So the Wii U is a failure?

Okay here is the thing - much in the way MS focuses too much on the US, Nintendo focuses on the Asian market. Now western gamers might be tired of these games, but the Asian market still loves them. On top of that the WiiU is making new IPs and trying different things, but people never mention or investigate that. They instead focus on the old stuff. It's like how people mention Mario and junk for the Wii while forgetting all the other games and titles and whatnot of the Wii. Did you know there is a nice selection of horror titles for the Wii? That you can find shooters and such? Probably not because people focus on the old IPs instead of looking through the catalog, but then gamers (particularly the "hardcore") tend to be very conservative in what draws their interest.

I think that's a fair statement. It's true we tend to focus solely on the Msrio games and the old nostalgic stuff and look past all else.

I think that's a fair statement. It's true we tend to focus solely on the Msrio games and the old nostalgic stuff and look past all else.

It's understandable considering how expensive a hobby video gaming can be. Rather than make a risk you stick with what you know and have some experience with. Unfortunately this is how great, if not, amazing games are lost to the sands of time. I really do wish people were more disposed toward taking a risk without needing months/years of heavy hype.

Its obvious the console has given Nintendo nothing but losses ever since it came out and with the XBox One and PS4 soon to come out I think it'll be overshadowed even more. I think it may be a bit premature to see that the U is on its last legs but I personally don't see it improving from the current situation its in.

It's too expensive. For a casual gaming machine, it's about $50-$70 overpriced. I would expect sales to go up with a price drop. Maybe the re-release of Legend of Zelda: Windwaker will change that.

I'm expecting a nice sale and some deals happening in the next couple of months with the Wii U because of the other systems coming out. At this point, as others have said, there are not a whole lot of big name games to choose from yet. It could really go either way I suppose. It really depends on them dropping the price and increasing games.

I wouldn't exactly say a failure, it was pretty succesful in the first few weeks on selling them, I personally bought one myself and. I have to admit; I had a blast playing on the Wii U although currently I do think the wii U have become extinct.

The Wii U is far from a failure. This is the launch of the console is a failure.
People have the impression that this is the same as the Wii, but with a tablet.

Nintendo made ​​the mistake of keeping the same design, the same interface, and very few Nintendo games at launch.
Recently, sales have continued with the launch of Zelda The Wind Waker. Imagine the days when Nintendo will release a new Zelda. The world will take on the console ... This is guaranteed.

Nintendo just waiting for the right moment to send its most important exclusive games.

Its hardly a failure and I think that if they add some things, do some tweaking with it that it can be viable again. Its a great idea for family fun and I know a lot of people who love it.

I do think that the Wii U is a complete failure for Nintendo. I only know one person that actually owns one and he doesn't even like it. Not to mention there aren't that many great titles available for the console at the moment. The only game that I can think of that is any good is Mario kart 8. I think Nintendo needs to make a console much like the PS4 and the Xbox one if they don't want to end up like Sega. Nintendo needs to make something less kiddie.

I do think that the Wii U is a complete failure for Nintendo. I only know one person that actually owns one and he doesn't even like it. Not to mention there aren't that many great titles available for the console at the moment. The only game that I can think of that is any good is Mario kart 8. I think Nintendo needs to make a console much like the PS4 and the Xbox one if they don't want to end up like Sega. Nintendo needs to make something less kiddie.
You know, for a company which makes 'kiddie' games, they did pretty well last gen didn't they?

I think the Wii U was not a failure because I like the internet and how it can actually play videos, there is many of wonderful games for the Wii U that I have experienced, some good games would have to be Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World these are both amazing games for the Wii U that I have played and spent time to beat. I think if it wants to compete with big competitors such as the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 it should release better games or have its own individual feature that will make it different from the Xbox and PlayStation, I think they should make the price drop because than more people would buy it and see all its advantages. The coolest feature I think it has would have to be how it included apps like Netflix and the internet is polished.

Back