Xbox One Xbox one will Not Include a headset

KatyMicroOne

From
IL
IGN is reporting that a headset will not be included with the Xbox One.

Microsoft has confirmed to IGN that Xbox One will not come bundled with a headset, as per Xbox 360 tradition. Instead, Microsoft points to Kinect's "highly sensitive multi-array microphones designed to enable voice inputs and chat as a system-level capability, both in-game and with Skype and other experiences."

If you want a standard Microsoft Xbox One headset (which Microsoft calls "a must-have," ironically), you'll have to purchase it separately.

Via: IGN

Oh well, I would end up buying a higher quality headset, anyway. I still think they ought to include one in the bundle, because even the improved Kinect will doubtfully be adequate to communicate with in-game.

The industry wants us to be poor, lol. Does anyone remember if a headset was included with Xbox 360? It's been too many years for me to remember. I believe it would be a good gesture to include a headset with the console. We already have to pay a boatload for so many other accessories, and a headset is basically a necessity at this point. It's not like they'll lose profit.

So all the voices come out the TV? Can't wait for someone in a COD lobby to yell 'Xbox Off!'

Won't work like this, Kinect 2 will only accept commands coming from you and all noise coming from speakers or the TV speakers will be cancelled out.

I doubt anyone really minds. I think I used the original headset twice before I bought my own. I figured if I am going to buy a headset for gaming on the PC I might as well shop around and get one for the Xbox too. Found great deals online for both and I am hoping my current one will work with Xbox One so I do not have to yet ago, buy one more. Who knows I still might and then retire my "other one" to the kids.

Can't say I'm too surprised about this. Like others have said, most would have probably went out and bought a higher end headset anyway. Although on the other hand it wouldn't have hurt Microsoft to include a free one along with the Xbox One, especially since Sony is going to include one with every PS4. Microsoft better be glad they reversed their policy on always online and used games or they would be in serious trouble right now.

my 360 did come with a headset....

the one dosnt.. ehh not a big deal at this point.. i use a blue tooth device for chatting anyway... proably will go that route or a set of turtle beach or those gamestop after glow head set.

This is a shame, because I think the headset is one of the reasons why online was so much better on the 360. Still, the Kinect should serve as a decent replacement, and it still establishes the idea that anyone should be able to chat out of the box.

So wait, will I even need a headset to communicate in game or will the Kinect be able to pick up what I say anyway? If so, that's pretty damned awesome and impressive in my opinion. If not, well... this is just another reminder of the oh so expensive and numerous add ons that consoles frequently come with. $60 games, $50 controllers, $50 headsets, Xbox Live... it adds up.

So wait, will I even need a headset to communicate in game or will the Kinect be able to pick up what I say anyway? If so, that's pretty damned awesome and impressive in my opinion. If not, well... this is just another reminder of the oh so expensive and numerous add ons that consoles frequently come with. $60 games, $50 controllers, $50 headsets, Xbox Live... it adds up.

Kinect has a really high quality mic bulit in it, it will let you communicate not only in games but other apps (Skype etc..) the only problem I see in this is that the voices will coming from the speakers it would be annoying but eh, i'm happy either way.

The industry wants us to be poor, lol. Does anyone remember if a headset was included with Xbox 360? It's been too many years for me to remember. I believe it would be a good gesture to include a headset with the console. We already have to pay a boatload for so many other accessories, and a headset is basically a necessity at this point. It's not like they'll lose profit.

There was, but we didn't have Kinect with a microphone back the. And that's included with the Xbox one.

The Kinect one will probably be very low quality, so either way, Xbox One users will have to buy a new one.

The only reason we really kept our original is when someone wanted to play that was not "us". Both myself and better half have our own headsets that we use and we are kind of picky as to who gets to use it, no kid, no friends, we do not even swap sets. To us it is a personal thing (kind of like a tooth brush).

This is great! This will at least reduce the amount of stupid kids screaming **** on Xbox Live, I hope!

Great! This will help control the general population of cookie cutter gamers who get the free mics and troll the sound waves.

Wrong! It's actually worse because the Kinect mic makes kids sound 10x annoying.

That is not a good way to keep loyal customers that put up with the kiddies. Honestly I love the option of sometimes just turning it off and listening to just the game sounds and maybe some music in the back. A troll is a troll is a troll. It has to be one of the most annoying things, second only to the this.

Rick_Roll_-_Never_Gonna_Give_You_Up_007_Wallpaper_JxHy.jpg

The Kinect one will probably be very low quality, so either way, Xbox One users will have to buy a new one.

I don't agree, the zombies on dead rising 3 is set to hear your whole house, even if the someone opens the door and comes in. this is a cool kinect feature in the game. I remmber one of the developers were talking about this, if this was ture, then kinect must be really high quality. also there's some review on the new kinect on youtube, and they showed some of the kinect microphone features and it's really awesome. it removes the whole background noises and makes your voice clear for commands and for speaking thru it.

Back