Xbox One Will the Xbox 720 replace your computer

neweaver

I have a great gaming machine that I update frequently with the best hardware and software. Do you feel that the xbox 720 will replace computer gaming due to the demand of it and the graphical updates?

Nope. I don't think that it would replace computer gaming. Computer games would always look a lot better because PCs are easily customizable. The graphics card could be updated, the video card could be replaced, etc. That's not the case for gaming consoles though including the new Xbox. They specifically modified the gaming system to be un-customizable. Why? So that if a new console would be released, you would buy one.

exactly what lindbergh said, the new xbox won't even be more powerfull then current gaming PCs so the computer gaming community will still be very very relevent. Consoles will never catch up to PC when it comes to hardware as PC is always changing where consoles are upgraded by model.

The Xbox is getting to be able to do more "things", I guess, a lot of which that can't be done on a PC, at least not as easily. The apps and arcade specifically, which Microsoft has been working to spread to PCs recently, but don't exist quite as easily as on a gaming console. Gaming consoles, and their feasibility for upgrading will be hard for the Xbox to meet. A PC can be upgraded to nicer hardware, gaming consoles just can't.

I guess it will be able to do more things, but i don't know if the 720 would let me work with word or excel. And if i want to watch movies or series, i think i will stick with my computer or a tablet.

A console will never replace a computer.. Because both have different purposes. But the new generation of consoles will become more social and you will be more connected with your friends.

Well, I only use my PC to play the awesome indie games that consoles don't get soooo... no. Plus I most likely won't even get the 720! But the PS4 wouldn't replace my PC. If Sony does push indie games into their systems even harder than they are right now, the Vita might replace my PC for indie games, though! I am still so friggin' hyped for Terraria, Hotline Miami and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on my Vita. Amazing games gone portable.

You can't replace a computer that can be used for so many things, with a console that can handle just one task at a time, and it's mainly for gaming. There's absolutely no reason to even consider that. :)

Well, no, but I also do a lot of retro gaming. As far as modern games go, it will momentarily. I can't keep up with spec demands on the PC as of yet, and one advantage of gaming consoles is that you're not constantly having to upgrade. I have to say, if I were more wealthy, I wouldn't choose any single platform at all; there's so much to offer that I only choose because of financial restraints.

You can't replace a computer that can be used for so many things, with a console that can handle just one task at a time, and it's mainly for gaming. There's absolutely no reason to even consider that. :)

Well, OBVIOUSLY. Thread is asking more along the lines of "Will the Xbox 720 replace your PC as your main gaming platform?" than "Will the Xbox 720 completely replace your PC?".

No way! If you mean in terms of gaming no way times 2. I still game on my computer sometimes. Not as much as I do on Xbox but close to that. I think having more gaming options makes for a better overall gaming experience.

I have a great gaming machine that I update frequently with the best hardware and software. Do you feel that the xbox 720 will replace computer gaming due to the demand of it and the graphical updates?

Not unless they become as easily upgrade-able as a desktop computer. Once you buy a console for the most part you're stuck with what they decided for specs, with a few minimal exceptions. Computers can always push the cutting edge of technology because you can just swap out a video card or a new processor, or an entire motherboard/chipset for the lateset greatest technology and be covered for any type of graphics or processing challenges that arise from cutting edge video games. If the 720 is anything like the 360 then there's not a chance it will replace my PC I promise :)

Almost shit my pants when I read this. No ones computer will be replaced, and consoles won't surpass PC. This isn't me saying they won't be as good as them, but they won't replace them.

I don't think anything will ever replace my computer. Consoles mean a lot to me and I spend a LOT of time on my 360, but nothing compares to a good computer in my opinion.

Overall nope. If it got features that I can do from my computer especially office work and is more comfortable then why not. But still it all depends.

Gaming maybe and temporary. For sure when its out and I have one, Ill be using it more than my PC but obviously I can upgrade my PC more and easily and theres no doubt Ill be on it a lot more again.

I never see consoles as replacing computer in my opinion. Right now, better graphics and frame rate can be achieved thorough a high spec. PC that trumps any console. A PC will always have a one up on consoles in terms of potential graphical output.

Definitely not. Even if Xbox 720 comes out with many different features, PC will still have an advantage.
Xbox 720 is just a gaming console. PC's are for general use including gaming.

At my current state, no. Right now, my computer has all of my needs contained in 1 machine and that's good enough for me. They keyboard is a big plus as well. Unless the new Xbox gets tremendous improvements, I can't really see it actually replacing my computer. I do have to give credit to Microsoft for trying to make the Xbox an "all-in-1" device, though.

Definitely not. Console gaming and PC gaming at this time are really different. There never has been any real direct competition between the Xbox and PC, whereas the PS3 and Xbox compete with each other venomously. The PC has its own market with different consumers. Though this may change completely in the next 10 or so years, right now the new Xbox won't be replacing my rig.

No, it won't replace a computer. The 360 wasn't even close to how powerful the PS3 was. I don't really think MS will do a huge update for the new Xbox. Probably more on the software side then hardware. I think they will improve the graphics capability, design, controller, and fans. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they just take the Apple route.

Back