Xbox One What should the Xbox 720 be called?

I think they might just go and call the new Xbox the "New Xbox", following in the footsteps of Apple and its iPad. Doesn't really appeal to me, but calling it the 720 would be pretty bland too.

"The Next Xbox" is too long and very... meh. Even meh-er than Xbox 720. We'll just have to wait and see what they end up calling it...

If MS will continue pushing their whole Metro thing, it might be called something similar, maybe "Xbox Lite" or "Xbox Metro", if they clear up the trademark issues. Otherwise it should be just straight up "720", the perfect successor of the 360. Just don't go full Apple and call it the "New Xbox". :confused:

I would call it Xbox-NG (next generation). Would be a cool name and if it has a sleek look that would be even more awesome! But I don't mind 720, sounds ok but nothing special... lets just hope the console performances will be special! :)

To be honest, I think the Xbox 720 sounds good. Because I know they will not call it the BeastBox.

Xbox 720 would be fine, but it should double the power and speed in 360 so that it will be logical to be called 720. On the second thought, why not “Xbox 360 2X”, X will add awesomeness.

I think I read a while ago it was rumoured to be just called "Xbox". I like that name but then again that was the name of the original console so...yeah. Not a fan of "Xbox 720". Maybe just simply "Xbox 3"

Every name that you mentioned is better than Durango :p

I must have missed an announcement. Are they seriously considering calling the new XBox the Durango? There is nothing remotely futuristic or technological about that name. I don't mind XBox 720 or XBox Next. Sony is just sticking with the name PS4.
I would be fine with XBox just sticking with the sequel numbers like Sony is doing.

Xbox Infinity!!
I actually think Xbox Infinity sounds cool and it gives you the feeling that the new console can do anything. The name Infinity also ties in with the Windows 8 infinity logo. That would be a good name for the new console.

I'm sure others have addressed this, but "Durango" is just a working title. I hope 720 isn't the final name, because it lacks creativity. Sure, it's not like Sony is doing much better in that respect, but I want Microsoft to concoct a new and creative name. I liked the "Zephyr" working title that they used for the Elite when it was in the pre-manufacturing stage, and I hope they come up with something like that for their new console.

looks like "Durango" is just the first version cause there is a rumor saying that there will be two version , one using "Durango" DevKit and that's not powerful and will focus on the
Multi-Media , the other version will have an another DevKit and will focus on games and gamers

I'm sure others have addressed this, but "Durango" is just a working title. I hope 720 isn't the final name, because it lacks creativity. Sure, it's not like Sony is doing much better in that respect, but I want Microsoft to concoct a new and creative name. I liked the "Zephyr" working title that they used for the Elite when it was in the pre-manufacturing stage, and I hope they come up with something like that for their new console.
looks like "Durango" is just the first version cause there is a rumor saying that there will be two version , one using "Durango" DevKit and that's not powerful and will focus on the
Multi-Media , the other version will have an another DevKit and will focus on games and gamers

looks like "Durango" is just the first version cause there is a rumor saying that there will be two version , one using "Durango" DevKit and that's not powerful and will focus on the Multi-Media , the other version will have an another DevKit and will focus on games and gamers

Back