Xbox One Xbox going to be tracked as "TV" now

Not surprising, but still an interesting read. Add this in with the fact the Kinect will always be listening/watching and you are bound to have some complaints from those concerned with their privacy being exploited.

As far as TV programs are concerned this is probably welcome news. Odds are the numbers might change quite a bit once we start adding in all of these non-traditional means of following shows. Still, I can't help but think it's a bit unsettling to let a company have total access to everything you do in your living room. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but it definitely raises lots of questions.

No PS3! lol. That shows how superior the Xbox is compare to the PS3! But it's actually true that a lot of people uses their consoles for watching video streams and netflix. Some people I knew even cancelled their cable subscription because they already have netflix.

Edit: I forgot PS3 also have Netflix, I don't use netflix in my PS3 so I totally forgot. My bad, lol

Yes ps3 has Netflix. And even better, you don't have to pay a monthly gold fee to use it either. And "That shows how superior the Xbox is compare to the PS3!". not really. That goes to show the PS4 will be more dedicated to gaming not used as a useless tv box.

I love xbox and always been a fan of them. But I am starting to get a little ticked on how much microsoft is turning their gaming system into a hunk bulk tv box. Shame really. They just keep adding useless features that gamers don't even need.

Yes ps3 has Netflix. And even better, you don't have to pay a monthly gold fee to use it either. And "That shows how superior the Xbox is compare to the PS3!". not really. That goes to show the PS4 will be more dedicated to gaming not used as a useless tv box.

I love xbox and always been a fan of them. But I am starting to get a little ticked on how much microsoft is turning their gaming system into a hunk bulk tv box. Shame really. They just keep adding useless features that gamers don't even need.

I can't wait to laugh at all PS3 fanboys who are arguing about Xbox's idea of adding support for cable when PlayStation 4 announces at E3 that they'll be doing the same. That would be quite hilarious, but probably won't happen. You said useless though and I have to disagree. I will probably use it quite a bit now as it wouldn't require me to search my room for my remote every time I want to A. watch tv or B. change the input channel for the game.

They never said it was a "Gaming System". In fact, Xbox has said that the Xbox One is an All-in-One Entertainment System. It will include games and what you do on Xbox 360 now, but it is not dedicated to Games and the Microsoft team has multiple teams working on different parts of the Xbox One console. They will not forget about games or work more on other projects than the gaming side. Gaming is what made the Xbox and will continue to support it for years to come.

Its just a TV addition like the Netflix app, not a big deal people.

Back