Xbox One Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 - Opinions

MS seems ahead of the curve with their technology but I have to say that I would be more comfortable with PS4. I agree with MurdermiesteR about the console, its the most practical thing for me to have at this point and I am a Sony fan.

I have ps3 still I love everything the Xbox one reason 1 my girl bought it for me and reason 2 playing game and watching tv? It would be much better if you can go half on half screen I will die happy after that.

I've not one XB1 - but TWO. (looking to add a 3rd)

I understand what's under the hood and the XDK that's coming. It also does things that the rest of my family uses as well.

Incredible, A reversal of console power basically, now the PS4 is more powerful.. I'm still pretty disappointed in them though.. They were bad when they came out..

Man! Been a while since I've been on these forums. I recently was able to try out both the Xbox ONE and the Playstation 4 in my household, so I figure I'll give my 2 cents on the matter. I really enjoyed both consoles, but each one had their own little thing I did or didn't like. I guess I'll break them down now.

I enjoyed the Xbox ONE's controller and honestly really enjoyed how it uses that snap feature to run apps side by side. So while I'm gaming, I can still browse the entire thing of the ONE and set up parties, or skype, or other things like that. However, that's also something I didn't like. The ONE feels far to social for my tastes, with the media sharing, the netflix, facebook, so on and all the other apps. I'm not into that, so it was a bit of a nuisance. When I get a console, it's to game and game alone, not do things my computer already takes care of. As for the games, I didn't really bother to much with this since almost ALL of them are on their competitor console as well. Though I'll admit Risen was a pretty game, albeit a bit short.

As for the Playstation 4, I loved how it's entirely focused around gaming. Sure it has twitch and sharing as well, but it's more focused on actual streaming and recording, not uploading screenshots to facebook for all my codbros to see. The PlayStation 4 also seemed to run quite faster then the ONE and was incredibly smaller/sleeker. Though the controller felt a bit wonky in my hands and they tried emulating the 360 controller more this time around, switching the game profiles from L1/R1 to L2/R2 for shooting and aiming on most games.

A big deciding factor though was really the fact that the Xbox ONE has the skype codec for it's party chat now which is HEAPS better then what's on the PS4. The mic quality is stupid good and really makes a difference.

Man! Been a while since I've been on these forums. I recently was able to try out both the Xbox ONE and the Playstation 4 in my household, so I figure I'll give my 2 cents on the matter. I really enjoyed both consoles, but each one had their own little thing I did or didn't like. I guess I'll break them down now.

I enjoyed the Xbox ONE's controller and honestly really enjoyed how it uses that snap feature to run apps side by side. So while I'm gaming, I can still browse the entire thing of the ONE and set up parties, or skype, or other things like that. However, that's also something I didn't like. The ONE feels far to social for my tastes, with the media sharing, the netflix, facebook, so on and all the other apps. I'm not into that, so it was a bit of a nuisance. When I get a console, it's to game and game alone, not do things my computer already takes care of. As for the games, I didn't really bother to much with this since almost ALL of them are on their competitor console as well. Though I'll admit Risen was a pretty game, albeit a bit short.

As for the Playstation 4, I loved how it's entirely focused around gaming. Sure it has twitch and sharing as well, but it's more focused on actual streaming and recording, not uploading screenshots to facebook for all my codbros to see. The PlayStation 4 also seemed to run quite faster then the ONE and was incredibly smaller/sleeker. Though the controller felt a bit wonky in my hands and they tried emulating the 360 controller more this time around, switching the game profiles from L1/R1 to L2/R2 for shooting and aiming on most games.

A big deciding factor though was really the fact that the Xbox ONE has the skype codec for it's party chat now which is HEAPS better then what's on the PS4. The mic quality is stupid good and really makes a difference.
Good mini review now what would be the outcome what would you use as your daily gaming system I have both systems but my ps4 was off for about 3 months now since I don't play it that much I love the Xbox one especially the watch TV side by gaming I can't live without it.

I've played both for hours, prefer my XB1. Both interfaces are kinda ugly IMHO.

The XB1 controller seems more formed to my hands, more comfortable.
The XB1 controller has a user replaceable battery, which I prefer for many reasons - a side effect is being 'greener' meaning it's only a battery I need to toss out or a controller, when one or the other wears out or needs replaced.

The PS4 controller has a few nice 'touches' (pun intended) like the touch pad and built in speaker.
The PS4 controller has a built in battery and once the battery wears out, the entire controller needs replaced - both expensive and not very 'friendly' with waste.

