Sony PlayStation 1. Do you still have one?

x0MandyLynn0x

I think many people have forgotten about the good old PlayStation 1 after all the new generations that were created for Sony afterwards. Like PlayStation 2, and than 3. Now we have PlayStation 4 coming out. It's most likely people just stopped caring for the original. Probably because it's outdated graphics. As for me though, I still love playing the first one. I also still have the console and play the games from time to time. I got my first addiction to Final Fantasy from the first PlayStation 1 console! (Especially Final Fantasy 8). Also, all of the Spyro games, which I only enjoy playing on this console. Not any of the newer ones. They just don't compare. Even if they graphics are better.

So who actually still plays PlayStation 1 and owns the console? Curious.

I don't own a PSX anymore. I traded it in to get my Gamecube back in the day. I would love to come across a cheap one in the wild. There are some gems on it that I missed back in the day. I would also love to play some of the games I am fond of like Tomba and Tekken 3.

I was lucky enough to find a working Playstation 1 for sale on Ebay. I purchased it for about fifty dollar's and to this very day, it still work's perfectly as if it is brand new! I have about thirty game's for it right now, it's hard to find good working game's to play on it, but sometime's I come across a few that work pretty well. I'm lucky to have this Playstation 1 in my gaming collection. :)

I bought it in 2004 and currently I'm storing it in a secured place where one day I could sell it at an extremely high price due to its rareness and uniqueness,(most likely to be sold in some museum of gaming).

I find it interesting that though I do enjoy PS3 and PS2 I never owned a PS1. I think it has to do with transitioning from N64 to the PlayStation or the Xbox because the GameCube was a problematic system for me in general. Something must have occurred that had me skip over that console completely. Strange.

I know I have it somewhere in my house but usually if I find myself wanting to play a PS game I will just emulate it because it is much easier than finding and setting the darn thing up. In addition to the PSX I still have most of my older consoles even if I rarely or never use them.

I gave my PS1 up when I bought a PS2 because the PS2 was backwards compatible with all the original games. It's been years and years since I've had a PS1 but there are still probably 10 or so PS1 games in my collection.

My family still has one or two lying around somewhere :p I usually just play my PS1 games on our PS2, but if that's not available I'd blow the dust off my PS1 and start playing it. There's dozens of games I would go back and play over like the Resident Evil's, Final Fantasy's, Legend of Mana and more!

Never bought the PS1. I directly jumped to the PS2 and it had backwards compatibility anyways. I do play my PS2 from time to time though, its been a while since I last did that. Will rectify that next time I get the chance.

I still have my PS1 as well as a PS2 and it works a treat, sometimes it's good to just go back to the retro days when Crash Bandicoot, Wipeout 2097 and Tomb Raider were gems of this era and I certainly can't forget Resident Evil which was a timeless classic for me back in my younger days, used to remember jumping whenever the snake came out the fireplace and constantly using the shotgun on it hoping I wouldn't get poisoned.

I still have some other original games for the PS1 such as V-Rally, Tekken 1 and 2 and TOCA as well as Rollcage.

I actually have one of the first gen versions of the PS1, as well as one of the smaller white ones. As far as I know they both still work fine, but I admit I haven't loaded anything up in them in a while. When I was younger I collected JRPG's on the PS1, and I didn't see any reason to trade them in so having a PS1 handy in case my PS2 dies or something seemed like a good idea. Helps save the laser on the newer consoles as well by not running them on those.

Of course, nowadays emulating PS1 games is trivial, even on mobile devices! Not to mention all the downloadable titles on PSN... ah well, some of my PS1 games still have value. I'm looking at you Suikoden II! <3

I don't have a PS1 anymore but I do still have a PS2 and a ton of PS1 games. That was one of my favorite things about the PS2 -- it's backwards compatible. Now, though, you can just download all those games through Playstation's network and play them on whichever console you own.

I still have a PS1 (the smaller PS One) and several games for it. I haven't played it in some time, though.

I don't have my original PS1, I got a new(?) one during the summer mainly to play the Suikoden games and the Resident Evil games as they were meant to be played. It was like the mid 90s again.

I still have the PS1 in my basement after I put it away long ago. I don't think I can find it right now because it's buried in all the junk that I put down there. I am just hoping like 50 years from now it might become like a vintage item which would be cool. If I wanted to play the PS1 game now, I just get an emulator on my computer to play some of the games.

I got rid of my Playstation 1 a long time ago. It was probably back when I was still a teenager. It has honestly been that long. I can't even remember how long ago it was since I played a Playstation 1.

I still have mine...kind of. It's just the console part. I don't have the TV hookups, but I do have the original PSX and the PSOne.

I hate when that happens. You never have the whole thing, just pieces of it. I don't have my Master System, just the controllers. I don't even remember what happened to the rest!

Back