Xbox One Will you get the new xbox as soon as it is released?

zuluguy

Just curious really what your opinions are about getting the new xbox when it is released.

If I have the spare money to throw around I do believe I will buy it as soon as possible but those chances are very unlikely! At the moment I just think I'm going to wait until it has been out a while and I'll get it when it decreases in price a little bit!

So how about you guys, what are you gonna do?

It's always a bad practice to get something new as something as it comes out. Yes, even when you have the money to throw it at anything. It's better to wait 1 month or 2 for this and see how it rolls, if it has any problems and, most important, if it has the games to support it from the beginning.

I will definitely not be getting this game as soon as possible, but will wait a while, probably a few years (I am obviously not too anxious about it) but depending on how they develop the features in it, I might get it sooner. I like Microsoft and hope they are able to produce a console worthy of the anticipation, even though they lie in the shadow of Sony's PS4 right now ;)

Yeah I think after these replies I will wait, I didn't take some of those factors into consideration! I guess if I do have the money when it comes out I'll put it to something more useful/I can benefit more from :p

To be honest I am more likely to get a PS4, just because I am really used to PlayStation and how their controllers feel. My sister will probably get an Xbox 720 when they are released, but not right away. She is more of a gamer than me though so she will probably get the console quicker than I will get a PS4. I'm really eager to see what the first batch of games will be for both consoles!

Not as soon as it's released. Probably like, a month later or something. Most people who buy them don't plan to use them anyways. They will flip them for twice as much if they can. Or they'll buy two and sell one overpriced. Or have a hook up where a friend can sneak one out of inventory for them.

Oh Dubs420 thats true, I wonder what the first games will be too! Hopefully they are some good ones. I remember when I got the 360 my first games were Dead or alive 4 and one of the Midtown Madness games haha.

HickJ that makes sense too, I had a friend who bought an iphone 5 like day of the release and sold it for £800 or 900 can't quite remember which one but I know it was as high as that!

There's a thread that's very similar to this one already... as for the question, I've said already in that other thread that I will wait a year or two before getting a next-gen console.

I think it's usually a better idea to wait for a second gen model to come out, see how reliable the first system is, and maybe the price will drop, or you will just decide to get the second gen.

I am an Xbox fan, but I will wait and see how Sony and Microsoft fight for the top spot on their next releases. I think it's going to be a good one!

However, Microsoft has to come up with something awesome because the PS4 sounds promising. I won't grab none until I know the pros and cons of each console. They both have gone through some updates, bug and technical fixes in the past so it's not a good idea to grab it fast.

If the price is correct that I have seen and also the time of release is correct I doubt I will be getting it on release this time. They are saying it's going to cost around £325 and will be released in November which if that is the case I will not be able to afford it so close to the festive season. I also feel that maybe waiting either way would be a better idea due to the problems they had at first with the Xbox 360 just to see if they have any problems with these after release that I can avoid not buying so early.

Just curious really what your opinions are about getting the new xbox when it is released.

If I have the spare money to throw around I do believe I will buy it as soon as possible but those chances are very unlikely! At the moment I just think I'm going to wait until it has been out a while and I'll get it when it decreases in price a little bit!

So how about you guys, what are you gonna do?
I haven't looked into the pricing but it depends on how much they are retailing at right at release. Normally they're all already bought up by people looking to making a profit reselling them when the supply is low. I won' tbe pre-ordering for any ridiculous amount, but if it's somewhat "reasonable" i'll probably pick one up.

First day? Probably not, I will wait it out for the inevitable price drop. Plus it's hard to make a decision like this without some real knowledge of what it's going to be doing. It sounds like it could have cable integration, sounds nice but is there a charge/upcharge for that feature? Will it finally play Blu-rays? If they keep it at a reasonable price point I think I may eventually get one. Unless Sony does something miraculous to sway me in that direction (not looking like it). Considering all of the crazy that happens when a new console releases, it isn't such a bad thing to wait it out.

Not to mention launch games are notorious for being so-so. I know there is a slew of good games making it to the new xbox, but is it at launch or down the road a bit?

No way! I'm going to wait and find a special offer, to buy it at a decent price. I expect the first month to be at crazy prices for xbox and playstation, because everybody will want the new consoles, so prices will skyrocket.

Most definitely not. Even if I have enough money to spend on it, I will have to wait a while to see if it has frequent technical issues. The 360 is a nice machine, but I had many awful experiences with it, and I won't buy its successor if it even has half as many issues.

Nope. I will wait until reviews, more games etc. come out for the Xbox 720 before purchasing it. I believe the price will drop a fair bit if you wait a month or so.

That's always the plan -getting the new x box as soon as it is released- but most of the times things come into play that don't allow you to purchase a new console immediately it hits the market.

That's always the plan -getting the new x box as soon as it is released- but most of the times things come into play that don't allow you to purchase a new console immediately it hits the market.

That's what backup plans are for man. As long as you have a Plan B, C, and even D. Then a fail-safe after that. You can't lose!;)

I honestly do not plan on purchasing the new Xbox. I am perfectly content with my Xbox 360, and find it to be the best system currently in existence. The graphics are astounding, the layout is great, and I love the feel of the controllers. Besides, I heard that the new Xbox is supposed to be centered on home entertainment, like movies and music, rather than hardcore gaming. Another circulating rumor is that the new system will not be able to read used games. If that is the case, I most definitely will not purchase the system as that is a ridiculous addition and is a scam to its owners.

Probably not, planning on spending the money on upgrading my pc.

Back