The XB1 is a bigger unit, but as long as it doesn't over heat like the previous gen for both PS3 and XB360 did, then that's fine.
The PS4 is a smaller unit, and in hand with my comment on the line above this, is I do hope it doesn't over heat.

The XB1 and PS4 both have not a lot of games in their catalogs, but that'll be fixed with time.

The price points on both are same/similar.

The XB1 has more regular and IMHO more meaningful updates to the system.
The PS4 has updates, though not as often, nor meaningful IMHO.

To me, there is no war, other than a sales war. If somebody buys a console, based upon peer pressure or what the media says, instead of how it fits into their needs/wants for gaming, then they've made the wrong choice. Not as in another condemning someone else for their choice, but if a customer buys a unit for anything other than what they will enjoy and use, is just a travesty.

In whatever your choice may be, enjoy what you have, game on and don't hate on anyone for their choice. If the console mfgs want a war, let them fight it and leave the gamers to do what we do best, game and enjoy those games.

I now, as of yesterday, own both systems and will post some thoughts next week after I have played a bunch of games.

Васkwаrds соmраtіbіlіtу dоеsn't bоthеr mе. Νеvеr hаs.

Рауіng fоr usеd gаmеs - stіll wаіtіng fоr full dеtаіls оn thаt - but уеаh, thаt wоuld рut mе оff thе оnе. Νоt bесаusе І buу usеd gаmеs, І dоn't. Вut І dо buу а hеll оf а lоt оf nеw rеlеаsеs аnd usuаllу trаdе thеm іn wіthіn а mоnth - аnd thеrеfоrе іf usеd gаmеs sаlеs аrе аffесtеd - thеу wоuld аlsо іmрасt trаdе іn рrісіng tоо.

Вlасk Орs 2 - соuldn't gіvе а hооt. Рlауеd sіnglе рlауеr аnd іt wаs аll mеh! аnd І rаrеlу іf еvеr рlау multі-рlауеr gаmеs

Rе: ТV іntеgrаtіоn. Lіkеwіsе thе соnсеntrаtіоn оn mеdіа соntеnt оn Хbох Оnе іs grеаt іf уоur іn а соuntrу wіth ассеss tо thаt аnd fаst brоаdbаnd, оthеrwіsе mеh! І dоn't sее hоw rоutіng еvеrуthіng thrоugh mу хbох оnе wоuld sаvе mе thаt muсh оf tіmе thаt рrеssіng іnрut оn mу ТV rеmоtе.

Тhеrе wаs асtuаllу nоthіng tаngіblе аt thе Місrоsоft соnfеrеnсе tо реrsuаdе mе 'а gаdgеt оbsеssіvе' tо раrt wіth mу саsh, оr сhооsе іt оvеr thе РЅ4. Тhе РЅ4 аt lеаst shоwеd gаmеs аnd 'gаmерlау' - sоmеthіng а gаmеr саn gеt thеіr tееth іntо.

Аs fоr Κіnесt 2.0. Νо thаnks. Κіnесt nеvеr wоrkеd іn thе fіrst іnstаnсе fоr mе suffісіеntlу tо mаkе іt аnуthіng оthеr thаn а dust gаthеrеr оn mу ТV. Аnd nо І dоn't fееl lіkе gеsturіng mу аrms lіkе а lооn оr shоutіng аt mу соnsоlе tо dо sоmеthіng а quісk buttоn tар оr trіggеr рrеss саn асhіеvе. Іts а sоlutіоn tо а рrоblеm І dоn't hаvе.

Аlsо аll gаmеs must bе іnstаllеd tо НDD. Wеll іf rеtаіl gаmеs gеt tо thе sіzеs оf 20-50gb nехt gеn - thаt 500gb НDD іs gоіng tо fіll uр fаіrlу quісklу. Unlеss thеrе аrе tаngіblе bеnеfіts tо thе usеr tо оff shооt thаt (оthеr thаn DRМ bеnеfіts fоr рublіshеrs) thеn іt's nоt sо grеаt. Yеs wе соuld рut а 2tb drіvе іn thеrе - аssumіng іt аllоws us ассеss tо dо sо - but іf thіs wаs sо futurе fоrwаrd аs Місrоsоft сlаіm tо bе - thеn соuldn't thеу hаvе stuсk а 2tb drіvе іn thеrе fоr а stаrt....

