Original Xbox Reluctant to try Xbox

Jules

I used to be really hesitant to try Xbox. I don't even know why anymore. I guess I just always saw it as a console for first person shooter games. Now that I've started playing I realize that it's not like that at all!

Same here! I always saw the Xbox as more of a "boy" thing, for "boy" games. Once I actually found out about the wide range of games available for it, though, I was sold!

I actually think the features on Xbox Live are more geared to fit women than the Playstation 3. I know there is the Wii, which women and kids love, but there are many girls and women that like Xbox. I know a number of couples that have two Xbox's and play the Battlefield game I play. My ex wife always played with us. We had a lot of friends on there and it was like a social gathering along with competative battles. She never liked Call of Duty or the other FPS games, but I think it was the variety and being able to use teamwork with vehicles that brought her to start liking the games I played. Often she would be my gunner and repairer. While I'd attack she'd heal it. The leader of my team I play on is a brother and sister. I also know of a couple female only clans for the series of games I play. I think the game systems are for everyone that might want to enjoy them. You get to compete while making friends or playing with your current friends and chatting with a mic.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've read about some female-only clans that make traditionally "male" games more...safe, I guess? for women to play. I haven't joined one yet, but I'm hoping to soon!

It really is a myth, isn't it, that xbox games are a man's domain so to speak. More and more women are starting to play. It's at the point where it's going to be pretty even soon with half the players being women. I think it's great!

I wouldn't go that far as to say half of the gamers will be women. It's still dominated by boys and men, but yes it is increasing as far as the number of female gamers that are playing now. I know a number of them that are really good too.

I wouldn't go that far as to say half of the gamers will be women. It's still dominated by boys and men, but yes it is increasing as far as the number of female gamers that are playing now. I know a number of them that are really good too.

I think there's a lot more female gamers than people think. A lot of female gamers pretend to be male gamers because they don't want to be harassed while they're playing, so they have male or gender neutral-sounding usernames and get counted under the "male gamer" umbrella.

I think there are a lot more female gamers than many think but I don't think they make up half the gamers out there, unfortunately. I think video game developers know it. I think if more women played we could send a message to video game developers to make games that aren't sexist.

I also use to think, the Xbox was a boys only console. I had only heard people talk about war games, and the like. Then, my husband bought one, and I watched him play COD: Black Ops. He let me play, and I loved it.I also use to think, the Xbox was a boys only console. I had only heard people talk about war games, and the like. Then, my husband bought one, and I watched him play COD: Black Ops. He let me play, and I loved it.

Reluctant...? Certainly not! On the contrary, I've always known that the Xbox was the right console for me. I've always been a fan of Microsoft products and I fell in love with the Xbox ever since I tried it for the first time at my cousin's house. Since the Xbox 360 hasn't disappointed me either, I can honestly say that I am determined to purchase every Xbox console that Microsoft will release from now on.

Oh no, it's certainly not just for males! In fact, very soon I might be overtaking my husband's gamerscore on the 360 version (67k to his 72k), and not a single point came from a FPS game.

I think there are a lot more female gamers than many think but I don't think they make up half the gamers out there, unfortunately. I think video game developers know it. I think if more women played we could send a message to video game developers to make games that aren't sexist.

Most women I know like video games, but they seem to be less addicted to them. It might just be the women I know, but it seems like less of them are the type to stay up all night playing a game. I'm not sure if that translates to video game purchases too, but I suspect it might.

Honestly I think the Xbox is geared more towards men and kids too. I prefer the Wii - it's more geared towards me. I do like to play the Xbox though, I think the Kinect is geared towards women! I love that!

I don't think the Xbox is geared towards anybody in particular...you either like a certain style of game that comes out for it, or you don't. I think Xbox game developers definitely aim to incorporate a variety of audiences, otherwise they would only stick to certain genres.

I've never really understood the stereotype of male console users. The men might have outnumbered the female players in the beginning, but I don't think it was ever a man's domain. Maybe my perspective is different because I happen to know several women who also like to play.

I think we have gotten to the point of not always accepting any new console "right away" and games are not "boys only" anymore. Times are changing for all sorts of things and before you know it our pay scales will be even too. :p

Help please! Please do not ignore!!

Hello Guys Please can you help? I've had this thread up since April 2012 and still no replies. PLEASE HELP (Sorry for posting this here, but i wanted to attract lots of views. Please don't just ignore this message!

I was excited to try it out for the first time! Why be reluctant to something new ? It's fun to try new things. Of course, at first I was extra clumsy but after a few hours of practice I would forget to turn the console off :)

I relate to what dum ez said. I felt like an idiot when I tried it out for the first time. My first time on a kinect was awful, I was convinced it was either me or the Xbox that needed repairing ;)

There are many other options of games out there even if you don't like FPS- Kotor and Lotr are just two examples. And if you're looking for a sports game, the fifa series is great.

Back