Xbox One Play Your 360 via the Xbox One

Well the 360 would still have to be powered on obviously.

...then why the hell would i want to connect both consoles to play a game i can play on one of them alone? It's not like i am going to end up with better graphics, so why even pair up this kind of thing? We already have to worry about one console overheating, now they want us to create a damn bomb on your living room with two of those colossus turned on at the same time?

You still have to worry about your 360 overheating? I thought the Slim took care of that? Are you still running an older version of the 360? Also, is it potentially overheating from playing or from where you have it located?

...then why the hell would i want to connect both consoles to play a game i can play on one of them alone? It's not like i am going to end up with better graphics, so why even pair up this kind of thing? We already have to worry about one console overheating, now they want us to create a damn bomb on your living room with two of those colossus turned on at the same time?

I'm not sure you know how bombs work lol. Besides with out turning on the 360 how do you expect to run a 360 game? The idea is to access your 360 library keeping the XB1 interface allowing you to utilize snap mode. Also I suppose if you're low on HDMI ports it helps

I'm not sure you know how bombs work lol. Besides with out turning on the 360 how do you expect to run a 360 game? The idea is to access your 360 library keeping the XB1 interface allowing you to utilize snap mode. Also I suppose if you're low on HDMI ports it helps

That's his point - you're running two machines to do what one machine can... why? This is honestly the most a**-backwards thing ever. It was stupid when it was just a rumor, and it hasn't gotten any better. If you can't do backwards compatibility then don't bother with any of this. The people who are going to keep their 360s will play them if they wish, and the Xboners will do as they wish. It isn't that big a deal.

It's a neat feature that will have some practicality for me, but I doubt most of the playerbase will use it. If we can't have full backwards compatibility, it's nice to see that we get something.

Backwards compatibility is expensive and becomes obsolete after some time

It's really not that expensive, and they can phase it out once it's no longer needed. I mean, hell, on my computer, right now, I can boot up an Xbox 360 Emulator and play Xbox 360 games, so why can't Microsoft find some way to make it work with the Xbox One? I'm aware it might be a little difficult, but it certainly wouldn't be all that expensive, and it would net them a whole lot more sales.

Back