Xbox One Questions about cloud saves

FrankW

I purchased an Xbox one X last year to replace my Xbox One. I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for a while on it and had various game saves. About 3 months ago, i went offline so i could play the game unpatched and i've been playing this way ever since (i had to overwrite my downloaded version of the game with the disc version to do this). Obviously, it's not backing up my games to the cloud since i'm offline. So, as of now, i have a completely different set of game saves on my console than are in the cloud. This brings up some questions:

1. If i go back online now, will the console saves be uploaded to the cloud overwriting my old cloud saves or will the cloud saves be put on the console overwriting my current console saves?

2. I assume the answer to that is the first option but that brings up another question. In the event that i get a new console, it is designed to pull the saves from the cloud to the new console. How does it know to do it that way as there doesn't seem to be an option to tell the system which direction to sync the game saves (i.e. console to cloud or cloud to console)

3. If i go online now, the system will force me to patch the game to play it again. However, if i go online without the game disc, will it upload the console saves to the cloud without patching the game? To put it another way, at what point do your game saves get uploaded to the cloud. Would it happen with all my current console saves immediately after i go online or do i need to actually patch the game and start playing before it uploads the saves to the cloud?

4. How do you check to see what saves are in the cloud?

5. Sort of related to the other questions - In the event i do need to get a new console down the road which means i'm starting with nothing on the console, once i sign on to my profile, will it automatically put all game saves from all games on my new console and then wait for me to install each game to access them OR will i have to install each game, patch it, and then it will download the saves onto the console?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back