Xbox One Do you think GTA V will be released for Xbox One/PS4?

I do not think that GTA V will be released for Play Station 4 or Xbox One, as it might just happen that Play Station 3 games are supported on the Play Station 4, and then theee will be no need of a separate version of the game for Play Station 4 and the Xbox One.

I think in a desperate attempt to make money, it will probably be released but i dont think anyone will really buy it for those consoles unless they havent gotten GTA V on the Xbox or PS3 yet.

It will be most definitely. An upgraded version for Next gen and PC must be in the works. Rockstar would be stupid to just release the game on the severely limited current gen hardware.

I don't think they will release it for Xbox One and PS4, yet. They still need to bring a version for PC and other consoles. Then I think they will bring it to the Xbox One and PS4. Although I don't think it will take long because, I mean have you looked at the graphics? THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING!

I think that they will.
The more consoles and platforms they support - the more income they will get, for sure.
The question is "when"?

I would be really happy if they do.
The performance would be a blast, since its hardware is perfect for GTA5 requirements.

Im sure they will, especially with the lack of backwards compatibility. it will probably be a rushed port as well

I think they should, and would.
I mean, It's another cash in for them right?
Make a port, Shouldn't be too hard .. They don't even need to update the graphics or anything, People would buy it.
And then, Kablam.. More money :)

It definitely wouldnt hurt them, i mean GTA V is a pretty amazing running and looking game even on the 360 so i can only imagine what it would be like on the Xbox One. It doesnt feel like theyd have much to lose by doing it so id say yes

I think they should, and would.
I mean, It's another cash in for them right?
Make a port, Shouldn't be too hard .. They don't even need to update the graphics or anything, People would buy it.
And then, Kablam.. More money :)

well porting is quite an issue actually, since its a different system, hardware etc. But having a huge company and hundreds of devs, they should get it done in no time. i hope so, though

I don't see any reason as to why not. Rockstar has made an horrendous amount of money off GTA V, might as well make even more by making it available to next-gen consoles.

Hey Guys, I just saw a video about this, although it showcases backwards compatibility for GTA 5 (Xbox 360 version) to Xbox One. I hope that this is true though. I haven't tried it but the guy on the video did. So I think it is possible to do it.

[video=youtube_share;koygn37rH_0]http://youtu.be/koygn37rH_0[/video]

I can't see it happening to be honest. It would take a lot of time and effort to port it over, and Rockstar haven't been that great with ports. If they do then hopefully they will do it properly. I can see it happening with a game of the year edition though, that would be awesome.

Not sure, but I hope they will.
GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas have been ported to mobile devices, so all sorts of porting is possible.
I'd say it will be ported to PC and then to New Gen consoles.

I would love for this to happen but it'll be a while. First the team that made the game is still on vacation (I think they usually take super long breaks), second it takes them time to port games (as we know from their history), and third if they port GTA V to next-gen consoles that means including GTA V Online which is a whole nother barrel of fish. It's probably going to take at least a year before we even see Rockstar mention it.

I have to agree with redtycoonseras and JackDannox. GTA V might hit X1/PS4 like a year or so later. Rockstar took a while to get the older GTA games on PS3.

I had them penciled in for 2-3 years to get it over to the Xbox One and PS4, but I'm warming up late 2014-early 2015.

Yeah I guess it could happen, but in a few years, probably at the 5 year anniversary or something. I think that they will make a PC version mid next year, and then start on a new game, possibly Red Dead Redemption 2? I would think that it would be pretty hard to port a game over with such big changes in hardware.

It's more Rockstar takes awhile making their games then take a break. They'll look over and say "Oh, let's put GTA V on X1 and PS4." They won't be doing the graphical update everyone keeps hoping for when the company is constantly working on their next title.

True, there is a very good chance that we won't get the graphics update that people are clamoring for and I don't see why Rockstar would. That would take time away from whatever game their working on right now. Instead it's more likely that in a year or so we'll get the game on next-gen consoles but the graphics won't blow anyone away because Rockstar will be focused on the next Red Dead.

Back