Xbox 360 Xbox 360 getting This Disc is unreadable error

I will be contacting the person i purchased the laser from telling them it didn't work, although i am thinking it is something different since it is brand new but anything is worth a try, although the game did play when i first put the laser in so i am not sure why it is not now.

I just bought a new game and it is not the game, i have tried that before and none of those worked, so i am thinking it is just the laser, so i will try to buy a new laser and see if that doesn't work. if that doesn't work then buying a new xbox may be the best choice

After some more examining, i realized that the laser is hardly moving up and down, it is having a hard time moving up and down, the motor is working fine but it makes sort of a growling sound and the laser hardly moves

It turned out to be the laser arm, i replaced the spring in it and it plays games like a champ, thanks everyone!

It turned out to be the laser arm, i replaced the spring in it and it plays games like a champ, thanks everyone!

Oh that's really interesting it was not actually the laser itself. Well, good job getting it fixed again!

tip the xbox on its side, put the disc in, and tap the top (side) repeatedly while it starts to spin. Don't do it too lightly. it sometimes works.

Sometimes when the game is doing that I have to put in another disc and try that. Then again it may actually be the disc you are using. You can also try this other trick I do, when I put a game in the tray and try to start the system up. I try to have the system on automatic start up to see if it will play the game by itself.

Back