Xbox One Do you think GTA V will be released for Xbox One/PS4?

I hope they can release it for Xbox one. Well, I have played Grand Theft Auto for a long time and I really enjoy the game a lot. So I think they will release it soon. They are probably still working on the game up to now. Well, I can't wait to play this game.

Exactly. Plus by the time GTA V hits the marketplace, it'll have a reduced price. No reason to slap a new coat of paint on the game if you're selling it for maybe $30-$40 given (given when the game reaches the marketplace).

Yeah, I'm willing to wait to see GTAV. I think we're all willing to admit that it won't be that much better graphically on the PS4 and it'll take time to make sure that GTA Online isn't afflicted with the same issues that it had on launch. But it's pretty obvious that the game is going to come to next-gen the only dispute is when.

There's no backwards compatibility with the Xbox One, period. I don't know why so many people are hung up on trying to make it work. If they wanted to play 360 games, they should just buy a 360 for way less than the Xbox One and play the big selection of games that are already out instead of bricking their brand new Xbox Ones trying to force it to do something it's incapable of doing.

My thing is, if Microsoft deems it important to provide backwards compatibility, then we'll get it. In the meantime, hopefully game companies will offer One and PS4 versions of their hits from previous systems. I'd consider purchasing GTA V if this happens.

J

It's a shame but I don't see Microsoft reversing the policy anytime soon, especially since people seem to be pretty okay with paying a fee to upgrade their games. Maybe they'll sell digital copies of their previous games on PSN and Xbox LIVE or pull a Nintendo and create the virtual console while selling the games cheap. We'll have to wait and see. As for GTAV, I think we're all in consensus that it will happen just not only time soon.

I think that they will.
The more consoles and platforms they support - the more income they will get, for sure.
The question is "when"?

So true. This will be a good sales boost for them. I'm guessing by the start of the quarter next year they will release this.

Rockstar officially went on the record and said it will never release on next gen.

Rockstar officially went on the record and said it will never release on next gen.

“Of course we’re interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing.

“So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they’re planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we’re not sat there fantasizing about 10 years down the line. We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”

http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-5-ps4-xbox-one-rockstar-games/

Yeah now there's that rumor going around about a next-gen version being announced at E3. Rumors are as good as lies so we will have to wait and see. E3 isn't too far off.

i think it would re energize the game.. get people semi excited about it.. allot of us held out on the game because of the xb1 launch. i would proably get it on the xb1 for its gameplay.. im not looking for a visually better game just the fact its on next gen at this point.

i think it would re energize the game.. get people semi excited about it.. allot of us held out on the game because of the xb1 launch. i would proably get it on the xb1 for its gameplay.. im not looking for a visually better game just the fact its on next gen at this point.

It's a good looking game as it is. It doesn't need much treatment. It running at 1080p & 60fps would be kind of magical even if the assets were the same as on 360.

It's a good looking game as it is. It doesn't need much treatment. It running at 1080p & 60fps would be kind of magical even if the assets were the same as on 360.

i would be fine with no changes and 900 @60fps id rather it be on next gen than 360... i personally dont think the shading/rendering from 900-1080 would be any bit noticable with processing power... im not saying 1080 isnt nice but i have yet to see where its leaps and bounds noticeable... if anything i prefer 900 @60 it keeps lag and frame tear at a minimum. allows for allot more focus on gameplay, proper texturing and much better lighting dynamics.. till developers figure out how to make things work like the snow drop in(tom clancy) where lighting changes and things happen with them.. i care so little about the visual number as i do dynamics of the game.

i havnt played gta5 so i am taking a shot in the dark hear...
its visually nice in pics... but its optimized to the 360 to a t.. i dont think it was the gameplay/story that took the time i think it was the time to polish the game to what is is or was at launch.. and hey that is great.. that is where the 360 was at... i understand and except we are on xb1 and its a new game for developers.. but many developers say its just new.. figuring out how to do the same things on the new arcatecture is whats taking the time..
i think of development as a vacuum. for 10 years the industry was basically sucking thru one tunnel every developer knew the system.. once they jumped 1 hurdle it was like cake owrk for the next game.. and they started on another hurdle.. 10 years later it was easy to start with something nice...
now we are in next gen within 1 year of the everything changing... their is no vacuum... none of the developers know the exact method of approach once a few 1080 games hit the market as big aaa titles and the engines are developed it will work allot easier and those new hurdles will than begin.

but the gaming industry is very slow to real change.. its not easy to adopt something that may be slightly less than previous... its hard to grasp the fact its a new concept its not the 360 its not the same system... and those 10 years of r&d are about out the window.. starting fresh is hard

but think of where rockstar would be in development if they actually released the xb1 version... think of how far ahead they would be with the system and development.. sure it mught not have been launched beside the 360 but even at 6 months out... it would give them a leg up on other developers and they have a huge game with a big backing from the community.. all it would do is benifit them.. if its to late of a launch its counter productive and the market is dried up for the game..

Back