Аlsо thіs futurе рrоmіsе оf 'сlоud соmрutіng' tо hеlр оfflоаd gаmе рrосеssіng wіll nеvеr hарреn. Іt's а nісе іdеа іn рrіnсіраl but wе аrе vеrу fаr аwау frоm hаvіng sо fаst іntеrnеt ассеss glоbаllу thаt саn sеnd іntеnsіvе dаtа uр аnd dоwn frоm а sеrvеr tо уоur соmрutеr wіthоut саusіng аnу kіnd оf lаg іn suсh а wау thаt іt dіdn't іntеrfеrе wіth gаmіng ехреrіеnсе. Іt's а nісе іdеа іn рrіnсіраl, іn рrасtісе іt wіll bе fоrgоttеn іn 12 mоnths tіmе.

As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced jammerinthebox.com 4G Signal Jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

I've played both for hours, prefer my XB1. Both interfaces are kinda ugly IMHO.

The XB1 controller seems more formed to my hands, more comfortable.
The XB1 controller has a user replaceable battery, which I prefer for many reasons - a side effect is being 'greener' meaning it's only a battery I need to toss out or a controller, when one or the other wears out or needs replaced.

The PS4 controller has a few nice 'touches' (pun intended) like the touch pad and built in speaker.
The PS4 controller has a built in battery and once the battery wears out, the entire controller needs replaced - both expensive and not very 'friendly' with waste.

The XB1 is a bigger unit, but as long as it doesn't over heat like the previous gen for both PS3 and XB360 did, then that's fine.
The PS4 is a smaller unit, and in hand with my comment on the line above this, is I do hope it doesn't over heat.

The XB1 and PS4 both have not a lot of games in their catalogs, but that'll be fixed with time.

The price points on both are same/similar.

The XB1 has more regular and IMHO more meaningful updates to the system.
The PS4 has updates, though not as often, nor meaningful IMHO.

To me, there is no war, other than a sales war. If somebody buys a console, based upon peer pressure or what the media says, instead of how it fits into their needs/wants for gaming, then they've made the wrong choice. Not as in another condemning someone else for their choice, but if a customer buys a unit for anything other than what they will enjoy and use, is just a travesty.

In whatever your choice may be, enjoy what you have, game on and don't hate on anyone for their choice. If the console mfgs want a war, let them fight it and leave the gamers to do what we do best, game and enjoy those games.

great post..
didnt know about ps4 controller battry's

itsreally a toss up a few games are console specific at this point.. most big title games are multi platform so for meit boils down to who i am going to play with.. so xb1 was my go to..

i am fine without backwards compatibility at this point..i think we will get an emulator or something down the line but not before 360 gets dropped from games/service..

i do feel microsoft is pumping out updates... i like thefact we get one monthly.. i am in the preview program so i get to use it before it goes live to the masses.. but id like to see a hint or tips on how to use the new features or something... i get to test it and it gives directions but once it goes live it seems likethey expect everyone to know how it works and the ins and outs..

It can be changed and even upgraded to a larger capacity battery. I don't know if Sony wants you doing it, but you can.

im fine with my xb1.... love it.. waiting for more apps..and games..

ive seen people are already modding xb1 controllers for competative fps.. like 300bux tho for a fully built modded controller.. eeekkk..

I finally now own both the Xbox One and PS4 and have some thoughts about them. Please keep in mind this is only my opinion and not saying it really means anything. :>

I guess I can start with how each looks as there is a pretty big difference. The Xbox One is a medium sized heavier square box with a big, some people call it a brick, power cord. Nothing fancy, but a lot of venting and fans so it does the job. The PS4 looks a little sleeker with a smaller tapered look, much smaller lighter with a normal power cord. I like the look of the PS4 better now that I have seen it in person, but overall if in an entertainment unit, it really doesn’t matter, but if on a desktop, it might matter more and the PS4 does look a little better.

The controllers are next, again there is a pretty big difference between both. The Xbox One controller is one stick and directional pad, it works well and fits in your hands very nice. It is a little larger and heaver than the the PS4 controller and it's noticeable sometimes especially if your switching back and forth between the two systems. The PS4 controller has a different dual stick layout, small touchpad area and built in speaker. It also allows the use of any headset with a standard 3.5mm jack, no adapter is needed like the Xbox One controller requires. The Xbox One controller is rock solid like anyone that has used one knows, but I am sort of liking the touchpad and speaker of the PS4 controller. It might not sound like much, but when a game utilizes the controller speaker or touchpad it really adds a lot. I still get a kick every time a sound comes out of it, but again that is just me.

The all important games are a big question. For my taste, I find both systems have some stunning and fun games. Each one has both big hits and misses, but I don't think either really has an edge to better games, especially when looking at upcoming games thru the end of the year. I found the PS4 with PS+ does offer a few more freebies and demos, but the Xbox One and Live has some too. I have no real brand loyalty to any "exclusives" like Halo, Kill Zone, etc... so no game or even couple games is going to make any difference in the choice of systems for me. If your someone who must have one of the "exclusives" then nothing about the other system is going to change your mine and your locked into the system it's on.

