Xbox One Do you think Microsoft would ever make a portable game?

I remember having zune before. It was a good piece of equipment but they really could not beat IPOD.

Yeah, if they did create something like Zune again, it would happen again. the downfall of the product.

I don't think Microsoft would do one. After money bleeding mess that the 360 was lumped in with Windows Phone, Skype, and Bing plus wanting to strengthen Windows as a whole again, they wouldn't want to throw their hat in the portable arena. Plus their mobile direction has already been shown little love. I doubt they'd say "No one's really feeling Windows Phone, we just got Nokia's stuff, we need to bring back N-Gage. The world needs a Microsoft handheld."

As someone has said here before, Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) have a lot of stuff going on and can't really afford to stretch themselves even thinner. While Nintendo catches slack, it's the only one of the three that has that privilege of being a purely game company. If something falters, it's not a call to bail and "Go Sega". If Xbox One or the "Xbox N-Gage" bled money like 360 did for a period of its run Microsoft won't hesitate to discontinue the brand or lessen their presence in the market. A handheld would put more strain on the brand as a whole to succeed.

If Microsoft continued with Live Gold's "You have to unlock your internet to play online" then no, they should stay far from portables.

Live Gold would work on portable, but not the restricting internet use since portable is meant to make full use of wireless wherever it might be available.

Live Gold would work on portable, but not the restricting internet use since portable is meant to make full use of wireless wherever it might be available.

Could work but I don't think that they would even make one.

To prevent my children addicted to the TV programmes and do harm to their eyes and study after getting the cell phone jammer I also get the remote jamming device jammerfromchina.com and by now everything is going on well and I am satisfied with the result.

Well I agree. Maybe just the thought of what happened to Zune still haunts them until now. They could never match the originals.

That is a cold truth.

With failure of the Xbox One launch. I do not see Microsoft entering new markets any time soon. I think they are going to be in extreme cost cutting mode for the next few years. There has been no rumors about a portable gaming device, not even a whisper about it. That is a sure sign that there is nothing in development.

Companies love to tease us before products, are actually released.

That is a cold truth.

With failure of the Xbox One launch. I do not see Microsoft entering new markets any time soon. I think they are going to be in extreme cost cutting mode for the next few years. There has been no rumors about a portable gaming device, not even a whisper about it. That is a sure sign that there is nothing in development.

Companies love to tease us before products, are actually released.

I agree. Well they could have foreseen this but they still let it push through.

I agree. Well they could have foreseen this but they still let it push through.

I have to disagree.

I do not think they foresaw it. I think they got a little cocky, and thought that they could create a better product. They were wrong of course, but there is nothing wrong with having a little confidence in your companies abilities.

The iPod was just to good of a device to beat out.

I have to disagree.

I do not think they foresaw it. I think they got a little cocky, and thought that they could create a better product. They were wrong of course, but there is nothing wrong with having a little confidence in your companies abilities.

The iPod was just to good of a device to beat out.

You said it. Haha. HOpe they can read this.

You said it. Haha. HOpe they can read this.

They don't need to read this.

I am sure that they already know. MIcrosoft has eaten a big piece of humble pie this year. They have gotten their tales kicked by Sony. If they have not learned their lesson yet, then they never will. There company is sure to suffer, if they continue this business model.

However. i doubt they will, they didn't learn with the Zune why would this be any different.

I am sure that they already know. MIcrosoft has eaten a big piece of humble pie this year. They have gotten their tales kicked by Sony. If they have not learned their lesson yet, then they never will. There company is sure to suffer, if they continue this business model.

However. i doubt they will, they didn't learn with the Zune why would this be any different.

I guess so, well even if they do they're too lazy to even take action.

You have a point there. They never learn.

Nice. you took the words from my mouth. Glad someone had to say this.

I know, right? That's like...telling yo mama jokes and going after someone's dead grandmother.

If Microsoft continued with Live Gold's "You have to unlock your internet to play online" then no, they should stay far from portables.

Oh yeah, this too. Portables are big on being able to use wi-fi readily. While Live Gold would have it "unlocked" for a player, it's always been preferred that online just be readily available without a gatekeeper.

Back