What does Gamerscore mean to you?

Plain bragging rights. Its like a dick measuring contest. Good way to talk down your friends.

I've ran into several people who are like this. I like to try complete games I enjoy, if not I could care less. Its more of a challenge to myself. I keep my dick in my pants, so to speak, LOL. To me it doesn't matter, who cares about GS, it does not define you as a person... and if it does that's scary.

I've ran into several people who are like this. I like to try complete games I enjoy, if not I could care less. Its more of a challenge to myself. I keep my dick in my pants, so to speak, LOL. To me it doesn't matter, who cares about GS, it does not define you as a person... and if it does that's scary.

Love it. don't judge someone just because of the GS.

so i went back over this tonight as i was talking to someone in person... and his question was what is your gamescore.?? lol

i have 6486 roughly.. but its not a number i knew os i said around 10,000.. his response was wow you must suck at gaming..

so i thought about it.. and i kinda do suck at it lol... but i also dont play many games at all.. when i bought my 360 it was really for forza/horizons,forza4 and i basically only played those and boarderlands 1/2 on my 360 till games with gold came out. i did buy cod ghost at launch but barley ever played it.

so i had my 360 and all of 5 games total.... games with gold comes.. got 2 games a month and really only played them long enough to abandon one to get into the next.

now i have 3 games on my xb1... blackflag,bf4,forza5 i refuse to play bf4 anymore(touched on in the xb1 bf4 topics) i have to be in the mood for blackflag and forza just feels like a grind(they took something away from it being a fun game to being serious)

i look at the games that just released and a few that are comming and really only see a total of 5 maybe 6 games total by christmas of 2014.. the sad part is i could go buy new games and possibly enjoy them but a lack of interest and knowing my attention span i dont.. with the game marketplace and sales and possibly gamestop having to compete i may pick up a few games on deals but still...

the sad part is i grinded 350+hours on bf4 and only got 440/1360 gamerscore. so really i have nothing to show for my work... and i was actually decent at bf4..

so i went back over this tonight as i was talking to someone in person... and his question was what is your gamescore.?? lol

i have 6486 roughly.. but its not a number i knew os i said around 10,000.. his response was wow you must suck at gaming..

so i thought about it.. and i kinda do suck at it lol... but i also dont play many games at all.. when i bought my 360 it was really for forza/horizons,forza4 and i basically only played those and boarderlands 1/2 on my 360 till games with gold came out. i did buy cod ghost at launch but barley ever played it.

so i had my 360 and all of 5 games total.... games with gold comes.. got 2 games a month and really only played them long enough to abandon one to get into the next.

now i have 3 games on my xb1... blackflag,bf4,forza5 i refuse to play bf4 anymore(touched on in the xb1 bf4 topics) i have to be in the mood for blackflag and forza just feels like a grind(they took something away from it being a fun game to being serious)

i look at the games that just released and a few that are comming and really only see a total of 5 maybe 6 games total by christmas of 2014.. the sad part is i could go buy new games and possibly enjoy them but a lack of interest and knowing my attention span i dont.. with the game marketplace and sales and possibly gamestop having to compete i may pick up a few games on deals but still...

the sad part is i grinded 350+hours on bf4 and only got 440/1360 gamerscore. so really i have nothing to show for my work... and i was actually decent at bf4..

I wonder why they keep on thinking that the gamescore will show how good you are in a game.

For me it is completely meaningless. I do try and go out of my way a bit to get achievements and such, but that's more because I enjoy the feeling of knowing that I have completed a game and all its content to the best of my ability, not because I get a meaningless score on my profile.

I don't care about it in the least. I just play games until I don't I'm not having fun anymore. Then I play something else. When I was younger I spent a lot of time trying to get all the achievements and stuff, but I just got tired of it. There's very little use for Internet points. :d

Nothing really.

I don't pay any attention to that type of stuff. The only thing that matters to me is my scores, and rankings in my favorite games. I really only use Xbox live to trash talk with people i am plying against. I am not a troll, or anything like that.

However i do enjoy competition, and friendly banter. It makes that game that much better.

It isn't relevant to me, I play for me and don't need trophies or medals or my name on a board to be satisfied. I do keep track of my scores but not in an obsessive way.

It's just a way to measure how much I've done in a certain game really. I like getting the full score out of a game for completenesses sake, but it doesn't mean I'm better or anything, just that I'm a little obsessive.

I try to not let the Gamescore get to me. Usually when that happens, I play for the score and not to enjoy the game. The game becomes less fun and I get angry if I don't improve my score.

I used to be a completionist and work toward earning every achievement on every game I had until it just became too time-consuming. Not to mention, nowadays half the achievements are DLC-related, and I'm suddenly spending $60 extra just on achievements.

Gamerscore doesn't really prove anything except dedication. I'd rather rack up a high amount of kills online than a couple dozen thousand gamerscore.

It does nothing for me. I compare myself against my own scores and try and beat them every time that I play.

For me it's more of a personal accomplishment thing. I don't go out of my way to get achievements, but I can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment when I get an achievement that I had no idea existed.

I really don't want to know how many times I have played a game because then it will let me know how obsessed I am with it! I'm not as bad as I used to be but some nights, especially after a lousy week at work, I really can get into some serious playing!

Back