Xbox One Will you buy The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

ragnafable11

I read something online about this game and they say that it is just similar to the movie. Well I have no issues with the game nor the previous Spiderman games. This will be released on 5/15/2014. Any thoughts about this?

probably borrow it from someone, i usually wait for a review in order to buy any game. If it gets great reviews then i'l grab the physical copy. If not then i'm i'll rent it from somewhere.

I think the game deserves a shot. Well that being said, you can always borrow it from someone before you buy it that way you can test it first if it is worth buying or not. I agree with PB7's post.

For me, getting this depends on what else is going to be released around then. I know TitanFall and Dying Light are March, Rayman is in Feb and I put them above this. So I guess getting SpiderMan depends on how much of them I finish.

For me, getting this depends on what else is going to be released around then. I know TitanFall and Dying Light are March, Rayman is in Feb and I put them above this. So I guess getting SpiderMan depends on how much of them I finish.

Definitely looking forward to Titan Fall and Dying Light. I can't wait to try the Ogre Titan. Well as for this game I'm still quite skeptical about since I'm not that much of a fan of games derived from movies. I get the feeling that most of the actions are predictable.

Hmmmm... rent for me. I'm not much of a fan for movie-based games. I've tried a lot of them but most of them sucked (with the exception of some that have content to them like The Warriors on the PSP). But seeing as how this movie-based game has its own standalone nature to it, I might try. But I don't expect to buy it yet until I rent and play.

I'm borrowing it from someone. I'm not sure if I'd like to play movie-based games. After my experience with that Batman Begins game, I just can't justify buying another one. Okay, so maybe the Spider-Man games in the PS2 were good but still, ugh, that Batman Begins game just sucked so bad. I just hope this one doesn't suck.

Definitely looking forward to Titan Fall and Dying Light. I can't wait to try the Ogre Titan. Well as for this game I'm still quite skeptical about since I'm not that much of a fan of games derived from movies. I get the feeling that most of the actions are predictable.

Same here. I don't know, I;'m more inclined for games that are not based from the movies. The Witcher, Titanfall, Dying Light... these games are original and standalone. But for something like Amazing Spider-Man... well, it's not really something I can go for.

This game is totally not on my radar. I'd rather go for games like what diamonback8 said, standalone games such as The Witcher, TitanFall (Absolutely) and Dying light. These games deserve more attention compared to Spiderman.

Spiderman like I said deserves a shot, we can't judge it unless you try it right? Thing is, I've tried a couple of games in the past that have superhero genre on them. They're not that boring as the other note it.

I won't buy it, I'll borrow it from a friend or something. It doesn't look that good.

I won't buy it, I'll borrow it from a friend or something. It doesn't look that good.

probably borrow it from someone, i usually wait for a review in order to buy any game. If it gets great reviews then i'l grab the physical copy. If not then i'm i'll rent it from somewhere.

I'll probably do the same thing.

Spiderman like I said deserves a shot, we can't judge it unless you try it right? Thing is, I've tried a couple of games in the past that have superhero genre on them. They're not that boring as the other note it.

I had the same attitude for the first Amazing Spider-Man game :p

Games based on movies tend to be wildly hit or miss. You might get some good ones like Spider-Man 2, Scarface, and The Warriors which were going to be good when you heard about it...then get the Batman movie games, Spider-Man 3, Superman Returns, The Godfather, etc. which varied greatly but never really hit "good"...maybe decent, maybe it sucked, etc.

I'm leaning more towards renting with this one. The last one I bought and while I wasn't disappointed with it, I was far from impressed.

Rent. You don't just go buying movie games...although I did buy Scarface: The World Is Yours and I'll most likely pick up Mad Max...because it's Mad F'N Max.

I'd rather just borrow it from someone who has it. Well, it's not like I'm a bit over my budget but man, Spiderman may be a good game but for me it's like a past time. Not something that I would play all day and be excited about.

Getting it from a friend works too. The Spider-Man games on a whole haven't been bad at all, they just range from decent enough to extremely good. There's no...consistency there that would say it's guaranteed to be worth picking up.

I'll most likely pick up Mad Max...because it's Mad F'N Max.

See that's my instinct when it comes to Mad Max or if there was an Arnold-as-Conan game. "Buy the game--IT'S MAD MAX!" I'm going to have to just sit and wait on more actual footage.

That's what I told my girlfriend when searching for a movie to send off for on Netflix. "Get that one! IT'S MAD MAX! C'MON!!" We always end up getting a comedy.

Did you try telling her it was essential that you get Mad Max and most of the comedies are same-y anyway now and days?

I'm not a major fan of video game-movie tie-in's. I think history has shown us that good games are not the rule that they are the exception. I want to be optomistic but you can't go against history and what it's shown us. I'll keep my eyes on it and hopefully we'll see good things but I'm trending on the side of pessimism.

Back