Xbox 360 What was the first game you purchased for your Xbox 360?

Kjordo711

What was the first game you purchased for your Xbox 360 and when did you buy it?

Mine was Call of Duty 5. It was and continues to be my favorite game of all time. I love everything about it, from the campaign, to the (at the time) unique zombies, and the fun multiplayer base. I bought it 5 years ago.

So what was yours?

Does the games that came with my 360 count? If so, in all for Boasting on how great Lego Indiana Jones is. :)

Bioshock was the first and it has probably one of my favorite story lines of all time. The Second is pretty good also if you get this one , but just ignore the multiplayer on it.

Burnout Revenge was my first purchase, and boy did I get it right! I played that game to exhaustion! It was so rewarding, it was fast and fun to play!
It's still my favorite racing game for the 360, I then bought Burnout Paradise but it had lost all the fun, at least in my opinion.

I had Halo 3 with the limited edition Halo 3 console. I spent way to much time playing Halo 3, with no regrets too. It's a shame that my Halo console had that damned E74 error and I switched to the Elite.

The first one I bought was GTA IV. I bought it and didn't really play the missions for months. I just explored the entire city up and down before actually getting into anything else. Then a friend bought me Dead Island after that. I just got my 360 last year, so I am a little late in the game.

The first game I remember buying for the Xbox 360 must have been the original Crackdown. I had so much fun collecting those little green orbs and jumping around the sandbox environment. I wish that there were more games like that today.

I bought Halo 3 at the same time I bought my console, an i'v never completed the game..

The first game I purchased was GTA IV and I bought my xbox just because of that game. I was shocked when I got it and realized how loud the fans on the xbox were. I never even played the story mode. All I wanted to do was play online. I do occasionally go back on the game to play this day and age but too many modders.

I only got myself an Xbox 360 later on after it's launch but the first game I played on it was Fable 2.
I really enjoyed playing it and put a lot of hours into completing it. It was a fantastic game and great
graphics too.

I didn't buy my Xbox until two Christmas's ago.
The very first game I bought for it was Skyrim. The same day, but later in the day, I also bought Mortal Kombat and a few $20 games.

Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, GUN, and Condemned. I actually played through and beat all four of those games, thinking back on it. It was a great launch, probably the best one I've seen other than maybe the Wii since it had Zelda on day one.

First game I bought was Halo 3, even though I don't really like first person shooters, it was just so hyped, it seemed like the console was all about it.
Shortly after this I got GTA IV and my enjoyment of the console increased tenfold.

Hm... trying to think hard here.. I know the first game I played on my 360 was King Kong because it came with it.. but the first game I actually purchased? I think it might have been Crackdown? Gotta get that Halo 3 beta. Damn it's been so long I can't really remember haha.

For me it was also GTA IV. GTA is just one of those games that I can't live without, no matter if it is on the PlayStation or Xbox. I also got Assasins Creed with the Xbox 360 too, another great game to get when you first get the console, ensures many hours of playability right away :p

The first game I was given with my Xbox 360 was Halo 3, the first game I probably bought outright was one called 'Tales of Vesperia'. It was part of the 'Tales of Symphonia' series of games that came out for the GameCube sometime ago. I was late to the Xbox craze though, I was on the Wii bandwagon for sometime.I really can't remember when I bought these games though.

My first ARCADE game for the xbox was 'Gauntlet'. Trying to do 100 levels in a group with friends ruined my summer. It was SOO HARD!

I bought Halo 3 when I bought my Xbox 360 console. It was on a Black Friday, and me and my friends spent the entire night and day afterwards playing it. Good times man...

The first games I ever purchased for the xbox 360 were Runner's Edge and Left for Dead. I decided to buy the console and two games at the spur of the moment and I was not disappointed by anything in the packet. I asked the employee at Best Buy which games he preferred and he steered me toward both of them. I played Runner's Edge first and was impressed by the environments of them and the concept of a parkour-style video game; one that has never really been attempted before. Left for Dead, however, was what really made me xbox 360 gamer for life. I'm a huge zombie fan, and the environments, coupled with the intense zombie-mob action blew my mind. It was this game that introduced me to online gameplay; something that I had never attempted before.

NBA 2K10 was my first game. 2K basketball games were great back then, but the last two games sucked. The NBA lockout didn't help, though.

Back