two year $90 a month type deal. I expect a Time Warner and Comcast announcement before E3 next year.

I have only heard rumors and MAJOR specualtion about this stuff. Unless you have an offical link?

I have only heard rumors and MAJOR specualtion about this stuff. Unless you have an offical link?

It is speculation on my part. Here is how I get there...

1. Microsoft has openly stated for years that they want to get into the cable box business.

2. Microsoft started their own cable box business with the x360 a couple of years ago, then abruptly stopped after discussions with Verizon, Comcast Timewarner.

3. Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon all have x360 apps now, and have package deals right now, where you get x360 with service agreement.

4. The X1 seems tailor made to support this type of application. For example, the console is designed to be powered for 10 years, rather than a tiny little hot things that burns up in a couple of years.

5. Microsoft already sells the X360 with SLA subsidy.

Okay, that's worthy speculation. It still does me an absolute nothing as a DirecTV lover, but who knows, maybe I'll do a triple play something anyway since I need the internet. I'd at least get to see ESPN3 and some other stuff with a local provider, thieves that they are.

I remember a few years back, when the Wii first came out, they made it so cheap that everyone was going to be able to afford it. With Xbox One reportedly going to be the most expensive console ever, do you really think it is going to keep a lot of people from buying it? I don't know how or why, but people seem to always come up for money for the latest game consoles, regardless of the price.

tbh before the consoles were revealed I was expecting to pay 600 minimum for a next gen console so I am fine with the price. Not to mention with the added in features of Kinect 2.0 I am sold.

I'm daunted to the extent that I won't buy it at launch. I am still undecided if I want to invest in XB1 or PS4, and price might be the biggest factor. I will be patient, any significant price drop is what I'm looking for.

The price is just fine for a launch console, but I'd be lying if I said I were eager to dish out $500 for a console that won't even have titles that fully utilize what it is capable of yet. I'm not likely to get any console at launch, but I might opt for the PS4 first.

Back