Xbox One Do you think Microsoft would ever make a portable game?

I honestly believe that handheld gaming "consoles" are going to be considered "ancient" soon. With games like Infinity Blade, Angry Birds, and Words With Friends on tablets, and smartphones, people are carrying a portable gaming console with them everywhere they go.

Microsoft is more interested in the phone department. If anything that's portable gaming starts coming from Microsoft it's going to be for the Windows Phone, and with Xbox One, Windows linkability. It may lead to something interesting.

Doesn't it seem like handheld market is pretty dismal nowadays? I posted earlier in this thread I think Microsoft would focus gaming efforts on the Windows Phone more than anything. I think Nintendo does ok with handhelds because it's aimed more at kids, whom parents don't want having smart phones yet. But once you're an adult, you might play some games on the phone you have anyway, but I don't think very many would carry around a Nintendo DS and an iPhone for example.

I think they will certainly join the portable game market irrespective of the high competition. Like any good business, Microsoft understands it is not the number of competitors but the quality. Furthermore, Microsoft is a big name in the computer industry and will just make inroads even if Nintendo somehow has a monopoly presently.

we shouldn't ignore the daily security in our life such as the GPS tracking or other method used by someone to steal our privacy. Therefore a cell phone jammer which can be got from jammerfromchina.com with a good function of cutting off cell phone signals as well as other frequency bands signals can help to create the security system to protect us. And then we can enjoy the quiet and peaceful environment.

I think they will certainly join the portable game market irrespective of the high competition. Like any good business, Microsoft understands it is not the number of competitors but the quality. Furthermore, Microsoft is a big name in the computer industry and will just make inroads even if Nintendo somehow has a monopoly presently.

That's quite impossible, well after all they want to settle down on Xbox One in making it an all in one system before going or making something else.

That's quite impossible, well after all they want to settle down on Xbox One in making it an all in one system before going or making something else.

I agree. Before they can even think of making one they have to see the competition. Clearly Sony and Nintendo has the lead.

I agree. Before they can even think of making one they have to see the competition. Clearly Sony and Nintendo has the lead.

Yeah. Those companies have been making handheld consoles for the longest time. Microsoft won't match them in any way.

A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got wifi blockers at jammerfromchina.com for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!

The possibilities are endless. Well depending on the need of the industry. If they think they can match what Sony and Nintendo has to offer then by all means go ahead. But I still think that microsoft won't even be doing it.

Cell phone jammer is an electronic device that blocks the transmission of signals between the cell phone and its nearby base station. By using the same frequency as the cell phones, the rf jammer kit creates strong interference to the communication between the caller and the receiver. It is efficient in blocking the transmission of signals from the phone networks, including UMTS, 3G, CDMA, GSM and PHS.

Cell phone jammer is an electronic device that blocks the transmission of signals between the cell phone and its nearby base station. By using the same frequency as the cell phones, the rf jammer kit creates strong interference to the communication between the caller and the receiver. It is efficient in blocking the transmission of signals from the phone networks, including UMTS, 3G, CDMA, GSM and PHS.

??? What does this have to do with microsoft making a portable game.

It's like you pasted your homework on this.

Now you mention it, I'm surprised they already haven't. Microsoft are often playing catchup so I'm surprised they didn't follow Sony's lead with the vita. However in today's day and age I can't see it happening. Like many have already mentioned, they're focussing on their mobile platform and Windows 8. They want Windows to be your one and only device. The device that you do EVERYTHING on. Seems that they really want everyone to have a Windows tablet for both work and play. That's your portable device right there.

Now you mention it, I'm surprised they already haven't. Microsoft are often playing catchup so I'm surprised they didn't follow Sony's lead with the vita. However in today's day and age I can't see it happening. Like many have already mentioned, they're focussing on their mobile platform and Windows 8. They want Windows to be your one and only device. The device that you do EVERYTHING on. Seems that they really want everyone to have a Windows tablet for both work and play. That's your portable device right there.

Yeah, but I guess it's really that hard for them to make something their own.

With smart phones I don't think anyone is buying portable games anymore. I know at one point every kid had one but right now I don't think they are really necessary. I didn't realize until now that they maybe obsolete. I am part of the gameboy/ gamegear generation we had no other options but todays kids do.

The market for portable gaming has shrunk significantly due to advent of the smartphone so I don't think it would be a smart move to get into that action. Microsoft could do something bold with their Windows Phone platform, but I don't think they will.

To be honest. I am surprised they have not done it already

Considering the success Sony, and Nintendo have had with portable gaming devices. Those type companies usually copy each other. For some reason Microsoft decided not to join in that market. Maybe they felt the potential gain was not worth the effort.

I haven't heard any rumors about it either. I think it is safe to say Microsoft will not me making a portable gaming device.

To be honest. I am surprised they have not done it already

Considering the success Sony, and Nintendo have had with portable gaming devices. Those type companies usually copy each other. For some reason Microsoft decided not to join in that market. Maybe they felt the potential gain was not worth the effort.

I haven't heard any rumors about it either. I think it is safe to say Microsoft will not me making a portable gaming device.

Well I agree. Maybe just the thought of what happened to Zune still haunts them until now. They could never match the originals.

Well I agree. Maybe just the thought of what happened to Zune still haunts them until now. They could never match the originals.

I remember having zune before. It was a good piece of equipment but they really could not beat IPOD.

Back