Xbox 360 Used Games - What do you do with them?

Oakster

Do you buy used games and do you sell your games after you've beaten them?
I didn't used to but I did it with GTA V now and I think it was pretty good, I beat the game, played it for around 2 months and ended up selling for just $10 less than I paid, so I'm pretty satisfied with the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you sell your cars after you've driven them? Games have a similar resale value to cars in that they sell for peanuts once they're "Driven off the lot."
It's sheer stupidity to sell games because of this, and they'll have more value as a collection anyway.

You sold a hit game while it was new, but that's the only instance where you can really get a return on games.
If you had waited a few months, it would be worth practically nothing.

Do you sell your cars after you've driven them? Games have a similar resale value to cars in that they sell for peanuts once they're "Driven off the lot."
It's sheer stupidity to sell games because of this, and they'll have more value as a collection anyway.

You sold a hit game while it was new, but that's the only instance where you can really get a return on games.
If you had waited a few months, it would be worth practically nothing.

I know, that's why I never did it before, but in this case it turned out pretty well.
I find that it's worthless if you try to sell it to a store, if you try selling on Craigslist like I did, they fetch much higher prices, mine took about a week to find a buyer and like I said, I only lost $10.

I buy used 95% of the time just about. That 5% is obviously when I buy digital games for portables and whatever is cheap on PS3 and 360. I love getting games used. I don't usually sell games though. If it's a Nintendo exclusive I collect those and Bethesda, Atlus, and Dragon Quest games. Everything else is up for sale.

I used to buy my games used until I got a job at Gamestop in high school. Now I'll only buy them new, because I know the headaches a lot of people had to go through buying used games. The 5-10 bucks that you save by buying used not worth the hassle, for me personally.

I always buy used unless it's a title that I want right away at launch and know that it won't be available used for awhile. As for selling them, yeah,once I've beaten it, I trade it in unless it's CoD or something that I'll continue to play the multiplayer.

I have bought a couple of used games so far and there haven't been any serious problems. I'll always prefer a used games if that means it's cheaper. Like the saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Only games that I had missed on release that I didn't feel was worth $60 bucks.

I have bought a couple of used games so far and there haven't been any serious problems. I'll always prefer a used games if that means it's cheaper. Like the saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Totally agree, I'll always jump at a game if it's available at a cheaper price--especially significantly cheaper than retail.

I have done that sometimes. It depends on if i get bored of the games. I have brought used games, beaten them and then played them again.

I always stock up on used games. Buying new? I better get more than the 20 hours that most consider acceptable.

I only buy new if I know I'm going to play it a ton, as in a multiplayer game. I usually rent from my local video store, its $7 for a weeks rent and I can usually finish the game in that amount of time so its actually a system that works really well for me. Definitely recommend you guys try it out too if your local movie/video shop has anything like it.

We used to have a lot of local video stores here during mid 90s that would let us rent games for a week at $5 per game. All of those got closed down either by just being dated or when stuff like Netflix and Gamefly came along. There is a local video game shop where you can play and rent games--kind of like a Blockbuster just for games or a Gamefly you can actually travel to. I might try it out.

I will buy used games sometimes if its a game I'm not sure I'll enjoy. I don't sell my games to GameStop though as they offer too little for games.

That's true, you really have to be eager to dump your games and already be in GameStop waiting to get a game.

Some people just have their games and console with them at the time and go in to check what they can get. Plus GameStop is more immediate...even though 9 times out of 10 you're likely to get shorted on your wares.

Used games please! I have yet to get a used game that wasn't in good condition. Plus I generally get games way after they've been released so I'm usually not in on the conversation, but if a game is just that good (GTA, Fallout, The Last of Us, Elder Scrolls) the conversation will go on for awhile. On that note I don't games to be in the conversation, really. It's a bonus if I am.

Some people just have their games and console with them at the time and go in to check what they can get. Plus GameStop is more immediate...even though 9 times out of 10 you're likely to get shorted on your wares.

By now I'm certain most of us have been shorted by GameStop on trade-ins. It's really meant for purchase only with trade-in penalties.

Pssf I gathered that some time ago that it was purely for full purchases and trade-ins going to a purchase.

Back