PlayStation 4 revealed!

Jessi

Sony has released the PS4 info we have all been hearing rumors about this last month:

What do you think? Is it going to be worth buying a whole new console? Or are you happy with your Xbox and waiting for the next one instead?

I'd like to get it, but I know the price will be very high here in Australia.

The games they announced so far seem pretty good (especially Killzone), the new controller looks great, but it's the whole "social" crap that disinterests me. They seem to be pushing it a bit far.

Stoked! I'll probably consider trading up. The auto record to YouTube on the controller somewhat sold me.

Nope, no Siri = No buy. ;)

Stoked! I'll probably consider trading up. The auto record to YouTube on the controller somewhat sold me.

Isn't that so cool??

It makes me wonder how much more crap we're going to see on YouTube now that people will be able to record everything they want and share it easily.

The PS4 graphics look amazing the games announced were amazing the Unreal 4 engine OMFG!! But the price is whats scaring me the most this system can't be cheap even though my ideal price range would be between 300-350.

While some of the things they've mentioned sound cool, its not enough yet to convince me to run out and buy one. I've already got the software and hardware to record my gameplay, but that is something that won't cost us another couple hundred to do if we wanted to. The games they showed, not my kind of games. I'm a Shooter gamer, and none of those really caught my attention.

I'm just curious to see how Microsofts next Xbox can top the current Xbox 360.

All the new upcoming PlayStation 4 Game trailers!

The game play of these games looks pretty sweet, I'm not sure If I'm being brainwashed over the graphics....

What do you think ? Do you like what you see ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS3 was around 600 bucks during it's first week of release. Imagine how much this is going to be! So I'm thinking of waiting for at least a year until the price goes down a little bit and until a good number of games was released already. I also heard their going to use Gaikai for their demos. That right there is pretty good.

I love Playstation (obviously I love Xbox too), so maybe I'll get it. I probably won't for the first few months, but then they'll start to release things that can only be used on the PS4 and I'll have to get it. Iit'll be like the old iPhones and iPods -- you can't install apps on older iOSs and you can't install the new iOSs if your device is too old.

I'll wait for the price to die down a bit.

With the amount of money I spent on the Defiance pre-order that is going to have to be my only gaming purchase for awhile. I can't even consider an upgrade. Like any new console right after release it's going to be entirely too expensive to consider when I can just wait a year and buy the PS4 at a fraction of the cost.

I can't see me buying it for at least a year. Why? No backward compatibility.

Pretty much this. Also, like most of current consoles, the lack of software to support them worries me.

Still, i am interested in the model of the console itself, kind strange they show us the controller first.

I'd buy one! But I'll wait for its price to drop just like any other versions of PS and Xbox that the price drops significantly.

I really love to have one its like already I am collecting every release of PS and Xbox.

This was such a rubbish reveal, some cool features but without actually seeing the console and some vague tech specs I was left unimpressed.

So you're telling me you can't play PS3 games on the PS4? I'll definitely be getting the PS4, just not right away. The video was a little creepy though to be honest.

i have such high hopes for the PS4, i will be definitely buying, all these features have me so excited and the new games. watch dogs, destiny, etc.

I keep hearing that it would not be backwards compatible. I think if that is true than they will most likely try to get more buys through digital downloads. Kinda like what Nintendo does for the Wii. You may already own Super Mario but pay .99 and experience it on the Wii.

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere it wouldn't be backwards compatible.

Back