Xbox One When is Final Fantasy XV coming out??

momo

I would love to see a Final Fantasy game on the One. Looking around, it looks like XV will be coming to the One, but I can't find a release date. Is there not one yet?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've been waiting for that game since 2006. Some sources say next year is a better bet since Sony hasn't mentioned either title for release this year. I'm pretty glad I held off on a PS4 since those were the games I wanted, and I thought they'd be PS4-only releases.

I'm going to laugh if it gets released in 2016. A game that's been in development this long better be good!

From what I know they are still working on the game. So in other words the game is still under construction. We might see it hopefully by early next year. But if we get it this year we're lucky. We've all been waiting for this game for a while.

From what I know they are still working on the game. So in other words the game is still under construction. We might see it hopefully by early next year. But if we get it this year we're lucky. We've all been waiting for this game for a while.

Yeah no news yet. We're all excited.

No news yet actually. Also, Nomura stated that this game is coming out BEFORE Kingdom Hearts. Then take into account that Square plans to release at least one KH game every year (since 358/2 Days or re:coded, if I remember). So this year, 2.5HD Remix for the PS3. Next year? Probably another compilation. But Nomura still has to finish XV before KH3 so best bet is next year, and KH3 is 2016. So no news yet. You'll have to wait until Square or Nomura states the release date.

I would love to see a Final Fantasy game on the One. Looking around, it looks like XV will be coming to the One, but I can't find a release date. Is there not one yet?

Sorry my friend but unfortunately, Square Enix and Nomura aren't spilling the beans on a release date. Ever since they announced Versus 13 (and now, XV) back in 2006, they can never be solid on a release date. Even up to now, they haven't said a release date or even a release window for that matter. And as thedoodseven points out, KH3 comes AFTER XV so there's a chance XV is coming out next year and KH3 in 2016. Nomura sounded more affirming about KH3 than XV so we're gonna probably see XV very soon. Until then, just wait this one out.

You have to wait this one out. Nomura and Square always dodge the question by just saying they're not certain when it's ready. Read thedoodseven and marthyrocks replies here.

Sorry my friend but unfortunately, Square Enix and Nomura aren't spilling the beans on a release date. Ever since they announced Versus 13 (and now, XV) back in 2006, they can never be solid on a release date. Even up to now, they haven't said a release date or even a release window for that matter. And as thedoodseven points out, KH3 comes AFTER XV so there's a chance XV is coming out next year and KH3 in 2016. Nomura sounded more affirming about KH3 than XV so we're gonna probably see XV very soon. Until then, just wait this one out.

We'll have to wait it. nothing we can do, unless you can go forward in time and then see if it's done or not.

Aw, man, guys. I was really hoping to see someone say "later this year;" it sucks to think that it might be as far off as 2016 before we see it. I know I would rather wait a while and the game be really good than them rush it and the quality suffer, though.

Aw, man, guys. I was really hoping to see someone say "later this year;" it sucks to think that it might be as far off as 2016 before we see it. I know I would rather wait a while and the game be really good than them rush it and the quality suffer, though.

I know man. They have to perfect it well at this point since they pushed it back a couple of times.

Is it confirmed that it's also coming to the xbox? Wouldn't that make it the first time a ff title is coming to a non-ps platform? FF15 development started like 8 years ago I think when it was still labeled ff13 versus. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long. I wonder what happend....

Is it confirmed that it's also coming to the xbox? Wouldn't that make it the first time a ff title is coming to a non-ps platform? FF15 development started like 8 years ago I think when it was still labeled ff13 versus. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long. I wonder what happend....

It's coming to Xbox One. Same with KH3. Final Fantasy 13 was on Xbox 360 but KH3 is Kingdom Hearts Xbox debut.

Square and Nomura just won't say a thing. They're asked about it all the time, and all they can see is, 'It's coming" or "We're still working on it" or "It's coming along nicely but wait for this". Nomura has even asked that we all be patient. But not even a mention of "later this tear" or "estimate release window". So we really to have to wait. Nothing we can do at all. The only people who know when it will be releases are Square and Nomura so sorry buddy, but you'll have to wait this one out.

FF13 is the first FF title to make its debut on thje Xbox 360. Kingdom Hearts branches out to the Xbox branch for the first time with KH3. E3 2013 was where it was revealed.

Nomura is the perfectionist, so when he says later this year, it's later this year. But all he says is it's still getting developed and he's still working on it. So nothing much we can really do. E3 2014 may hold the key of info.

Nomura is the perfectionist, so when he says later this year, it's later this year. But all he says is it's still getting developed and he's still working on it. So nothing much we can really do. E3 2014 may hold the key of info.

Yeah, I agree. Well, just wait and wait and play. That's all we can do right now,.

It will be great if it comes out on the Xbox again, it was a great exclusive series to rip out of Sony.
Although I'm not sure whether to be excited for it as I was a bit disappointed with XIII and it's long hallways...

This is true. For me, the FF series started going downhill with XII. I just couldn't connect to the story or the characters at all. XIII was a little better in terms of story and characters, but nowhere near its predecessors. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but this series just feels like it doesn't have the spirit it used to have. There's such a focus on prequels and sequels instead of a solid, self-contained game. Then again, that seems to be a trend across many series, not just Final Fantasy.

This is true. For me, the FF series started going downhill with XII. I just couldn't connect to the story or the characters at all. XIII was a little better in terms of story and characters, but nowhere near its predecessors. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but this series just feels like it doesn't have the spirit it used to have. There's such a focus on prequels and sequels instead of a solid, self-contained game. Then again, that seems to be a trend across many series, not just Final Fantasy.

I agree. But I'm still hoping that probably within 2015 we get to see the game released finally.

Back