Xbox One Xbox 720 Won't Play Used Games?

I had not heard about this rumor. I need this to solely be a rumor. I can tell you one thing, if they do implement this into the new system, that will cancel any chance of me buying a new system. I predominantly buy used games just for the fact that new games are grossly overpriced for the completeness or value of the games that are being released. If all the big players conform, there goes gaming for me; back to being active outside of using a controller lol! I think that is a lot of loss revenue. Even if publishers and the big three do not make money off the initial sale of the used games, they cut out the possibility of selling DLC to the 'new' customer.

I am sure I am not the only 'casual' gamer that would not commit to paying for all new games in the current state of gaming.

I imagine millions of people share your sentiment sir. It's flat out unreasonable, not to mention wasteful for them to manufacture so many extra discs with the expectation of forced sales. And if the system isn't backwards compatible they'd leave a lot of people stuck on the old system.

IT has NO sense at all! I don't understand what's the difference between an used PES and a new one. They're both produced by the same company.. If I bought the game why shouldn't i give it to my friend and we can both have a great time?

Like I said before, if a console doesn't accept used games it will cause MAJOR uproar. Even if all 3 big gaming companies do it, there will still be a massive uproar and it will hurt them severely. Also, considering shops such as Gamestop revolve around buying and selling pre-owned games, this decision would be met with heavy resistance by them.

IT has NO sense at all! I don't understand what's the difference between an used PES and a new one. They're both produced by the same company.. If I bought the game why shouldn't i give it to my friend and we can both have a great time?

As a company, what do you think it's best, two sold copies or one? It seems ridiculous how can someone do this, but when speaking about large numbers, there will be a large difference. Yeah, it seems unthinkable to do something like that, but companies are getting desperate for money in a market that is so dangerous.

Back