Xbox One What should the Xbox 720 be called?

Synitec

I'm personally fine with it being called the 720 but if you had a choice, what would you like for it to be called?
Durango just doesn't fit it in my opinion.

720 is cool. Durango is not, it's a cheap version of an SUV (no offense Durango owners).

What would I call the 720 if it was my job to name it... hmmmm. I don't know but if I had to choose a car name like they did I'd pick Infiniti or even a Yukon before I picked Durango, lol.

Xbox Yukon, the cool console to play!

Xbox Ifinity, but if they use that they would be out of numbers to choose from later...

Durango?? I am with everybody else I would just think of it as a car? Are they gonna put wheels on it, while a ram sticker on it?

I'm actually fine with it being Xbox 720. I don't particularly care either way, but I'd lean towards that versus 'Durango". 720 is already fairly well known and easily recognizable, and it's easy and simple.

I really don't want it to be called the Xbox 720 as it just makes it seem like an update from the old console (even though it really is). It's been a pretty long time since the first Xbox was released, so I think it's time they switch it up a little.

At one point I had heard they were going to call it the "Xbox Next" which sounds awful because it has three X sounds in it.

They could just pull an Apple and call it "The Xbox". I don't think anyone really cares what it's called as long as it's easy to pronounce.

Ideas:

-The Box of X.
-Funbox
-Ebola Gay
-Crosscrate
-Gamething
-Fat Man
-Xbox 1337

I'm out.

"xBox".... here is to wishful thinking. Although i could see them going the Apple naming route.

Durango?? I am with everybody else I would just think of it as a car? Are they gonna put wheels on it, while a ram sticker on it?

Haha. Yes! Do this. I'll run after it with my controller. But seriously, I like XBox 720. It sort of retains the branding of the original unit.

"xBox".... here is to wishful thinking. Although i could see them going the Apple naming route.

iGame? iBox? iPlay? Heheheh... naw. They'll probably just call it the Xbox 720 since that's what everybody does.

Haha. Yes! Do this. I'll run after it with my controller. But seriously, I like XBox 720. It sort of retains the branding of the original unit.

Only in the sense that the original Xbox was simply called the "Xbox". When they unveiled the Xbox 360, everyone thought that name was retarded also, so I'm sure everyone will eventually warm up to whatever other crappy name they give us for the next one.

Only in the sense that the original Xbox was simply called the "Xbox". When they unveiled the Xbox 360, everyone thought that name was retarded also, so I'm sure everyone will eventually warm up to whatever other crappy name they give us for the next one.

The 360's name is great though, allowed people to make these retarded "when you look at one you spin around 360º and walk away" jokes which always make me laugh because I imagine somebody doing a complete spin and then moonwalking away, which is probably not what was intended.

Yeah I would actually like this, "The new Xbox" sounds so much better than "Xbox 720". Or maybe Zbox :D?

XBox 720 would already be a very suitable and expected name for the next Xbox. But if I were to come up with a name for a Microsoft console I would try to follow the concept Microsoft has been using such as Windows, Surface. And name the console Microsoft Door, the door to gaming? XD

XBox 720 would already be a very suitable and expected name for the next Xbox. But if I were to come up with a name for a Microsoft console I would try to follow the concept Microsoft has been using such as Windows, Surface. And name the console Microsoft Door, the door to gaming? XD
Or maybe Microsoft Gate? :D

I'm sure Bill Gates would enjoy that. "The new gateway to gaming, brought to you buy Bill Gates. IT IS MICROSOFT GATE!"

Yeah I would actually like this, "The new Xbox" sounds so much better than "Xbox 720". Or maybe Zbox :D?

I'm also on board for the "XBox" I think it is simple and gives a feel of high quality to the upcoming console. The more numbers they add to the end of it the more it feels like a sequel rather than a new gaming console worth purchasing. Sorry hertihej but you're on your own with the Zbox lol.

I think that xbox 720 is a pretty bland name. They should try to make it something new, and interesting that appeals to old and new gamers. Some new gamers might see the number 720, and think that its just a sequel to the xbox 360. A name that I would suggest, would just be "The next xbox" Because it sounds catchy and makes sense in general.

Back