Xbox One Xbox One Release Date To Be November 22, 2013

I will not lie, the willpower may be too much. However what I MIGHT do is take a night after Jacob goes to bed, get it setup, get at least Zoo Tycoon downloaded (that's the game he really wants), and then rebox it and wrap it so it's very ready to go when it's opened.

Or just hook it up and download the zoo game and play it
then when he wakes up say SURPRISE!!! I even have it hooked up for u!!! lol

Or just hook it up and download the zoo game and play it
then when he wakes up say SURPRISE!!! I even have it hooked up for u!!! lol

Not exactly winning Dad of the year but sounds good!

I don't think it's very savvy of them to release it so soon after the PS4. There are lots of uncommitted people in the next gen console war, and I think many of them will go with PS4 just for the fact alone that they can get it earlier. At least they got their date in before Christmas.

they said late november from the start yes we all wanted an early release...
like i have said for months it would be 2/3rd week... it would never launch around black friday and would never launch with major game cod(as much as it sounded good) it just dosnt fit in how retail works.

I don't think it's very savvy of them to release it so soon after the PS4. There are lots of uncommitted people in the next gen console war, and I think many of them will go with PS4 just for the fact alone that they can get it earlier. At least they got their date in before Christmas.

We are talking about a week here. And aren't all the pre-orders spoken for? So what shelf stock is there going to be?

Not to mention if you are buying an Xbox One for its games, you aren't buying a PS4 just because it is out a week earlier.

We are talking about a week here. And aren't all the pre-orders spoken for? So what shelf stock is there going to be?

Not to mention if you are buying an Xbox One for its games, you aren't buying a PS4 just because it is out a week earlier.

Agreed. I was just thinking about the preorders, too. Launch allotments are all reserved sales so the release date would make no difference at this point.

And now Forza 5, which ever your fancy lol. But Stinger you are right. Your gettign a console for games, not a week early release date lol

The release date is predictable, although I thought it would be earlier. The only real comment I have on it is that it might lose the Xbox One some sales on games that come out before it, like Call of Duty and Battlefield and such. The longer people have to wait while a game is already out, the more likely it is that they'll buy it for whatever console they already have.

In fairness they pay a lot more for the console than we do too due to currency exchange.

i keep getting lost with the whole currency exchange stuff. yes i am aware of how the exchance rate fluctuates i use to import jdm parts from japan(as chechea as it sounds)

microsoft moved to a live system where its not points but based on the currency of its location.. europe,north america,japan, you get the idea. why cant the console pricing work on same principal.???

right now the euro exchange rate is 500.00 USD = 381.143 EUR why cant they price the console according. its really not that hard... i mean the store itself is based on the currency of its reigon.

The release date is predictable, although I thought it would be earlier. The only real comment I have on it is that it might lose the Xbox One some sales on games that come out before it, like Call of Duty and Battlefield and such. The longer people have to wait while a game is already out, the more likely it is that they'll buy it for whatever console they already have.

Well thats what the $9.99 trade in program is for. Trade any current gen game that release before launch for the Xbox One version for only $9.99

I am surprised they didn't drag it out to come out closer to Christmas, as is usually the norm. Maybe this "earlier" release is so that people have time to acquire them well before Christmas. Or, maybe they are worried that people won't have any money left to buy them if they wait until too close to Christmas.

I am surprised they didn't drag it out to come out closer to Christmas, as is usually the norm. Maybe this "earlier" release is so that people have time to acquire them well before Christmas. Or, maybe they are worried that people won't have any money left to buy them if they wait until too close to Christmas.

No company would ever miss Black Firday since it would be suicide. The usual has always been November at the latest. As a matter of fact the 360 launched on November 22, 2005. So it will be 8 years to the date.

Well thats what the $9.99 trade in program is for. Trade any current gen game that release before launch for the Xbox One version for only $9.99

I can't really see many people going for that, either. I mean, it seems like kind of a hassle to buy a current-gen game, play it for a couple weeks, and then trade it in and pay an extra ten dollars to basically start over.

Back