Xbox One Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 - Opinions

Well I'm not sure what these companies are thinking, if they think the man on the streets can afford to spend over a thousand dollars on a gaming device, because that's simply not the case.

It doesn't matter how good it is, people have got a lot wiser when it comes to money (probably because we haven't got any) and for these manufacturers to think that over a thousand dollars is a reasonable price to pay for VR, they're living in their own world.

I would definitely stick with the Xbox, I'm not a hater of PS4 or anything like that, but I simply believe the way your command is being received from a Xbox joystick to be more accurate and even faster than a PS4 controller.

As I'm a huge lover of FIFA games, this aspect has been very important for me through the course of years, as in this game, even one half of a second it count as it might lose the possession of the ball and because of that you could lose an entire match, depending on who you're playing against.

I've got both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox ONE, and I have to say I haven't even noticed that to be honest, with the controllers. Having said that I haven't purposefully looked either, so if there is a difference it will only be minimul one.

In some games though, that's all it takes, and can be the difference between winning and losing.

I have a high end gaming pc, xbox one and a ps4 and I've had both ps4 and xbox since launch. I don't care that the ps4 is topping sales charts at all. I find myself constantly bored of my ps4 and always on my xbox or pc.

I love the xbox dashboard and the overload of apps. PS4s dashboard is boring and the apps are very limited. My other issue with ps4 is the overwhelming indie games. Truth be told for me I really can't stand indie games and that's mainly what they give away for free every month.

I am xbox as long as xbox is here to stay. Backwards compact is awesome, monthly games is awesome cause it's not all indie carp. I just overall have more fun on xbox. I'm not knocking the DS4 at all but in my hands the xbox controller is just an overall better feel

I maybe a majority but I can't wait for an upgraded xbox

The controller issue that people are talking about, isn't something that I've noticed either, and in my opinion they both feel well made enough and do an adequate job on the games.

Both Sony and Microsoft have put a lot of effort into them, because at the end of the day, what's the point in having a top of the range console, if the controller isn't fit for purpose.

Well -- until Microsoft can prove they can keep up with Sony's hardware, I'm still going to give the edge to the play-station. Their hardware is just better, and I can't deny it. That being said, with the new consoles launching soon, we might have a very close battle, it might come down to peripherals and VR capabilities.

When it comes to choosing between both consoles I always think that the PS4 is way better than the XBOX One itself, it has better features and I really like the PS community way more than Microsoft's, I will also pick PS because I have played with PS consoles ever since I was a little kid and I kinda like being loyal to the brand and yes, that's my opinion about them.

Even tho I have both my ps4 barely gets used. Uncharted and last of us fantastic on ps4 but other then that this s just my opinion I find the ps4 boring. I don't like the dashboard at all.

I will admit I have always been an Xbox fan so it's always my first choice. Don't get me wrong the ps4 is a powerful machine and the design is awesome it's just not for me

@Smellslikeralph Seems like you're the type of gamer that buys both consoles to decide which one is better just by testing them yourself, that's a really cool thing I wish I could do if I had the money for it, however, you may have your reasons to like the Xbox more than the PS, I understand that, but what's really keeping you away from the PS? I would really like to know.

In an ideal world I think that we would all like to be able to buy every console that comes out. I myself am lucky enough to have both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox ONE and I originally bought both to see which was the best and judge for myself rather than going off other people's opinion. I decided to keep both though as I think they are both good at doing separate things, so if you can afford to buy both, then that's the best thing to do and especially with both consoles coming down in price recently, it's become a lot more affordable to do that as well.

@pwarbi I really feel your point, you're lucky, you can actually play Xbox eclusives and also PS exclusives, you have pretty much everything in your hands at the moment, but keep in mind that new consoles are on their way and well, you can try to sell yours to buy the new ones, just if you would like to have the new ones, just saying.

You are right, and I do realise that I'm luckier then most that I'm able to afford to buy both as well as the new consoles that are coming out. Having said that I'm 39 years old and have worked full time all my life, so I should be able to really.

The gaming industry is being aimed more at those aged 20+ these days, and not those that are saving up their pocket money and that's why I think the gaming industry as lost a lot of it's appeal to some.

@pwarbi Well, you're right, it would be a really hard thing to buy both consoles when I can not even afford one, I would have to quit school and get a job to do so and well, that wouldn't be a great idea whatsoever, however, it could be good to save up some good cash for a while, but it will be a long while.

Well -- until Microsoft can prove they can keep up with Sony's hardware, I'm still going to give the edge to the play-station. Their hardware is just better, and I can't deny it. That being said, with the new consoles launching soon, we might have a very close battle, it might come down to peripherals and VR capabilities.
PlayStation must be feeling the pinch, they have announced that they are going to launch an amped version of the PlayStation 4. Why would they do this and not launch the PlayStation 5 sooner.

Seems like you're the type of gamer that buys both consoles to decide which one is better just by testing them yourself, that's a really cool thing I wish I could do if I had the money for it ...

Oh how I wish this was the case. I think I could probably swing it if I really wanted to, but you know, things like savings and retirement accounts and the bills and food, those things kind of get in the way. I do have a friend who is kind of able to do this with computers because of his work, and I really wish I could take that and transfer it to gaming. Maybe one day, though.

@rz3300 Well, I feel you. I do not have the opportunity of buying two consoles at the same time, I have one and I personally think it's more than enough, the only thing is that it takes some of my time when I have to study, but other than that, it is fine.

There is no way around it playing games can be areal time muncher. That is how come I normally play on a computer and only play on my console when I don't have anything else to do and just want to sit back and relax.

No matter what we play on, gaming can and always will be time consuming. I also prefer to play on the console rather than the PC though, and even though I have got a PC that's capable of playing the latest games, with the consoles you do get a sense of just plug in and play that you don't get with the PC's.

@pwarbi I'm a PC gamer and I really agree with that you're saying about the gaming experience when playing with a console, it definitely feels better than playing on a PC. Consoles are absolutely funnier than a PC.

When they both launched, I went with the PS4. Not much difference, just a slight edge in the graphics department and some of my friends got it.

But now, it's quite different. In my country, the regular Xbone is 1.5x as cheap as the PS4. And it does pretty much the exact same thing. Why would I ever go with the PS4 again? Especially since the next version of the Xbone will beat the next PS4.

@NotCasual That's what we don'treally know yet, we still have to wait and see how good the Scorpio is going to be. That's why I don't believe everything I see on the internet.

As of yet, it is true that we still aren't going to know just how good the Scorpio is going to be, and all we have at the moment to go off is the crumbs of information that Microsoft are feeding us. I would expect the Scorpio to be the best console released as Microsoft do have a reputation to uphold, even though in recent times Sony have started to dominate the market a little.

One thing I would be worried about though, is that when Microsoft bring out the Scorpio, Sony will also be working on and releasing their own upgrade of the Playstation 4, and Sony could end up having the upper-hand again.

Back