Xbox One So what do you expect from this game?

deathbyprayer

I'm surprised nobody is going on about this game yet in this forum, seems like nobody is that excited at all, anyways. Now this is kind of a new take on the franchise seeing that it's now going way ahead to the future. I've only seen some footage so I can't really say much but I just want to know what do you guys think about it so far?

Lol, CoD comes out every year, there's really nothing to be excited about anymore. I've no expectations from this game because I know it's going to be the same thing again with a different skin. The futuristic setting won't change anything, it's still the same game every year.

I am not expecting it to be radically different than any other game of this franchise. You know that it's going to come with same gameplay mechanics and kids are going to love it.

Lol, CoD comes out every year, there's really nothing to be excited about anymore. I've no expectations from this game because I know it's going to be the same thing again with a different skin. The futuristic setting won't change anything, it's still the same game every year.

Yeah you got a point there but I'm still hoping that somehow they would make something different or at least end the series already. I think if they kept on going we would reach something like "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare In Space" LOL

I am not expecting it to be radically different than any other game of this franchise. You know that it's going to come with same gameplay mechanics and kids are going to love it.

Yeah I guess it all comes down to just shooting everything that moves and claiming victory with brute force. I'm still waiting for the day that this franchise will actually matter again.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the increased speed of the game. The online multiplayer is one of the best and loot-filled progression system is real fun. The campaign structure is also good but the co-op mode is a bit unimaginative.

Yes it has the speed that makes it worth it but it is quite similar to other games. There is nothing unique in it and is quite expensive for the value and features that it is offering. No point in buying it.

I havn't seen the trailer or anything but the cover photo I did see looked like it was in space or was selling that mindset imo..

I think the title in a whole is set in a funk that they could easily get out of but are to stubborn to put a food outside the line or reach even an inch out of the box.. its not like the 3 developers have any free reign to make a cod that they want.. I still stand behind my statement its now a cross between titanfall and cod with the wall running air packs and jumping mechanics.

it seems the new trend is tactical or slowed down fps gameplay.. rainbow 6 siege, battlefield,devision all are based around a slower more methodical gameplan not a run and gun. I think the younger crowd will still cling to cod as a whole because the mechanics/speed and general easy playstyle tend to allow kids and that run and gun mentality.. games like siege and devision where teamwork and working angles are key will get the middle aged and adult people.. and those games also look to almost penalize those who run into situations blind.

I guess I'm saying no I'm not interested in the game even tho I tend to watch a few cod streamers just to see the game...

I have found that when it comes to expectations for games that I have played before, especially games with a lot of features, I tend to set crazy expectations for the new version and then it never ends up living up to those and I think I end up wasting money. That is until I forget about it and just start playing it normally, and then all is good. I guess it is kind of a way of managing my expectations, just kind of detour.

This is one of my favorite games. It is the latest Call of Duty game I have purchased and I love everything about it. The exo-suits and their abilities make the game have a new twist. If the newer games are anything like this they would be amazing. The graphics are like any other Call of Duty game to me since I don't pay much attention to them, but I do love the new features. I just wish the zombies part wasn't a DLC and was included in the original game. I play the game about an hour a day after work and it has kept my interest for over a year so far. Its absolutely amazing.

Well I tend to have pretty high expectations for Call of Duty, so needless to say they are often let down in certain cases or in certain ways for each game. That said, this one is no different, and I did set the bar a little too high. I always expect something significant to change in the way that the shooter operates, but it never seems to happen.

Advanced Warfare is my favorite COD game, I had no expectations for this game. I thought it was going to be crap because I was so used to playing the basic COD game since PS2 versions. I remember playing Medal of Honor a lot as well.

When they came out with this one, I was amazed at the visual effects. And as I played in action, the game would all of a sudden stop playing, and then a player would walk on the screen and start talking, I thought that was bad ass.

It was a well put together game, and it had a shocking ending but if you can figure out riddles, you can also figure out who the bad guy is. Great game.

Well, when it comes to my expectations regarding CoD, I personally think that I am just waiting for the graphics to be enhanced and some new features to be added, there's pretty much nothing else they could add since the game seems to be quite overcharged, however, we still have to wait until they release it to see what the real deal with the game is.

Last edited:
There is nothing to expect in COD, it's the the same with different story line but same skin pack.
i was once like this, but only to get my expectation cut off. as you can see it's almost the same thing with the last release, expect with the graphics which i think was dented.

It's funny because COD used to be my favorite FPS shooter game. However, I feel they've failed to stay innovative and creative with the gameplay itself. Because of this, every new COD title released sort of feels like the same one before it. Maybe something small changed, but no real significant difference with the gameplay overall.

Yeah, same here @JonathanS. I used to LOVE Call of Duty games... especially the Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. Sadly, over the years Activision just lost the track of their games and in my eyes, went too greedy. They seemed to care more about making some money rather than giving us new, unique games. All the latest games felt pretty much the same and this includes the Advanced Warfare.

I still have high hopes for Call of Duty: WWII though :)

Back