Xbox One Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 - Opinions

@pwarbi that's how come I find it strange that Microsoft would announce that it's developing the most powerful console of all time so far away from it's launch date. It gives plenty of time for Sony to come up with something to go against it.

That's always going to be the case though and when you have two competitors that are challenging each other like these are then they are always going to be trying to get a jump on the opposition. Microsoft will release a console that is the most powerful in the world, then Sony will come back with their model to out-do it and that I guess is the way it's always going to be.

@pwarbi that's how come I find it strange that Microsoft would announce that it's developing the most powerful console of all time so far away from it's launch date. It gives plenty of time for Sony to come up with something to go against it.

I think part of the reason Microsoft made the announcement now was for the fans. So there wouldn't be hard feelings from fans who rushed out and bought the Xone S this year only to have Scorpio hit next year. This way you have all the information and can make a proper decision.

Well I would like to think that @Dizzy Squirrel is right above when he says that it is all about the fans, but unfortunately my cynicism knows no bounds when it comes to the motivations of private companies, and public too now that I think about it. I usually think that if you follow the money you can find most of the answers, so I am betting that this is the decision that made the most sense financially.

After M/S totally screwed the pooch during the Xone launch they have a new found appreciation for public relations.

I think part of the reason Microsoft made the announcement now was for the fans. So there wouldn't be hard feelings from fans who rushed out and bought the Xone S this year only to have Scorpio hit next year. This way you have all the information and can make a proper decision.
I think that you are right. It's not normal that they launch two consoles in such close succession to one another.

Back