Xbox One Xbox One Release Date To Be November 22, 2013

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
IGN and various other sources are announcing the following:

Microsoft has announced the Xbox One will be available on November 22 in 13 territories, including North America and the UK.

The full list of territories that will be getting the console on this date consists of Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and the USA.

In addition, Xbox marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi has confirmed that an additional number of Xbox One Day One Editions have been made available for pre-order, meaning if you're a European looking to score a free copy of FIFA 14 you still can.

Mehdi also reiterated what we heard yesterday; that the console’s CPU has been boosted from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz.

Fun fact: this is the same day that the Xbox 360 launched in North America back in 2005.

I won't lie, I am slightly disappointed since I was hoping for a November 8th release date. The earlier the better right? Besides I think releasing after Playstation is suicide considering all the good press they've had. I am surprised by their decision, but I'm sure they have their reasons. What do you guys think?

Source: IGN

I'm a little surprised as well. I doubt that it's really going to hurt sales though, as people that are planning on getting the Xbox aren't going to suddenly decide to get a PS4 instead because it comes out a week earlier. At least they're crazy if they do, based on one weeks difference in release dates.

Not far behind the PS4 at all. How crazy would that have been if they launched on the same day/

I know this isn't a popular thought, but consider what was also said today:

Xbox One pre-orders have entered Microsoft history books, the firm has announced - according to vice-president of marketing, strategy and business Yusuf Mehdi, the firm has "sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever".
News: Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Day One Editions made available - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

It very well could be that despite all the internet talk of low yields and no one pre-ordering the console because "F Microsoft!" and "$100 more" and "Kinect sucks", that it hasn't been the case since they made the DRM changes to the system. Perhaps pre-orders are right where they wanted them to be and things are on track to be big for them. If they are going to sell out of their pre-orders anyway, what's the big deal in releasing a week later? It's not like there will be any on shelves for sale if that is the case.

I know this isn't a popular thought, but consider what was also said today:

News: Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Day One Editions made available - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

It very well could be that despite all the internet talk of low yields and no one pre-ordering the console because "F Microsoft!" and "$100 more" and "Kinect sucks", that it hasn't been the case since they made the DRM changes to the system. Perhaps pre-orders are right where they wanted them to be and things are on track to be big for them. If they are going to sell out of their pre-orders anyway, what's the big deal in releasing a week later? It's not like there will be any on shelves for sale if that is the case.

VERY well said there Stinger! AND LOOK!!! ALREADY!!! From Major Nelson!!

The first pallet of #XboxOne prepped and ready to start the journey to retailers for November 22nd

x1.JPGx2.jpg

MINE IS IN THERE!!!!!!

I think once the line at midnight is actually moving and I see the people ahead of me leaving with it, then reality will smack me in the face with excitement.

Shoot son, you better be there 1st!!! represent the forums!!!

You guys are going to hate me for at least a week. I'm getting a day-one edition, but won't be hooking it up until the night before Thanksgiving (which is the first night of Hanukkah). It's going to be a family gift I'm letting my son open. :)

You guys are going to hate me for at least a week. I'm getting a day-one edition, but won't be hooking it up until the night before Thanksgiving (which is the first night of Hanukkah). It's going to be a family gift I'm letting my son open. :)

Oh yeah I remember you saying that awhile back. Its cool. Bet i will wager you will open it up before lol. There is NO way you are going to let it sit there...and stare at you lol

You are a better man than I...lol...the temptation would get the better of me.

I'm so ready for this. I'm asking for only new games for Christmas so that I can get stocked up with all of the new releases for the XBox One. That will make my year, for sure.

I'm so ready for this. I'm asking for only new games for Christmas so that I can get stocked up with all of the new releases for the XBox One. That will make my year, for sure.

IU think it would make everyones year lol

Oh yeah I remember you saying that awhile back. Its cool. Bet i will wager you will open it up before lol. There is NO way you are going to let it sit there...and stare at you lol

I will not lie, the willpower may be too much. However what I MIGHT do is take a night after Jacob goes to bed, get it setup, get at least Zoo Tycoon downloaded (that's the game he really wants), and then rebox it and wrap it so it's very ready to go when it's opened.

Back