Xbox 360 Used Games - What do you do with them?

I will often buy used or when their is a sale such as on Steam, since it is so much more cost effective. Usually will not even miss much with not buying a fresh game and recently GTA V is the only game I have bought new and that is a game that I did not mind paying the full $60 for.

I do agree with Steam being the best option if you want inexpensive games and have the computer for it. For consoles: used.

You honestly can't beat Steam sales. Period. I've seen some and thought "Ugh...I want that and that, but my wallet...bah what the hell." Then I end up with a few new games and have to walk to work the following week.

I only buy used games in the form of cartridges. Like, DS, GBA and 3DS games. But for Xbox, no way. There's way too much hassle dealing with scratched disks and the like.

Besides, I like that new game smell. '^'

I like getting and giving used games. It's definitely cheaper than buying new. s long as it works i'm fine with it.

That's what I say about used games. It doesn't matter if it works. That's all I ask of a used game...and to be available for the low.

I do agree with Steam being the best option if you want inexpensive games and have the computer for it. For consoles: used.

I agree, there's no point getting used games on PC, just wait for a Steam sale, which are every couple of months anyway.
I wonder how the Steam Box will affect the used console games, since more people will have access to the Steam sales.

That's a good question! Who knows, because in the case of stores the Machine is just going to eat them alive when it comes to used games. For merchants selling used games online beyond Amazon's suggested price I think they'll be fine even if they're selling for $3-$4 more than Steam sales considering the console.

I try and support developers when games come out, but 60 dollars is just way too much money to spend more than once every blue moon. I buy 95% of games used, at Gamestop or eBay. I picked up God of War Saga new a couple of days ago, but that was because the used version might not have the code for two of the games.

If it's a game I want new, I'd just bust out with one of my gift cards to soften the blow on my wallet by $5.

...it still gets dumped on its head.

When I'm back at uni and don't have a steady income stream coming in, any games I do buy will probably be preowned. Stores like CeX have been reliable for quality in the past and their prices are pretty much unbeatable, so it's a win-win really. I don't tend to trade in games all that often but that's because I don't buy all that many new games, so it wouldn't really be worthwhile.

I have yet to use CeX. A friend recommended it and said the prices were dirt cheap most of the time. I'll look around on there.

It depends. If it's a game that I know will have excellent resale value and don't plan to hang onto, I'll pick it up new. If it's a rare copy, I'll do some investigating to see whether I can find one in like new condition. Internet is a must. I worked for Gamestop when I was younger and learned very quickly what passes muster and what doesn't.

With my used games, or old xbox 360 games, I try my best to sell them and get a decent value out of them. Most of my games that I've had have been overtaken by newer generations of the same game franchise(COD, GTA, Halo, etc.). Anyways, regardless, they get sold anyways :)

If I got the used game for extremely cheap, usually I'll just keep them. If I paid $10 for a game, I'd rather just have the luxury of having it available to me at all times rather than going through the process of selling it for a couple bucks. That being said, I don't really buy used games now. I just rent them for like less than 5 dollars and return them after playing them for a couple days.

Back