Xbox One The Division snowdrop engine diary..

sc_shark

[video=youtube;lNAAjqKzzhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNAAjqKzzhw[/video]

Ubisoft is currently promoting the visual and practical strengths of its "Snowdrop" engine, an always-on real-time development toolset built for Tom Clancy's The Division. Given the primary audience attending the Game Developers Conference, Ubisoft is focusing more on the engine than the post-apocalyptic nitty gritty of the game itself, which is being made for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/21/tom-clancys-the-division-never-goes-offline-during-developmen/

in the movie they hit the nail on the head about bigger is not always better... we keep hearing 5x bigger maps and such.. but without a proper engine,graphics your stuck with filler content.. i am sure the division will be decent size but id rather have it feel streamline..it really seems we are not geting much as far as new gen stuff/tec till 2015.. even titanfall is build on a very dated cod engine..(not evven a recent one) but with games like, far cry4, tom clancy, halo,star wars it seems 2015 is really the year of next gen. or so we hope..

Looking at the video it really inspired me to get Division. It's on my list now that I've seen how cool the graphics was, and the possible hints of how the game play will be when it's out. I just hope that it can really live up to the hype.

Looking at the video it really inspired me to get Division. It's on my list now that I've seen how cool the graphics was, and the possible hints of how the game play will be when it's out. I just hope that it can really live up to the hype.

I'm really waiting for this game to finally come out. I will replace my BF4. Since I've decided to stop playing it.

[video=youtube;lNAAjqKzzhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNAAjqKzzhw[/video]

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/21/tom-clancys-the-division-never-goes-offline-during-developmen/

in the movie they hit the nail on the head about bigger is not always better... we keep hearing 5x bigger maps and such.. but without a proper engine,graphics your stuck with filler content.. i am sure the division will be decent size but id rather have it feel streamline..it really seems we are not geting much as far as new gen stuff/tec till 2015.. even titanfall is build on a very dated cod engine..(not evven a recent one) but with games like, far cry4, tom clancy, halo,star wars it seems 2015 is really the year of next gen. or so we hope..
Brilliant graphics and gameplay. I hope they can release this by the 1st quarter of next year.

Brilliant graphics and gameplay. I hope they can release this by the 1st quarter of next year.

dont look ati it like just a dvision thing. developers build these engines at tend to fit in allot of games/ituations.

the frost bite engine has been around since 2008.. and its one of the reasons people question how bf4 could be so bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)

the nice thing about snowdop is it seems to be a next gen engine... while it may do some nice things on the division i would really look 2-3 years down the road and see what they do with the engine.. it already shows a ton of potential.

Awesome.... awesome./.. awesome! But... before we all go hectic on this, remember that we may not have the same product when it's out already. Ubisoft's already been getting a lot of flak for Watch_Dogs, which doesn't look the same as the ones in E3 2012. But hopefully this one will be consistent till release day.

Awesome.... awesome./.. awesome! But... before we all go hectic on this, remember that we may not have the same product when it's out already. Ubisoft's already been getting a lot of flak for Watch_Dogs, which doesn't look the same as the ones in E3 2012. But hopefully this one will be consistent till release day.

I hope so. I think this game will be great as well as Watch Dogs, I'm still waiting for both.

Yeah, you're right. Actually, that's the same for other companies: give us the good-looking game.... and then it doesn't look the same when it's released.

Yeah, you're right. Actually, that's the same for other companies: give us the good-looking game.... and then it doesn't look the same when it's released.

Yeah, I agree. but well as long as the experience is the same, I don't mind if it looks different than what it was advertised.

Yeah, I agree. but well as long as the experience is the same, I don't mind if it looks different than what it was advertised.

I don't see why this game won't look really great. It's an awesome game in it's own.

Super excited for this to come out...I want to play today, but have to reel back my inner 5-year old so the game can be finished rightly. :p

Super excited for this to come out...I want to play today, but have to reel back my inner 5-year old so the game can be finished rightly. :p

Hold back and enjoy it once it's complete. I've bee waiting for this game as well. hope we all get to play this.

Hold back and enjoy it once it's complete. I've bee waiting for this game as well. hope we all get to play this.

Yeah, I'm really excited for this as well. If I will play this today I would be on it for 24 hours.

Wow, this game looks really, really good. I'm definitely getting this one. Finally, a truly-next-gen game!

Let's just wait and see how this game goes. But yeah, same here, I'm excited for the game as well.

Back