Xbox 360 Biggest Factor in buying a Game?

For me, it's the reviews and opinions I see online and from my friends because if that many people say it's good then I doubt it will be bad. I always look at gameplay of games for hours until I decide that I actually want to buy it though. I would also go over my friends houses sometimes just to play the game .

What comes first when you buy a game? Is it quality? Pre-release reviews and opinions? How many fans are wildly screeching about it, wildly awaiting its release? Maybe you base your buying off of price. Whatever it may be, I think we all have preferences. I personally like to wait for a game to come out so I can see if the quality is as high as many people claim it to be.

I generally like to do some hard research; reviews from friends if they have the title or from IGN, then I hop over to Youtube to see the game play, the graphics the action that sort of a thing, also the buzz it makes on the web, especially social media, if its not very popular its probably not worth playing, especially for online multi-player FPS games, you won't find any one to play with if its not popular.

Definitely re playability. If its a multiplayer game chances are I'll pick it up as I'd assume it would have some re playability factor. If the game is just a single-player/campaign type deal then I'll head down to the local video shop (Yes some still exist) and rent it for a week for a ridiculous price like $5, well worth it.

Quality and longevity is the name of the game for us when we buy a new game. I rarely buy new, choosing to stick to the used, cheaper versions for the most part. It's because they play through the games so fast and the trade in value is so crappy. I hate it when I buy a new game and my son brings it back to me in three days complaining that he's finished it and that he's bored. He's only 11, so he's not playing co-op and definitely not playing the more mature, longer playing games just yet. But that's what we look for. Great graphics and such comes second.

Back