Xbox One Xbox One is the only console on the Toys 'R' Us 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List.

Huh I guess Toys R Us had to choose one corporation to sponsor and I guess they chose Microsoft. Not like this is coming to that big of a surprise to me but good for Microsoft, maybe this will help their sales a little more!

When is marketing considered shenanigans?

You are assuming that Microsoft paid Toys R Us to perform this stunt. If so, then yes, that is a form of marketing. And I find marketing to be pathetic. If an advertisement sways you to purchase a product you are pretty stupid. I'm happy to say that I've never "fallen" for an advertisement in my life. I can make up my own mind without an onslaught of brainwashing, thank you.

You are assuming that Microsoft paid Toys R Us to perform this stunt. If so, then yes, that is a form of marketing. And I find marketing to be pathetic. If an advertisement sways you to purchase a product you are pretty stupid. I'm happy to say that I've never "fallen" for an advertisement in my life. I can make up my own mind without an onslaught of brainwashing, thank you.

Wow. Not only are you insulting a whole country full of people, since you know not everyone knows that these consoles are coming out and even what they can do, but claiming that marketing is pathetic really shows you don't know how business works. I'm just going to leave this like that.

Well that is certainly strange, did Microsoft really bought them out and maybe ask for exclusivity for themselves? Seeing how they roll i would believe that it is pretty possible.

Well that is certainly strange, did Microsoft really bought them out and maybe ask for exclusivity for themselves? Seeing how they roll i would believe that it is pretty possible.

Or.......TRU sees the Xbox One as the more family friendly console. Out of the two, I think it's fair to say between the Kinect and the games I mentioned above that it's a reasonable conclusion.

No offense, but that is some broken logic. Marketing is not pathetic it's essential, calling it pathetic may be due to a lack of understanding as to how it works. You say we are assume microsft paid them, but your previous comment was:

Ha-ha. Microsoft must have paid Toys R Us to do this. And some parents and aunts/uncles are dumb enough to fall for this shenanigan and not even consider the other consoles. Oh well, I also favor xbox over playstation and nintendo products. Carry on.

so clearly, you think so too. You say you haven't "fallen" for advertising due to your superior intelligence, but that is not true. Marketing is also the communication of information. If you have read information online or on the box of a product, or researched a product prior to buying then you have indeed been a victim or marketing. If you listened to E3, or the XB1 reveal before choosing a console, then surprise that was marketing. If a commercial, magazine, or website has informed you about a product just enough for you to want to further research the product prior to deciding to purchase it or not, then you have been a victim or marketing. If you ever bought an item simply because you like the manufacturer, again marketing! To say you have never listened to marketing is both naive and arrogant. To call everyone stupid for listening to marketing is...well....not very bright to be honest.

This is pretty interesting considering that the Wii-U is more of the family-friendly console. It is true that the features will appeal to all ages and there will be games to appeal to all ages, I was just slightly surprised. It probably made the most sense money-wise for TRU and XB1 to go this route.

It's not too strange I guess... I mean there is the new Monopoly game where you have "Top" brands and Xbox is one of these brands but not Nintendo or Sony... so I guess within the West Xbox is serious business or something. Still you'd think if this were just a matter of logic that Sony at least would be in there if not Nintendo. Maybe Toy R Us only carries Microsoft? Or... maybe they assume people are only really familiar with the Xbox and are hoping that even if parents don't get the Xbone they'll settle for the cheaper PS4 or WiiU? That could be it. Wal-Mart and others do the same thing all the time.

No offense, but that is some broken logic. Marketing is not pathetic it's essential, calling it pathetic may be due to a lack of understanding as to how it works. You say we are assume microsft paid them, but your previous comment was:

so clearly, you think so too. You say you haven't "fallen" for advertising due to your superior intelligence, but that is not true. Marketing is also the communication of information. If you have read information online or on the box of a product, or researched a product prior to buying then you have indeed been a victim or marketing. If you listened to E3, or the XB1 reveal before choosing a console, then surprise that was marketing. If a commercial, magazine, or website has informed you about a product just enough for you to want to further research the product prior to deciding to purchase it or not, then you have been a victim or marketing. If you ever bought an item simply because you like the manufacturer, again marketing! To say you have never listened to marketing is both naive and arrogant. To call everyone stupid for listening to marketing is...well....not very bright to be honest.

Exactly. How would anyone know anything about anything if there were no marketing. Are we just supposed to wander into stores, who by the way, marketed themselves as a store that you'd want to go in, but are we supposed to just wander the streets hoping to find something to buy?

Wow. Not only are you insulting a whole country full of people, since you know not everyone knows that these consoles are coming out and even what they can do, but claiming that marketing is pathetic really shows you don't know how business works. I'm just going to leave this like that.

Marketing only works because some people turn on the idiot box with a willingness to be brainwashed. I never signed up for the capitalist brainwash camp. I make up my own mind about what I am going to purchase. There's a reason why a lot of smart people don't watch tv. There's a reason why smart people who do watch tv tend to dvr their favorite programs. It's to avoid the commercials. If you let a commercial convince you to buy a product, chances are you are a moron.

Marketing only works because some people turn on the idiot box with a willingness to be brainwashed. I never signed up for the capitalist brainwash camp. I make up my own mind about what I am going to purchase. There's a reason why a lot of smart people don't watch tv. There's a reason why smart people who do watch tv tend to dvr their favorite programs. It's to avoid the commercials. If you let a commercial convince you to buy a product, chances are you are a moron.

Um I've read most of your post and they are as ignorant as they come. No offense, I just passionately disagree with ill-placed broken logic especially when it is used to insult countless others in a true display of arrogance. To disagree with a view is one thing, and it is encouraged in a place like a forum. Its your right and a privilege, but to express an opinion so devoid of any foundation and so uneducated and ill-informed in the very subject in which it tries to lecture is by far more absent minded than anything you refer to as "moronic".

Man, can I become a moderator? I'd like to be able to cut to the chase too?

Control your emotions. This is merely a forum. I'm sorry for you if you fall prey to advertising.

Back