The Shining sequel

BitesizeCrayons

Admittedly, I've never read The Shining, but the movie adaptation is definitely a classic. After many years, Stephen King is writing a sequel to this horror classic, so let's hope this one is a good follow-up. It'll probably get a movie adaptation as well, so I'll definitely be interested in that.

Teaser trailer here:Doctor Sleep by Stephen King - YouTube

Interesting. The Shining is a staple in fiction and like you said the movie is a classic. I'm very much looking forward to read the sequel and I'm hoping Stephen King hasn't lost his touch. Then after that, I fully expect a sequel to the movie to be made as well. You know Hollywood is never too far behind when it comes to major novels being released. I can't wait to read the book when it's published.

Wow.

I cannot believe this actually happening. Like Clark Bruce said, I really hope Stephen King knocks a home run with this sequel to all time classic in literature and film. There is no doubt it will be made into movie because it can play off the success of Kubrick and Nicholson's masterpiece. After reading a small snippet of the plot, it says the young boy with supernatural powers from the first novel will now battle an evil society determined to eliminate people with his kind of special ability. Oh and a cat will help him. I am a bit skeptic right now but I will hole my judgement until I see the final product. I am very, very excited.

Whoa, I would have never seen this coming. That's kind of what I liked about the Shining, it was one of those things that didn't have a sequel just for the cash.

I suppose enough time's gone by that one can't compare it to, say, a Fast and Furious. I am quite curious for this to come out now.

Wow, talk about a large gap in between books. Like the rest of you I'm curious to read the novel and then see how it's adapted. I thought I remembered hearing that he wasnt a fan of the movie theatre version at all, and helped make a tv version a few years back ( I almost think one of the guys from wings was in it) that he felt was truer to his novel.

Edited to add that I guess it was in '97, so more than a few years back.

I have read and watched everything done by Stephen King. I especially liked the Bachman books. Great short stories. If he is doing a sequel to this classic I would bet my last cent that it will be as wonderful and as entertaining as all his other great works. Will be anxiously awaiting its release.

I'm a big fan of his short stories as well. He's very detailed and I admittedly get lost sometimes while reading his much, much longer novels, so I highly enjoy the short stories. I can read a few a night and never get bored.

I have read and watched everything done by Stephen King. I especially liked the Bachman books. Great short stories. If he is doing a sequel to this classic I would bet my last cent that it will be as wonderful and as entertaining as all his other great works. Will be anxiously awaiting its release.
Even being ignorant to a lot of his work, I do know that Stephen King is renowned for his excellent consistency as a writer. I'm not scared or disturbed easily, but IT has got to be the best horror story of all time, and he never used cheap tactics to make it so.

Back