What game brings you back to playing PS2?

sunkinship

Until I bought it on steam, GTA San Andreas brought me back to playing my PS2 for a day with some friends. So what game brings you back to your PS2, or more generally your older consoles?

I never had a PS2 of my own but I still love playing the Devil May Cry series on my friend's consoles. There's a lot of camp to go with the fervent action and fantasy elements. That series is always worth another play.

Honestly it would have to be Persona 4 because I absolutely love that game, probably one of my favorite games so far. If I had a Vita I might actually play my PS2 less and less simply because of P4 Golden but for the moment P4 keeps drawing me back.

Until I bought it on steam, GTA San Andreas brought me back to playing my PS2 for a day with some friends. So what game brings you back to your PS2, or more generally your older consoles?

Let's see ... God of War I and II, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 12, all the Resident Evils up through RE 4, all the Tomb Raiders up through Anniversary (I think), and the first Sims game. Those are all the ones that I can think of just off the top of my head. ;)

God of War, the Soul Calibur games, Shadow of the Colossus and a bunch of others. PS2 was probably one of the most biggest game changers in the gaming industry since the days of SNES. I know its something that is exclusive to my country but I don't think I've seen as much demand for any gaming system as it was there for PS2 in its heydays here in India. I was no different and was swept away with the hype. One of those rare cases when the reality matched the hype.

Gran Turismo 3 and 4 are great games.

I second that, the Gran Turismo series were fantastic for the console and for its time was really advanced in the way all the cars handled differently whenever you tuned them to hi-spec especially a Nissan Skyline to over 1000 BHP and with the custom gear changes, you could make your car go from 0-60 in like half a second and 100mph in a second and it was always great fun to race them along classic circuits like Grand Valley Speedway from what I remember.

But MTV Music Generator 2 was what I used to rush home from school for :)

What games DON'T bring me back to my Playstation 2? God of War, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Timesplitters 2 and 3, Shinobi, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, so many awesome games.

For me it was a mixture of games. One of them had to be Resident Evil 4 which still deserves a remake along with 0,1 and 2.

I also loved the mortal kombat games on Ps2

Holopoint said it the best. The PS2 lays claim to one of the best catalog of games that any system would be jealous of. Personally the game that brings me back the most has to be Spider-Man 2. The swinging mechanisms in that game have never been topped and I find myself time and time again swinging through NYC as my favorite web-crawler.

Honestly it would have to be Persona 4 because I absolutely love that game, probably one of my favorite games so far. If I had a Vita I might actually play my PS2 less and less simply because of P4 Golden but for the moment P4 keeps drawing me back.

Well, Vita has Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable (due to PSP backwards compatibility) but the PS2 still has all those other Shin Megami Tensei exclusives! Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and the Raidou Kuzunoha games. They're all worth going back to eventually, they're too good.

PS2 is an amazing console, and probably my favorite of all time. I'm a huge JRPG fan and there's an insane amount of JRPG's for PS2. Some exclusives which are my favorites include Final Fantasy 10 and 12, Dragon Warrior VIII and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Thankfully Final Fantasy X and the Kingdom Hearts series are being remastered in HD, so playing them again isn't so hard on the eyes! Still crossing my fingers for the others to be brought to the PSN store at least...

GTA Vice City and San Andreas always brings be back to the PS2. I would say the .hack series as well. There's still SO MANY RPGs I haven't finished on the PS2 :(

That was PS2's main thing, the RPGs. I still have a lot of them to get around to. .hack will take some doing though. I remember me and my younger brother would go to GameStop early in the morning in like 2004-2005 and get a bunch of marked down RPGs and just look at .hack because they had them all released really close together to keep with the anime or something.

We managed to just get the first one.

Man yeah, .hack really did seem like it was released too closely together. I didn't have the money to get ALL of them when I wanted to and the prices just weren't going down at GameStop.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas always brings be back to the PS2.

I never really played these two on my PS2. I got them an year or two after they came out for my PC and just never felt the urge to play them on the PS2. I figured they worked better on the PC.

For, some reason I suddenly have the urge to play Vice City on console.

Scarface (which was a bigger Vice City), Star Ocean, and Vice City.

RPGs pure and simple. When Nintendo home consoles stopped being the mecca for RPGs once it moved from the SNES-era to the N64-era PlayStation picked up the torch and the PS2 had a boatload of them. Good, bad, known, unknown, under appreciated, overrated. You couldn't swing a cat in PS2's game library without hitting an RPG.

I mainly give LaPucelle Tactics and Disgaea some spins. I try Unlimited Saga every now and then for fun.

There are a lot of games that I still go back to my PS2 for, but some of my faves are the earlier Resident Evil games. My all-time favorite is either Code Veronica or RE 4.

Final Fantasy X for me! If I were going to be stranded on a deserted island and could only have one game, that would be the one. Even after beating the game, which I have done dozens of times, the Monster Arena continues to offer new and challenging stuff to do. Some of those Arena fights are so incredibly hard.

Back