Xbox One Xbox One is the only console on the Toys 'R' Us 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List.

StingerNLG

From
Abingdon, MD.
Website
www.tommytallarico.com
Not only does it beat out the Playstation 4, but interestingly enough the Nintendo Wii-U as well!

It's not a small deal.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/xbox-one-toys-r-us-holiday

XboxOne_ToysRUs.jpg

I can believe that. They are in need of something that will keep them as a vital retailer and they went with one that they think can do that. It's amazing what Toys R Us has been, I don't want to say, "reduced" to, but when I was a kid, the only place you could get your consoles and games was at Toys R Us. Fortunately for most parents they kept them at the front of the stores so mothers didn't have to keep their kids away from the other toys and wives didn't have to keep their husband away from LEGO sets.

That will make the shareholders at Redmond happy. Positive news like this will help Xbox one gain more momentum lost early on. It's going to be an interesting holiday season.

I think thats a little bit outrageous. Xbox doesnt really have a ton of kid friendly games and the Xbox One will be way higher tech than the 360 was but you didnt see that on their shelves? Its like putting a computer store inside of Toys R Us xD I also hope that Xbox doesnt get bad publicity for agreeing with this since critics like to think video games can cause violent thoughts/actions in kids and Toys R Us sells to kids from 5-10 usually.

LOL. Where I grew up, we had to order them by mail...

We had to order them by carrier pigeons and pick them up from the nearest town which was 140 miles away. And we couldn't drive because all the gasoline was taken up by the coal mines we worked in to get the money to order. And we had to walk up 40 degree inclines going both ways through four feet of snow while carrying 60 lb bags of mail so the other shanty town children could hope for a Christmas visit from Santa... also so we had something to beat the wolves back with besides the purity within our little hearts. Because that's how it was back in the good old days where gamers never saw daylight, and hipsters were not a thing.

I am so down for that Crazy Cart, man, you don't even know. That kid looks so happy riding it.

I have to wonder what compelled them to "choose" the XB1 over the more youth-friendly WiiU for their "Holiday Hot Toy List". I guess it has a lot to do with the release date being so close to Christmas.

I am so down for that Crazy Cart, man, you don't even know. That kid looks so happy riding it.

I have to wonder what compelled them to "choose" the XB1 over the more youth-friendly WiiU for their "Holiday Hot Toy List". I guess it has a lot to do with the release date being so close to Christmas.

I was gonna buy one, but then there is a 110 LB. weight limit......

I don't know what this is. Please help me understand this.

WiiU may be considered more "kid friendly" but they aren't that friendly to the profit margin. All of these companies are businesses, for profit businesses. They need to move the units that will move and Toys R Us needs to still be seen as a viable place for consoles and games.

Also, to the question as to why they would market the One, they've always had video games and consoles, why would they stop now? The console isn't "adult," some games are.

So then the Xbox One is going to be sold to little kids who are going to be playing non-friendly kid games? Of course there will be some but I think that most of the games are violent for little kids. But it could be good as the Xbox One is turning into an entertainment hub so maybe their market will be streaming TV shows. Just good news for Microsoft.

Why is everyone acting like Toys R us has never sold video games before? They used be one of the only ways to buy them in the past. Besides parents will be buying consoles for older "children" as well.

Why is everyone acting like Toys R us has never sold video games before? They used be one of the only ways to buy them in the past. Besides parents will be buying consoles for older "children" as well.

Exactly. This has been a long time staple of the merchandising of Toys R Us and even if it weren't, and suddenly Toys R Us is selling this "adult" console to little kids, it's not like there aren't games that those little kids could be playing on it.

I think thats a little bit outrageous. Xbox doesnt really have a ton of kid friendly games and the Xbox One will be way higher tech than the 360 was but you didnt see that on their shelves? Its like putting a computer store inside of Toys R Us xD I also hope that Xbox doesnt get bad publicity for agreeing with this since critics like to think video games can cause violent thoughts/actions in kids and Toys R Us sells to kids from 5-10 usually.

Zoo Tycoon
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Just Dance 2014
Madden 25
Fifa 14
Skylanders
Forza Motorsports 5
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf

That's just launch titles off the top of my list that aren't violent games that are kid friendly. And that doesn't include stuff coming out in the next year like Fantasia, Project Spark, Minecraft, Kinect Sports: Rivals.

And not to mention that Microsoft Game Studios has internal studios like Good Science Studio (Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs), Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment, and Playful Learning who are working on next-gen titles. Of course we know Rare is mostly family friendly as well.

I'm not sure where you are getting this sentiment from that the Xbox brand is all violent games and nothing kid-friendly. That's just not true at all.

I was gonna buy one, but then there is a 110 LB. weight limit......

That has never stopped anybody... unfortunately. But then again if it did - where would we get our hilarious gifs and YouTube wipeout videos? Also need something to do when I'm not tied to the nearest console.

Ha-ha. Microsoft must have paid Toys R Us to do this. And some parents and aunts/uncles are dumb enough to fall for this shenanigan and not even consider the other consoles. Oh well, I also favor xbox over playstation and nintendo products. Carry on.

Back