Xbox 360 Do you read game reviews?

I read reviews, I watch Youtube "let's play" videos and I play a demo if I can. I don't just read IGN reviews, I also read reviews by consumers on Amazon to see what regular people thought. Sometimes, if I want a game really bad and I have a strong instinct that I'm going to like it, I'll ignore the reviews and buy it anyway and on a couple of occasions I've been pleasantly surprised, I look for information about a game from multiple sources so I can make an informed choice. Seeing someone actually play the game on Youtube is a big help because it gives you a better idea of the actual experience beyond what they show in trailers and ads.

Of course! I do even more than that!
I usually watch a ton of Let's Plays and then read a bazillion amount of reviews and then watch unboxings. Then when I'm certain I'll like the game, I buy it.
I seriously have to stop watching Let's Plays before I buy anything, lol, because in the end I know how it ends :/

Game Reviews are a hit and miss for me. Usually when I'm buying a game, I already know what it's about or I'm buying for someone else that specifically asked for that game.
However, while just browsing the internet, occasionally I find a game that interests me. Most times I ask my boyfriend first, "Hey, ever heard of this?"... If he says no, I search for good reviews.

I don't bother with game reviews. I talk to my friends and view trailers, etc. before deciding whether I want to rent or buy the game. I find so much of the time that game reviews are so biased and if a reviewer doesn't like FPS and I do, I wouldn't expect them to like it, but I very likely would.

I always read/watch game reviews before making a purchase. I actually trust most of these reviewers more than I trust my friends when it comes to video games. For example, all my friends said black ops 2 was the worst game ever, but I thought it was really good. Watching reviews is a must for me before buying a game.

Sometimes I look for particular game reviews in sites like IGN and Gamespot, but I tend to trust more what other gamers think about a game before purchasing it, I look for other people reviews in forum sites like Neogaf, you can read lots of review and opinions from multiple users there to get a better opinion about any games could buy.

I'll occasionally read game reviews, but generally I'll wait a while before going out to buy a game anyway. If a game has a lot of hype about it (like Black Ops when it first came out), I'll leave it for a while, then check reviews, to see if it's lived up to expectations.

I use to, but I don't really have time for gaming anymore, so now I take recommendations from friends. I can quickly decided if I'll like it or not.

I don't normally read reviews. I prefer to try the game myself and just go with my gut instinct. If I buy games purely based on reviews, then I would've missed some of my most favorite games. Besides, nowadays you can never be sure if that review is really an honest opinion or a paid marketing tactic.

As I've got a tight budget when it comes to purchasing video games, I tend to do a ton of research on one before purchasing it. I usually read a few reviews of the game or watch some gameplay before making a decision on whether or not to purchase it.

Usually I just read the verdict or the final marks. Obviously that is a good enough indication if the game is good or not. Just depends on your personal preference of types of games.

Usually I just read the verdict or the final marks. Obviously that is a good enough indication if the game is good or not. Just depends on your personal preference of types of games.

I agree, everybody doesn’t have time for reading reviews. I just check the trailer on YouTube and read top comments, pretty much it the gist of the review. Also if a lot of gamers talk about it, it must be good.

I definitely read a review always before buying a game. So far I have never bought a game I didnt like thanks to those reviews so im glad I do.

Reviews are generally a good barameter to feel out how the game is. If there are more than half negative reviews, more than likely the game would not be worth it in the end. Ultimaly, the decision is yours.

I usually look at reviews to get a general idea of how good the game is, but I usually look at gameplay videos to make the final decision.

I often read reviews to get more insight, but I have to try the game for myself to form any concrete opinions. If a game has a lot of dodgy reviews, there is probably a good reason for it, but that doesn't mean that it would be a good idea to write it off. Gameplay videos help, but I am also glad that game demos are now more accessible than ever, because nothing can beat experiencing a game for yourself.

I read reviews and watch trailers and Let's Play videos on Youtube to help me make an informed decision. I trust my own instincts but if a game consistently has bad review after bad review, that's a red flag that there might be something wrong with the game.

There are just a few games that are an automatic buy because I collect that series and want to have every single game in that series.
Like all Soul Calibur, Prince of Persia, God of War and Dead or Alive games are an automatic buy for me regardless of what the reviews say because I collect those games. Even if they made an entire Soul Calibur game of just Ivy farting, eating chips and watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, I would buy it so that I can say I have every single Soul Calibur game. Other than those games I automatically buy, I do research on most games before I buy them and I read what other players say about the game in forums.

Back