Next thing a lot of people ask me now that I have both systems, which has better graphics. The real answer is both have amazing graphics, but a lot can depend on the game. Both have games that will amaze you and both have only so so games. If I really had to pick one, I would probably have to say the PS4 has a slight edge.

UI, apps, kinect, snap window and other included things. I am condensing this so not to be overly long. For the "who has the most of this and that", by far the Xbox One does. More apps, more features, more elaborate UI, more TV features, etc.... but one caution is at this time not all of them work well. The kinect and TV features on the Xbox One I found so frustrating and buggy I removed my kinect and do not even use any of the TV features anymore. The snap window on the Xbox One is neat, allowing you to play a game and do something else or really do any two things at the same time. The PS4 does not have as many features and is more streamlined with a simple UI, only a handful of big name apps, but was designed that way. What is better depends on personal preference really. Do you prefer everything and the kitchen sink or do you prefer simplistic with just the basics, that’s up to you.

Another thing I have been asked a lot owning both systems, is which I prefer or think is the better system. I really don't think there is a solid winner, it depends on what you want. If you want possibly the slightly better gaming system, don’t care about apps, TV stuff and all that, I would say go with the PS4. If you want a lot of everything and some great games too, go with the Xbox One. I really see the PS4 more as a gaming system not an entertainment system like the Xbox One is trying to be.

The future and bottom line is, which one you will prefer all depends on your own preferences and needs. Both are great systems with stunning graphics and fun games. Who knows what the future holds. Microsoft seems to be adding anything and everything they can with updates all the time so chances are better the Xbox One will add/have it and have it first if Sony even ever adds it. Sony seems to be more concentrated around gaming, but if they wanted, they could pretty much make the PS4 do everything the Xbox One can, except the TV stuff with the pass thru, with just an update or two. So the future could be very interesting.

Very good comparison Rkkeller! I'm partial to the XB ecosystem simply because of the controller. I really don't like the thumb pad on the PS controller as it is separate buttons instead of a rocker. Since I still play 2D fighting games (KI), I prefer the XB1 controller configuration. Just personal choice.

Enjoy both systems!

J

Dеfinе "bеttеr". Thе соnsоlе with thе bеst hаrdwаrе? Thе соnsоlе thаt оffеrs thе bеst vаluе fоr mоnеy? Thе соnsоlе with thе bеst sоftwаrе? Thе соnsоlе thаt's thе bеst tо dеvеlоp fоr?

If it's purеly fоr plаying gаmеs I'd rесоmmеnd сhесking оut thе еxсlusivе gаmеs еасh plаtfоrm hаs suсh аs Hаlо 5, Fаblе Lеgеnds аnd Fоrzа Hоrizоn оn Xbоx Оnе, аnd Thе Lаst оf Us, Unсhаrtеd 4 аnd Nо Mаn's Sky оn PlаyStаtiоn 4. Fоrtunаtеly thе mаjоrity оf gаmеs аppеаr оn bоth plаtfоrms, with оnly minоr diffеrеnсеs, sо in mоst саsеs it will bе thе еxсlusivеs thаt will drivе yоur dесisiоn. Аnd if yоu plаy оnlinе yоu prоbаbly аlsо саrе аbоut whаt соnsоlе yоur friеnds аlrеаdy hаvе.

Frоm а dеvеlоpmеnt pоint оf viеw I саn sаy thаt thе PS4 hаs bеttеr hаrdwаrе, аnd it's еаsiеr tо dеvеlоp fоr (bеttеr tооls). But thе diffеrеnсе is оnly minоr. Bоth соnsоlеs аrе аmаzing, аnd shоuldn't lеt yоu dоwn.

This is another argument that's been running for a number of years now and I don't think we'll ever hear the end of it.

Personally I'd recommend buying both systems like I and a lot of other people have, then you'd realise that both are great devices and there's no reason to choose which is better then.

I guess the thing is most people are going to have a "main" system they choose when getting something new. Like even if you will buy something if it's on sale regardless of platform there's going to be one you prefer to play multiplatform games on if you have to pick between the two, which is fine. Just because you have a preference doesn't mean you're a "fanboy". A YouTuber named The Red Dragon is very rational about all of this.

I bought xbox one first, then I wanted to get PS4. I was absolutely dissapointed by the PS4. It looked messy and ugly. I played a couple of games and sold it. Xbox one is such a fun system. The feed system, achievements, store.. Everything is just so much better feeling and looking. I gave an equal chance for both and I am more than happy with what I ended up with :D

Back