Xbox One Rumor: The Next Xbox Will Require an Online Connection

I wouldn't like the fact that my Xbox would be taking up bandwidth just to be on. Though, I wouldn't mind the constant online connection if they removed the payments for Xbox Live Gold membership and if they provided more free arcade games and demos.

i believe it will happen cause a rumor just been made about there will be two versions
one of them is focusing on the Multi-Media and Multi-Media always need online preference

I wouldn't like the fact that my Xbox would be taking up bandwidth just to be on. Though, I wouldn't mind the constant online connection if they removed the payments for Xbox Live Gold membership and if they provided more free arcade games and demos.

I would love to play online for free as long as they can maintain the same quality like you're just having a free Xbox live gold. But I would shit prefer to pay a little bit just for a good and not laggy XBL gold.

This is basically what the 360 requires if I am not wrong, right? In order to be connected to Live, you need a constantly connected connection. I always get disconnected from time to time with Live, so if they require you to have a cat-5 cable hooked up at all times, that might work a little better for most people. As far as the not buying used games thing, I doubt I will even buy the new version.

We can see how well thats working out for EA in their launching of Sim City. All of these companies are going absolutely crazy in the piracy wars while in the mean time are driving away actual customers. Given time, people will begin to come around and not even worry about the DRM blocks that are baked into the consoles and games.

This clearly will just be one of those absurd rumors, it would not benefit both companies either way if they were to "require" an internet connection.

A move like this might make xbox lose some clients, but how many people out there actually playxbox now without going live or at least having an internet connection? I dont think it would be suicide, and they could market it as an easier way to get games. If you could download your games for half the cost of the physical copies, then why not? Who really doesnt have internet these days anyway? I wouldn't be too opposed to xbox moving to the cloud, it's just less things that I have to physically keep up with.

I hope that's not true.
My internet likes to stop frequently for no reason so it'll be a big bummer for a lot of people like me.
Some like playing on their Xbox when they're internet connection is down -- looks like that'll stop.

I don't like this, it's a form of DRM. People should resist DRM and refuse to buy products containing it, it infringes upon your freedoms and you shouldn't let corporations get away with that. DRM doesn't stop piracy, it just causes an incovenience to the people that pay. If the console requires a constant Internet connection, I won't buy it.

I'm hearing one bad rumor after the other. Is the guys over at Sony putting out this bad press or does Microsoft need to work on their pr skills?

I'm hearing one bad rumor after the other. Is the guys over at Sony putting out this bad press or does Microsoft need to work on their pr skills?
Don't be silly, Sony's PS4 gets the same amount of crazy rumors. Some of the rumors say both consoles will have the same kind of stupid limitations!

After the EA problems with SimCity and always online, I don't believe they would be so stupid to try it. If they force it, Playstation would sweep in and win the console war there and then.

That is going to be very unfortunate for many people if it is true. Looking at the minds of the developers, if their customers are going to be shelling out close to a grand for a console, they are probably assuming they have access to some sort of internet connection. It doesn't seem like that absurd of an assumption.

Back