Will you buy The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' started by ragnafable11, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ragnafable11

ragnafable11 New Member

Just to be on the safer side, I'd want to see how this game turns out first before I get it.

2. spark_777

spark_777 New Member

Borrowing it or renting it. Unless the movie based game comes to the standard of the good ones like The Warriors, nah, I can't really go for it.

3. MetalSwift

MetalSwift New Member

Alabama
    Honestly, he should have Mad Max, Troma Films, the El Mariachi Trilogy, the Kickboxer series, the American Ninja series, the Death Wish series, Predator series, and the Terminator series all on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'd say VHS, but you crazy youngsters now and days need your discs and your digital.

4. marthyrocks

marthyrocks New Member

Well, I'd love to try the VHS but then the world has changed over the years so yes, a crazy youngster like me needs discs and digital versions 'cuz it's all I got. Maybe when I get enough cash and enough craziness, I'll look for the VHS. Till then, it's discs and digital for me.

5. malachite003

malachite003 New Member

Always, always rent if you can't wait for the full review from a reviewer that you trust. Like many people have said, the rule is that these are more often than not terrible or average at best. A truly excellent movie-tie in is very rare and I'm not getting the feeling that this will be one of the games that is held up as an example of what studios should do.

6. Dom0411

Dom0411 New Member

That list is way better than this game.

7. Outrun

Outrun New Member

That's bad when a movie list from the 80s to mid-90s is better than a game based on an upcoming movie.

8. StreetShark

StreetShark New Member

Florida
    You have to admit, that's a good list of movies compared to movie tie-in game.

9. ThunderSteel

ThunderSteel New Member

No doubt. I kind of feel I should have at least half of those but I just have all the Terminator series. But Amazing Spider-Man 2...it could be like Spider-Man 2 and turn out to be the good game in the movie tie in trilogy.

10. NuclearDragon

NuclearDragon New Member

I'll rent Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's not something I'd just pick up and not no doubts about buying.

11. Caillou

Caillou Moderator Staff Member

Iowa
    Clan:
    Administration
    Personally i am not, not that big of a spiderman man. :/

12. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

I changed my mind. I would probably just have this borrowed from someone or maybe rented. I'll save my money for other games that are coming out this year. I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls online, Titan Fall and Watchdogs to be out. I guess those titles deserve the money more than this now.

13. MetalSwift

MetalSwift New Member

Alabama
    If you can borrow it, that's great--not so much for someone who actually bought it, but at least you wouldn't have to drop money on renting it.

14. StreetShark

StreetShark New Member

Florida
    I have no friends who are gamers to the point of trying a variety of games (most play either Madden, NBA, or BF) so I can't borrow anything.

15. thecreed4life

thecreed4life New Member

Wow, you sure know your way around the world of the classics. Hahahaha. I'll keep your suggestions in mind in case I search around to watch something on Netflix or something.

16. NuclearDragon

NuclearDragon New Member

I liked that list as well, but I have very few of those in my collection. I would say what else do you suggest MetalSwift, but this isn't the thread lol

17. Fullmetalpanic009

Fullmetalpanic009 New Member

They should have those games on Xbox One back in action.

18. thedoodseven

thedoodseven New Member

Well, consensus is in: borrow or rent the game. Seems this game doesn't have enough awesomeness to be bought. We'll also just see the reviews and videos as they come along.

19. NuclearDragon

NuclearDragon New Member

Yeah the game could turn out being good, but tie-ins to a movie usually drop the ball so it's the safe option.

20. ThunderSteel

ThunderSteel New Member

You know what, I'm going to give The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game some hope and say that the game will get the Spider-Man 2 rub and be a game worth picking up.