Xbox One Rumor: The Xbox 720 will have "Siri" type voice controls

krakken03

images.jpg

C-Net is reporting that the next-gen Xbox console, we'll call it the Xbox 720 for the sake of argument, may have a Siri-type voice control system since the other rumor that is going around is that the 720 will also require a constant internet connection. I think that this feature would actually be really great if they fine tune it a bit. The current Kinect voice controls work okay...but only if the volume is quite low. I know that I for one have trouble pausing my Netflix while I'm in the middle of watching something.

Microsoft, of course, isn't confirming or denying anything at this point, as they haven't even technically confirmed the existence of the 720 up to this point, although the rumor mill is saying that an announcement on the new system may be announced as early as March 2013. It will be interesting to see who wins what seems to be the race to create and control the whole family viewing/gaming experience. I think Xbox has a great chance at this, as it already has some great apps like the upcoming Redbox app, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, as well as Kinect and SmartGlass, and the future Illumniroom.

Do you think that you would like/utilize a Siri-type voice feature if it came to the next Xbox?

Unless a voice control feature is really good/intuitive, I don't think I'll ever end up using them. For me it just feels like you have to go through more work to actually get what you want done through AIs and voice commands. People do like them though, and I think integrating it was a smart move on Microsoft's behalf.

Yeah for me, the voice commands definitely needs the bugs worked out of it, and iron out the kinks. It seems to me at least, that I can get things done faster than the old fashioned way. Either way, it would be a really cool feature; and I would definitely not mind checking it out once implemented especially since I'm sure they'll work out some of the problems of it from previous versions.

I would like if we could do a long string of commands instead of doing it in pieces. Like if I were to say from the home screen "Xbox, launch Netflix and play next episode of Bones" instead of going step by step.

Of course, they'll update the current Kinect voice controls to respond better and allow you to interact with everything on your Xbox.

It appears the rumor mills are just creative. If the developers haven't even confirmed the existence of this next-gen XBox then why all the fuss about the release dates and its intuitive features? Anyway, if it will ever be released and it happens that it has all the features, then it will be a master piece from the Microsoft corporation.

If this is true that would be amazing. I am continually amazed by the creativity and technology that each generation of video console produces. I can't wait for the new Xbox system and I hope they price it at a reasonable rate. I can only imagine the improvements in game play that the new system will have for us gamers. This feature will only increase the ability for the gamer to be interactive with the game itself and will lead to more enjoyable time playing games.

Back