Xbox One Thoughts on a Kinect that can read minds?

diamondback8

I know it's weird why I came up with the topic but well, I saw in one episode of Two and a Half Men where Ashton Kutcher's character and his colleagues were making this headgear that could read minds and relay it back to the computer. Well, what if the Kinect was upgraded to read our minds? Thoughts? Personally.... it'd be creepy yet awesome too. But imagine if that were to go into the wrong hands.... yeah, just imagine that.

Now that you mentioned it, if that were possible I'd love to see it happen. Why? It will be easier for us to control the console that way. No controllers needed for games that have that concept. Like for example you have a RPG game and you want to attack something, just think about the target that you want and your character will do the rest.

If the Kinect can read minds, it kind of beats its purpose. The Kinect is supposed to push for motion gaming where people can move around when playing. The gimmick for it right now is that people can exercise when playing the Kinect. Having it read minds just makes people even more lazy and move less than using the regular controller.

If the Kinect can read minds, it kind of beats its purpose. The Kinect is supposed to push for motion gaming where people can move around when playing. The gimmick for it right now is that people can exercise when playing the Kinect. Having it read minds just makes people even more lazy and move less than using the regular controller.

I guess you're right. But I guess the way we are now, the tech is still near impossible.

I guess you're right. But I guess the way we are now, the tech is still near impossible.

I agree, the tech really is near impossible at this point. But I don't want the thought of it happening. It's creepy to think that it can read minds.

I know it's weird why I came up with the topic but well, I saw in one episode of Two and a Half Men where Ashton Kutcher's character and his colleagues were making this headgear that could read minds and relay it back to the computer. Well, what if the Kinect was upgraded to read our minds? Thoughts? Personally.... it'd be creepy yet awesome too. But imagine if that were to go into the wrong hands.... yeah, just imagine that.

A Kinect that can read minds?................... It could happen. But the thought just scares me. If it does happen... oh man, that Batman movie pops up in my mind. The one with Riddler and Two-Face. I don't want it to happen. No ,no no.

It'd be cool, as long as it's used with constraint. You already see it in movies how tech like this can be used with evil purposes so there better be some control to it 'cuz if I find that my minds are already being read somewhere, then I'll be creeped out already.

Funny I remember that scene. Well I guess it would be nice if they can make it but just to change the way we operate our Xbox One. It won't be nice for gaming.

Funny I remember that scene. Well I guess it would be nice if they can make it but just to change the way we operate our Xbox One. It won't be nice for gaming.

Yeah, I remember that scene too. I agree as well. But it might also open the doors to different ways to game. Like, you can go gaming without a controller!.... but then controllers will be extinct as well. Hmmmm... interesting scenario.

A Kinect that reads minds... it might work. But it'll change the way we will do gaming. no more controllers, no more speaking, no more... it'll change. I'm not sure if it's for the better or worse. It'll depend.

This is my answer: No freaking way. haha.

that's already a legit thing, for quite a while http://www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_a_headset_that_reads_your_brainwaves.html It's not kinect mind you but the tech is there.

I remember watching a news thing a couple years ago as well where they were moving an arm using brainwaves as well but I can't remember where it was so I can't provide a source.

I remember watching a news thing a couple years ago as well where they were moving an arm using brainwaves as well but I can't remember where it was so I can't provide a source.

I remember watching something like that on Discovery Channel.

I think it would be really creepy and weird. People's minds are usually all over the place, so it wouldn't really work for games. It would just be a mess.

I think it would be really creepy and weird. People's minds are usually all over the place, so it wouldn't really work for games. It would just be a mess.

Yeah, I agree, I am always thinking of a lot of things so the concept won't really work for gaming.

well I'd assume that it'd work by having you concentrate on the activity...granted given how "accurate" the kinect motion/vocal controls are I'd imagine how much work and time would have to go into getting brain waves to play with.

The concept of using kinect to read minds might be too farfetched. It might take years to work that out.

If kinect can read minds then I'm screwed. Haha. My wife is quite a jealous gal so if ever I think of someone I know and it pops up on my screen just because Xbox One can read minds I might get the beating of my life. Haha. I work for a photography studio and it isn't new to me to see and mingle with girls since it's my job as a photographer.

If kinect can read minds then I'm screwed. Haha. My wife is quite a jealous gal so if ever I think of someone I know and it pops up on my screen just because Xbox One can read minds I might get the beating of my life. Haha. I work for a photography studio and it isn't new to me to see and mingle with girls since it's my job as a photographer.

Oh damn. Yeah, that'd be.... yeah, I think it shouldn't happen. Just one little thought and the Kinect will pop up a picture or even the word. "Cameron Diaz" , "Gywneth Paltrow"... yeah, your wife is gonna beat you to a pulp. Nope, hope it doesn't happen.

The concept of using kinect to read minds might be too farfetched. It might take years to work that out.

yeah, it can take years. But once it happens, I'm sure it could happen. I just hope there's some restriction to this. 'Cuz like what Anomaly0302 said, if are thoughts are popped out, who knows what people will see. We might even find out what people truly think. O_O I'd rather not see that happen.

Back